Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just come back from rugby, it took quite a while and decided to abandon car at bottom of hill.

Probably in the vicinity of 1 inch of snow, giving a blanket covering on all surfaces. Very pretty indeed.

There are more streamers out there, but these miss us to the west.

When do you think the best chance for snow is over the next few days? Metoffice going for snow showers on Tuesday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Last question, will it snow again in Cardiff? :lol:

:p

No more tonight me thinks, sugar dusting and thats your lot :p

Posted

Well it might when Cardiff beat Swansea!!!LOL Sorry couldn't resist

Speaking of Swansea... I'm going to the cup match between Leicester and Swansea tomorrow down at our place :lol:

CITY!!! THERES ONLY ONE CITY THERES ONLY ONE CITY!

LEICESTERRRSHIREEEE LA LA LA, LEICESTERSHIREE LA LA LA

Posted

Is there more coming towards Swansea ?

Possible, another band is coming in but its too far west at the moment, hopefully this will push southeastwards.

Speaking of Swansea... I'm going to the cup match between Leicester and Swansea tomorrow down at our place :lol:

Umm..No.

When do you think the best chance for snow is over the next few days? Metoffice going for snow showers on Tuesday?

post-213-12623788763313_thumb.png

Looking at the radar, it looks like the band could hit us it does seem to moving SSE at the moment.

After tonight, probably a little less cold tomorrow, with westerly winds around the low, then Bitterly cold again for the foreseeable, chance of more general snow.

This is from NW Extra, very much worth a purchase.

Posted

Wel its snowing again here and the radar doesnt have anything near, also Cwm is the Welsh word for Valley

Very much like to dump you lot out of the FA Cup and also the Heineken Cup as well. :p

Replay more likely to be honest though.

Posted

Arrgghhh, despite much of Swansea having a nice dusting, we have barely a flake on the ground here in Mumbles. It's not even as if the snow started off as rain, it just stopped as soon as it started :lol:

It's not so bad in the higher parts of Mumbles as the roads and lawns are covered, but it would have been good to have had a bit more!

Posted

Sorry of topic. football

Always had alot of respect and a soft spot for swansea from my days in the Cuckoo boys whistling.gif

some great times down there in the late 80's early 90's. and the ''jacks'' always showed at burnden park.

Posted

Yes the band seems to be pushing eastwards again now, i've just got myself the radar JackOne, its worth it!

Sorry of topic. football

Always had alot of respect and a soft spot for swansea from my days in the Cuckoo boys whistling.gif

some great times down there in the late 80's early 90's. and the ''jacks'' always showed at burnden park.

:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

so looks like that is it for us here then tonight? unless more showers crop up overnight but i doubt it. Would be great if those showers to the west moved more easterly still to hit here atleast, grrrrrrrrr lol anyway hope for more some time in the next week.

Posted

There is a God! Moderate snow again in Pontyates...

Posted

Yes the band seems to be pushing eastwards again now, i've just got myself the radar JackOne, its worth it!

:lol:

Could this potentially get as far east as Pencoed / Talbot green please?

Posted

LOL

B4058 Bristol

Broken down salting vehicle on Stapleton Road both ways at the Freemantle Gardens junction, partially blocked.

FAIL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

There is a God! Moderate snow again in Pontyates...

If there is a god then we should get more snow here lol

Posted

Yeah if there is more coming. Pain in the I have a problem lads opposite have been out trashing the blanket, love watching the kids during the day but evening and night snow is lovely to see it lie for a while love to just sit on the doorstep and watch

Posted

Hi Jackone,

What we gonna call this nice little streamer then, as your well aware they got their thames streamer and even wash streamer accross the water, shall we call ours the Cardigan streamer? irish streamer?

More of these last minute surprises over the next week i think as this cold digs in.

Posted

LOL loving the football banter :D

Marcus... Broken down gritter OMG ROFLMAO!!! Dunno why it's out in Bristol anyway, no snow there tonight :lol:

Posted

BBC Charts for Wales suggest:

Snow showers from north Sunday Night heading across Wales - though weakening as it heads further south (S. Wales around 3am).

Snow showers for North & West Wales Monday Night into Tuesday.

Widespread snow showers Tuesday Night.

Plenty of snow for north, east and South Wednesday.

Posted

Yeah if there is more coming. Pain in the I have a problem lads opposite have been out trashing the blanket, love watching the kids during the day but evening and night snow is lovely to see it lie for a while love to just sit on the doorstep and watch

Lol the kids across the road have done the same here too. I didn't think It would go down too well if I wemt out & told them to leave it alone! After all, as much as I love it - sadly the snow doesn't belong to me!

Posted

Hi Jackone,

What we gonna call this nice little streamer then, as your well aware they got their thames streamer and even wash streamer accross the water, shall we call ours the Cardigan streamer? irish streamer?

More of these last minute surprises over the next week i think as this cold digs in.

Eira Streamer :lol:

Posted

Lol the kids across the road have done the same here too. I didn't think It would go down too well if I wemt out & told them to leave it alone! After all, as much as I love it - sadly the snow doesn't belong to me!

I thought that....... Wandering what they wod day if the mad woman came out on a rainy day and told them to leave my puddle alone:) mind I remember at 22 wadering around my home town with my friend at 2 in the morning building snowmen in every garden we could soooo I can't blamme the young snow lovers

Posted

LOL

B4058 Bristol

Broken down salting vehicle on Stapleton Road both ways at the Freemantle Gardens junction, partially blocked.

FAIL

Got to disagree snowing heavy north swansea not moving east.