Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Big upgrade for precipitation into Thursday with a possible trough, N yorkshire, East Yorkshire could get a fair bit :(

Lewis

BTW! 12Z = SNOW FEST FOR EAST COAST COUNTIES, N YORKSHIRE AND EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE AND N LINCS!

Lewis

Agreed - good synoptics for much of the east coast - including all of Lincolnshire *cough cough* and much of the East Coast from Teeside to The Wash at first, before broadening out to the whole of Eastern Britain south to about Lowestoft. Nice eye candy, but it'll all change by the 18z run, probably.

EDIT - The 18z run is exceptional for eastern parts of our patch, keeping a snow risk going from early Thursday through to well into Saturday.

Edited by Just Before Dawn

Posted

Sorry GMG but i'm in total ramp mode now \:(/ we both will get a pasting!! if the 12z verifies, from Thursday until well onwards!!

Agreed - good synoptics for much of the east coast - including all of Lincolnshire *cough cough* and much of the East Coast from Teeside to The Wash at first, before broadening out to the whole of Eastern Britain south to about Lowestoft. Nice eye candy, but it'll all change by the 18z run, probably.

if it does verify, the wolds will become colds, lol not the best joke. But you will do fantastic mate.

I'll still my neck out now , and will confirm we are in reliable time frame, these models are just upgrade after upgrade, can't see it going wrong now, especially for our areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Big upgrade for precipitation into Thursday with a possible trough, N yorkshire, East Yorkshire could get a fair bit tease.gif

Lewis

I think this is because of the occluded fronts, the warm front over us with the cold front undercutting, so you get the 2 difference's with the warm front the higher cloud, cold front the lower?

I'm not 100% on it, but i'm pretty sure thats what it is.

Lewis

Or it could have something to do with the thickness, with us been on the border line of 530 and 540.

530 at 500-850hpa and 540 on the 500-1000hpa.

BTW! 12Z = SNOW FEST FOR EAST COAST COUNTIES, N YORKSHIRE AND EAST RIDING OF YORKSHIRE AND N LINCS!

Lewis

Thanks Lewis, I think you are onto something with the fronts.

Major thaw here today mad.gif Yesterday stared warm then went cold and down to -4.1 deg C overnight but rained here at about 05:45 - there was hoar frost at 05:30!

What's your current temp?

Muff

Posted

Sorry GMG but i'm in total ramp mode now \:(/ we both will get a pasting!! if the 12z verifies, from Thursday until well onwards!!

If the GFS 12Z comes off, do you think i would do pretty well mate?

Posted

Big upgrade for precipitation into Thursday with a possible trough, N yorkshire, East Yorkshire could get a fair bit ;)

Lewis

Lewis

Great stuff :good: When veiwing the models recently, although the upper temps looked good, I was wondering where we were going to get the precipitation from.

It seems it may not be a problem afterall

Posted

If the GFS 12Z comes off, do you think i would do pretty well mate?

The whole of the region will do well mate and you will do very well, much better then the last cold snap, and if this does come off, humber streamer time :good:!!!

i'm keeping an eye on something as the 12z rolls out, if i post in 2 mins time, it may be a huge ramp ;)

lewis

Posted

The whole of the region will do well mate and you will do very well, much better then the last cold snap, and if this does come off, humber streamer time :good:!!!

i'm keeping an eye on something as the 12z rolls out, if i post in 2 mins time, it may be a huge ramp :D

lewis

hey mate, just got back from funeral! was bloody freezing out there! yeah HUMBER streamers gets going and lands here with E/NE wind flows! hows it looking now? havnt checked charts yet ;)

Posted

Here it is, way too far out, but shows an organized band pushing from east to west over us, could move northwards, or it could be centered further south of us so we hit it full on.

But these charts are amazing, fantastic run!!

Showers after shower, probably trough after trough judging by the flow! I feel for the person that has to hand draw the UKMO charts lol.

game on folks ;)

ukprec.png?dopvhost=charts.netweather.tv&doppl=88ca4d51c3f066a4c3a066f412656dbfc3a066c2&dopsig=b7767f7e8e55d4c9de3bf90b4e0a7013

hey mate, just got back from funeral! was bloody freezing out there! yeah HUMBER streamers gets going and lands here with E/NE wind flows! hows it looking now? havnt checked charts yet ;)

So sorry about your loss, i lost my nanna on xmas eve a few years ago, it's horrible.

I hope some snow will cheer you up mate :D because as the 12z stands, it's looking fantastic.

Do you remember about 4 years ago, might have been feb, we had a humber streamer here and i'm pretty sure it gave you a good 4-5inches.

Lewis

Just make sure you send those showers inland SFL :good:

Don't worry about that Mark :) Showers will push inland as the flows not as slack, plus there will be a lot of troughs about that don't need a strong flow to make there way inland, well 9 times out of 10 in this setup.

Lewis

Posted

Here it is, way too far out, but shows an organized band pushing from east to west over us, could move northwards, or it could be centered further south of us so we hit it full on.

But these charts are amazing, fantastic run!!

Showers after shower, probably trough after trough judging by the flow! I feel for the person that has to hand draw the UKMO charts lol.

game on folks :)

ukprec.png?dopvhost=charts.netweather.tv&doppl=88ca4d51c3f066a4c3a066f412656dbfc3a066c2&dopsig=b7767f7e8e55d4c9de3bf90b4e0a7013

So sorry about your loss, i lost my nanna on xmas eve a few years ago, it's horrible.

I hope some snow will cheer you up mate :) because as the 12z stands, it's looking fantastic.

Do you remember about 4 years ago, might have been feb, we had a humber streamer here and i'm pretty sure it gave you a good 4-5inches.

Lewis

Don't worry about that Mark :) Showers will push inland as the flows not as slack, plus there will be a lot of troughs about that don't need a strong flow to make there way inland, well 9 times out of 10 in this setup.

Lewis

Weird how events happen to other people in same way if that makes sense.

Yep clearly mate! humber streamer is what makes easterlies special! its the best for snow and for drifting! our house is exposed to massive fields on the east!

Id be up for late nights watching these showers with beers in each hand haha :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A little rain earlier and starting again now. Posters in the midlands are getting fed up with the none event as the rain and if they're lucky sleet dampens there spirits. The front is also beginning weaken but as ever things can change but I wouldn't advise holding your breath.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Don't worry about that Mark smile.gif Showers will push inland as the flows not as slack, plus there will be a lot of troughs about that don't need a strong flow to make there way inland, well 9 times out of 10 in this setup.

Lewis

I would expect some to make it inland however im going to get excited yet, hopefully a lot more than that last spell. We all know what happened then! :) I would expect East and North Yorkshire and lincolnshire to do very well :)

Posted

Am I right in saying then that we can look forward to snow showers from Thursday onwards? The reason I'm asking is because the bbc forecasts don't look that great until then unless you live at the top of the m62.

Posted

Weird how events happen to other people in same way if that makes sense.

Yep clearly mate! humber streamer is what makes easterlies special! its the best for snow and for drifting! our house is exposed to massive fields on the east!

Id be up for late nights watching these showers with beers in each hand haha :)

It sure is weird matey. If you need to talk or out mate i'm always here, whether it be weather or not.

I'm now officially fiddling with my fingers and rattling the computer table with excitement, this 12z is one hell and i mean put it this way, I'm 21 in January, and i have never witnessed models like this.

Lewis

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

All you people on the east coast better hope that GFS run is wide of the mark - or else you will never want to see snow again for the rest of your lives :) Think it would be snowing every day for a week+ from New Years :)

Really an amazing run for the north of England especially the east, and given GFS seems to be the most on the ball temp wise with the current system then...

Posted

All you people on the east coast better hope that GFS run is wide of the mark - or else you will never want to see snow again for the rest of your lives clap.gif Think it would be snowing every day for a week+ from New Years shok.gif

Really an amazing run for the north of England especially the east, and given GFS seems to be the most on the ball temp wise with the current system then...

I really hope you are right my friend I got all excited when I read your post!!!!!drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

And to top it off.

Here comes the Northerly \:)/ - What a perfect run that would be.

post-2644-12621041213113_thumb.jpg

Yes, convective potential is top noch for us all if you ask me, I think there will be a few happy faces in here in the days to come :)

BTW just started sleeting lightly here clear occasional flakes of snow in the rain

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted

Yes, convective potential is top noch for us all if you ask me, I think there will be a few happy faces in here in the days to come :)

Convection along with the North Sea being a nice warm bath = fantastic :)

Your right, this thread will be in meltdown.

O.K - Enough ramping from me now, I'm awaiting ensembles and the ECM.

Lewis :)

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

It sure is weird matey. If you need to talk or out mate i'm always here, whether it be weather or not.

I'm now officially fiddling with my fingers and rattling the computer table with excitement, this 12z is one hell and i mean put it this way, I'm 21 in January, and i have never witnessed models like this.

Lewis

aww i do appreciate it mate! haha im older than you! im 22 on the 1st of march! one question! Dont you think gfs are under doing the ppn amounts?

Posted

Convection along with the North Sea being a nice warm bath = fantastic smile.gif

Your right, this thread will be in meltdown.

O.K - Enough ramping from me now, I'm awaiting ensembles and the ECM.

Lewis smile.gif

Im suprised you havn't noticed the thunderstorm icon on the 7 day forecast for hull (net-weather forecast) whistling.gif:)

I forgot which day its on but its either Thursday or Friday :)

Posted

Im suprised you havn't noticed the thunderstorm icon on the 7 day forecast for hull (net-weather forecast) whistling.gif:)

I forgot which day its on but its either Thursday or Friday :)

Right i'm back in ramp mode :)!!

You can thanks mark for that ha ha. Seriously though, thunder snow on quite a wide scale across the full region is highly possible, as these showers will be very convective. And troughs too may well have embedded storms in them, lets wait and see, truly mouth watering prospects!

Shows the thunderstorm icon here: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=4;type=free;ct=~HU9;sess=#forecast

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

For Grab My Graupel.

You're not a million miles away from me, about 19m as the crow flies and a fairly similar altitude, but a bit more protection from the N Sea.

Currently 2.4c here and a DP of -1. Can't give a more accurate DP at the moment because of a software issue. :)

The temp has been slowly rising, but the DP was showing 0 an hour ago.

Posted

If you look at rain today you can already se evidence of "showers on a NE'ly" a line developing between scarbrough and filey!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by Chassisbot

Posted

Right i'm back in ramp mode :p!!

You can thanks mark for that ha ha. Seriously though, thunder snow on quite a wide scale across the full region is highly possible, as these showers will be very convective. And troughs too may well have embedded storms in them, lets wait and see, truly mouth watering prospects!

Shows the thunderstorm icon here: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=uk7dayx7;page=4;type=free;ct=~HU9;sess=#forecast

Just before the last cold spell started, the PPN kept getting upgraded, although there shouldn't be a big gap this time :lol: