Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

which part Dallas? :)

Judging by his avatar, he means the true, ancient 'City of London' (with a capital 'C'), or 'The Square Mile', as it's often called - I suppose if you want it even more precise you could ask for the ward (like a mini-borough within it, just a few hundred yards across)! :lol:

Woe, woe and thrice times woe, we started off having a couple of cms, then it stopped, the temperature rose and that lost one of the 2 cms. Now temp about 0C, we had a hour of so of light snow but only about a cm. The snow has lost its pristine look appearance, not like what you get when the temp is below 0C. :lol:

Outlook not too grand either - we have probably lost the battle as far as the uk is concerned but at the same time I can't see how the warmer sector is going to progress into middle and eastern Europe where it is pretty cold at the moment. Hopefully the cold air will hold the warm at bay and build up an impetus for some nice easterlies in Jan.

Edited by mike Meehan

Posted

just checked outside and drizzle/sleet here in C London. temps too high for snow now. currently 3.9 °C

It can snow at 3.9c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

There's more ppn coming up from the South in the direction of Hampshire, Berkshire & London

and thats fizzling out rapidly as it moves east aswell

Posted

Judging by his avatar, he means the true, ancient 'City of London' (with a capital 'C'), or 'The Square Mile', as it's often called - I suppose if you want it even more precise you could ask for the ward (like a mini-borough within it, just a few hundred yards across)! wink.gif

but there is no avatar showing :lol: i am by admiralty arch and some people call this area the city :) oh, and i am in spitting distance of trafalgar square. still got snizzle out there

Posted

and thats fizzling out rapidly as it moves east aswell

Sky News Weather showed snow crossing London around 5 - 6 am

Posted

which part Dallas? :lol:

Near Ludgate circus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

drizzling now...

Posted

End of Fleet Street towards St.Pauls

Posted

It can snow at 3.9c

yeah. pity dew temp is 2.0 °C though

Near Ludgate circus

cheers mate.

only asking to get an idea if it was worth me going up 3 floors to look outside as i have no windows here in work.

Posted

Not worth the energy, will shout if I see snow :lol:

Posted

Not worth the energy, will shout if I see snow smile.gif

:) cheers mate

just checking the radar and the band of ppn has gone over very quick. i might not bother checking it anymore as i think thats just about it for us now. not convinced about the supposed 0500 rerun either :lol:

Posted

:) cheers mate

just checking the radar and the band of ppn has gone over very quick. i might not bother checking it anymore as i think thats just about it for us now. not convinced about the supposed 0500 rerun either :lol:

You never know, I just saw a gritter

Posted

definitely not heading for woolwich area then :) :lol:

It would be stable door, bolt and horse! I left home at 1530 in cold misriable rain, that turned to sleet which in turned to snow in minutes. The train went through Woolwich, Blackheath etc and the snow was pelting down, you just knew there would be chaos..................never seen platforms get covered that quick :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

End of Fleet Street towards St.Pauls

St Pauls does look wonderful in the snow.

I doubt the ppn will turn before it leaves us, the snow which was lying has almost gone, but it was lovely to enjoy a covering here in central London, just a shame the temps were marginal, otherwise would be lovely out there, rather than an ice-rink.

Drive safely all, because if this mess freezes, there will be chaos.

(edit: The cold air is still over Berks/Bucks right now, but moving in behind the ppn. there might be a few mins of snow on the back edge, but too little too late it seems.)

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

It would be stable door, bolt and horse! I left home at 1530 in cold misriable rain, that turned to sleet which in turned to snow in minutes. The train went through Woolwich, Blackheath etc and the snow was pelting down, you just knew there would be chaos..................never seen platforms get covered that quick laugh.gif

got train at woolwich arsenal after walking to station. woolwich/plumstead was gridlocked and had to walk in the roads as they were safer than pavements. am dreading it freezing over in the morning as i have to walk home from station and its all uphill :lol:

m25/m3 camera

http://public.hanet.org.uk/cctvpublicaccess/images/14876.jpg?sid=0.17948899349843994

Posted

got train at woolwich arsenal after walking to station. woolwich/plumstead was gridlocked and had to walk in the roads as they were safer than pavements. am dreading it freezing over in the morning as i have to walk home from station and its all uphill :lol:

m25/m3 camera

http://public.hanet.org.uk/cctvpublicaccess/images/14876.jpg?sid=0.17948899349843994

That link says "forbidden"??? is it worth pursueing?

Edit: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH...I don't have a lampost anywhere near me, so have been using a spotlight to shine out of the window to see any flakes.

But my spotlight just dropped into my sink, which was full of water, and I have blown the bulb and a fuse!!!

Twazzock!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

big area of ppn showing up across west london on radar, seemed to appear from nothing :lol:

http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=208&y=244

well it shows sone ppn coming down quite heavy. cant tell if snow or rain though

try this

http://www.trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx

Posted

Still contemplating getting train back tomorrow or crashing at mums in Hammersmith, will keep one eye on the weather and one on S/Eastern trains :lol:

Posted

big area of ppn showing up across west london on radar, seemed to appear from nothing :lol:

http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=208&y=244

well it shows sone ppn coming down quite heavy. cant tell if snow or rain though

try this

http://www.trafficengland.com/motorwayflow.aspx

Having now installed a new light in the window, there are now flakes mixing in the blend, but the ground is completely sodden, so unless it turns wuickly, then that's it for the night.

Posted

Edit: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH...I don't have a lampost anywhere near me, so have been using a spotlight to shine out of the window to see any flakes.

But my spotlight just dropped into my sink, which was full of water, and I have blown the bulb and a fuse!!!

Twazzock!

oops.gif :lol:

post-2025-12614504332413_thumb.jpg

Posted

starting to snow :lol: gone a bit sleety now.........this is how it started today

Edited by dallas