Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 14

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Chucking down snow here now, settling on cars & untreated surfaces. Temp falling nicely too...

You'll need a new avatar soon, Lady P??? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Rather frustrating scenario for us in Dundee and Fife at the moment. Nothing falling, yet the same front and cloud passing over us now is going to give parts of England a big dumping. Not really fair but that's the price we pay for being south of the mountains. Tomorrow could be better, we'll just have to wait and see, but this evening is a little bit of a let down.

Rather frustrating scenario for us in Dundee and Fife at the moment. Nothing falling, yet the same front and cloud passing over us now is going to give parts of England a big dumping. Not really fair but that's the price we pay for being south of the mountains. Tomorrow could be better, we'll just have to wait and see, but this evening is a little bit of a let down.

It seems to have done a split and miss round here too. I see the band is reforming just to the south of me, while all we got was frost :drunk:

Edit: Although I suspect that wasn't actually the cold front :drunk: Surely that only comes through with the cold air which is associated with the band of precip still across the north. The front in the south of Scotland is the forming warm front??

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

I have excellent snowboots...as long as the buses are running. Wind getting a bit gusty so the snow is blowing about. Settling on the main road now as well.

Great stuff isn't it? Certainly exceeded my expectations tonight...for once during this 'cold snap'!

Snow should pass through in the next 15 mins though IMO

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted

LOL, freezing snowy rain/sleet here. Everything covered in a glaze of ice already...

-1.5c dewpoint -2c.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Posted

You'll need a new avatar soon, Lady P??? :good:

It's not THAT heavy... :p Still, it is nice to see everything white again. I have been off work from the lunchtime of the first snowfall back on the afternoon of the 18th so it seems nicely circular - especially since the bottom layer of the snow (well, ice now) is the stuff that fell back then.

Any skis???? :whistling:

Skis and I don't really get on... I like my bones unbroken and undislocated!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Don't worry, Kent will get a pasting later this week.

I got pasted last night , well for 4hrs :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

feature2-1.jpg

Where does he think he's going?? Ireland? In that case you're merely a comma cloudrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

I have just enjoyed reading through all the posts! yer having a largh!!

Anyhoo nae snaw here either! Yep according to the radar there is something up there but its no falling here.

Posted

According to this

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weatherradar/

The whole of edinburgh should be seeing something and ive just driven back from Musselburgh and i can tell you there isnt any

:)

As this product is experimental it should not be relied upon

Bit like the entire forecasting of this cold spell from the people who developed the product :rofl:

Yes, yes, I know Pete Tattie doesn't like when we go on about the BBc/MetO - tough :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Judging by what has fallen at Aviemore, Drumochter this band is giving no accumulations anyway. Waste of time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Speak for youself :rofl: half an hour ago it pelted down here. I counted at least eight flakes and it lasted for all of thirty seconds. :)

Any thoughts as to whether the wind will go Easterly enough for us in East Central Scotland before the high pressure gets too near cutting off the precipitation [Friday possibly?]?

Edited by Norrance

Posted

CMD/Glasgow people - That big snow shower coming down from the highlands is surviving and heading straight for us...