Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 14

Ross B

Posted

OMG! .. :lol:

that's all I can say right now only on coffee #1

yeah thats amazing statistics giving your location, will be an interesting drive for you tomorrow. Also I think catchmydrift looks as if he has had a good top up judging by the radar will see when he comes on :shok: Cheers

Scott

Aye. I woke up in the middle of the night to find out it was snowing. Not sure how much we got, looks like an inch on the cars on the lane at the front, although that's a wee bit sheltered there behind the tenements :cold:

That's the first time I've ever seen a shower make it all the way through the Highlands and then strengthen into a spell of snow for much of the central belt :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

You've had a thaw Pete? By the way, NE wind later on, cold temperatures around, Moray Firth SIGNIFICANTLY colder - in for a chance of heavy snow today?

Posted

'Morning all! Where's all the snow gone??? :cold: :cold:

Ok coffee #2 .. think it's here Pete!

You did well overnight too CMD et al..

took quite a bit from the showers yesterday evening then caught some as the wind swung more northerly around midnight, and more recently just took a pasting (don't think I've ever used that word before) off the first phase of this band now coming in, think Aberdeen/Dundee should be seeing it soon too..

too early to measure accurately but I reckon 6cm maybe more

School is closed, son is happy he rarely gets snow days as he walks to school

DH not so happy up to start digging the car out again!

and maybe a bit more on the way by the looks of it..

Posted

Look at the traffic cams around Hawick/Jedburgh :whistling:

or Manchester according to the News too!

check out the Huntly camera for our current situ. too

our trees are now hanging so heavy I can hardly see the lights in the village any more, and cars are just crawling on their way to work..

anyway gotta go out and help DH will report depths back a wee bit later

Posted

Chin up Invernessians:

MET OFFICE:

"Some sunshine and further snow showers, heavy and prolonged for a time across the North Highlands and around Inverness."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You've had a thaw Pete? By the way, NE wind later on, cold temperatures around, Moray Firth SIGNIFICANTLY colder - in for a chance of heavy snow today?

Aye Rab :whistling: , until it all froze quickly at around 7pm yesterday...Now, it's just dry and cloudy...

Posted

Chin up Invernessians:

MET OFFICE:

"Some sunshine and further snow showers, heavy and prolonged for a time across the North Highlands and around Inverness."

We can only hope... :whistling: You back in Glasgow??

Posted

What's all this ABD, EDN, GLA, INV, DUN, STL, PTH banter about these days? :lazy:

By the way, I'm very much enjoying having a place to discuss with all the other Scottish members - too often we get lost in a Sea of Sassenach! Perhaps we can look to getting our own permanent thread somewhere? Would be nice!

What's all this ABD, EDN, GLA, INV, DUN, STL, PTH banter about these days? :lazy:

That's mostly just Richard talking about Adbn because his "e" key doesn't work!!!!

Although you could say it's me talking out my ars again, if I had to use Richard's computer.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Morning all, a very light fine covering of snow overnight here in West Lothian.. Looking at GFS today looks like mid-day onwards are our best bet for the east coast.

Looks more easterly than northerly today !

Temps here back to very cold this morning after feeling marginally milder yesterday.

Spent last night reading the Net Weather winter forecast as forum was down, some amazing stuff in there regarding the interconnected global weather systems.

Can't believe how south the Jetstream is at present - rattling over North Africa !

Also take a look at China - biggest snow in 60 years - anyone got any thoughts on that?

Ensembles here move from the outlier position back to steady -5 on the mean until 21/01 - the cold keeps on coming... will it stay until Feb...

Posted

Just heard Darren Bett on Five Live: possibly -20C in the Glens at the weekend! :)

'A sea of Sassenach' indeed!! :D

Posted

Morning folks. -4C and no further snow since yesterday afternoon.....when about an inch fell.

Amazing the track of showers run down to the west of Inverness and anything to the east is further east. Still there is the chance of more showers until Friday when High Pressure builds and we have a very very cold quite quiet spell. Then we get a blast from Siberia........its been an incredible winter so far.

Has all the snow melted in the town Pete?? We have had a very slow thaw for two or three days with temps just above freezing during the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Good morning all. No precipitation whatsoever! Temp. -7.6C.

Posted

Morning all, a very light fine covering of snow overnight here in West Lothian.. Looking at GFS today looks like mid-day onwards are our best bet for the east coast.

Looks more easterly than northerly today !

Temps here back to very cold this morning after feeling marginally milder yesterday.

Spent last night reading the Net Weather winter forecast as forum was down, some amazing stuff in there regarding the interconnected global weather systems.

Can't believe how south the Jetstream is at present - rattling over North Africa !

Also take a look at China - biggest snow in 60 years - anyone got any thoughts on that?

Ensembles here move from the outlier position back to steady -5 on the mean until 21/01 - the cold keeps on coming... will it stay until Feb...

I am sure they will tell us it is due to Global Warming!!:)

00z Ensembles for Inverclyde show that it may stay chilly for a while yet:

Since the models will always tend to trend towards average then the later part can be ignored, I think <_<

Just heard Darren Bett on Five Live: possibly -20C in the Glens at the weekend! :cold:

'A sea of Sassenach' indeed!! :clap:

Aye, but how many Scots use the expression "the Glens of Scotland"??

Posted

Morning folks. -4C and no further snow since yesterday afternoon.....when about an inch fell.

Amazing the track of showers run down to the west of Inverness and anything to the east is further east. Still there is the chance of more showers until Friday when High Pressure builds and we have a very very cold quite quiet spell. Then we get a blast from Siberia........its been an incredible winter so far.

Has all the snow melted in the town Pete?? We have had a very slow thaw for two or three days with temps just above freezing during the day.

Hi Gilly...No, it's just compressed into pack ice!

Edit: light snow falling!

nowt for me except the teeniest sprinkle last night about 10/11

We got barely an inch of snow. Easily one of the three deepest snowfalls of this cold spell. Amazing to think that after over 2 weeks of snow almost every day we still have so relatively little to show for it.

Posted

I am sending snow here vibes up north, i need some snow....its like coffee, i need that every morning, i need snow in the winter(falling snow i mean)whistling.gif

All over my facebook my english friends are moaning about the snow. Why???? They knew it was coming. Geez they should be gratefulwhistling.gif

Posted

I am sending snow here vibes up north, i need some snow....its like coffee, i need that every morning, i need snow in the winter(falling snow i mean)whistling.gif

All over my facebook my english friends are moaning about the snow. Why???? They knew it was coming. Geez they should be gratefulwhistling.gif

lol SL2...What a bunch of Southern Softies! :)

Posted

OK I was conservative, total overnight fall was 10cm (4")

total untouched covering on doghouse (photo coming later) is now 38cm (15")

now snowing lightly again

SL2 I'm feeling your vibes, blowing it down your way, - that's quite enough for now - I don't mind sharing

Edited by Snooz