Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

J10

Posted

You seem very certain just because your in the fireing line, Don't count your chickens too soon. We were ment to have a dusting today right? i dont call 6 inches a dusting. Anything could have happen tonight its down to nowcasting.

Mate, i'm not being cocky or anything, just excited lol....like everyone else has had snow.

Posted

I know what a filling in a sandwich feels like , snow to the left snow to the right and swansea stuck in the middle with mustard on us (that french cra-)lol.

Still cant really see anything of any significance from Swansea to Bridgend, more so Swansea, i think you have more chance there, but still limited.

Its happening in a circle all around us , everything is spinning around like Kylie said.

Heavy Snow for Swansea tonight, I should be so lucky. :cold:

Posted

Interesting times. Will Swansea get any snow? Knife edge stuff

Snow to the north, snow to the west, snow to the east and snow to the south.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee diddly squat for Swansea.

I predict nothing for this evening, zip , zero , zilch , 0 , nowt .

There is as much chance for snow in Swansea tonight as there is of Forest Green winning the FA CUP.

Posted

Mate, i'm not being cocky or anything, just excited lol....like everyone else has had snow.

LOL it can be hard when its snowing everywhere but where you are.

Its like a big party but Swansea is not invited

Posted

It is probably likely to get colder by the weekend, and if ECM/UKMO/FAX are to be believed, further snowfalls cannot be ruled out for Wales.

As for Ice Days, at Mumbles Head unlikely, Monday was probably an ice day here, and further ice days here are possible.

The models are quite reliable in the general context of the cold continuing, exact details more difficult to pinpoint, especially with regards to any snowfall. As recent days have proved.

Hi Jackone or all!!

Do you think Cwmbran has a good chance tonight??

The low that was swivelling from the midlands may miss us and also the low later from the south may just miss us too :blink: :lol:

What are your or anyone elses for that matter thoughts on this.

Cheers WW

Posted

at the moment seems like the showers are staying well away from Bridgend area, any idea when then might start getting here? current temp -1.2C. Hope school is closed tomorrow either cause the teachers cant get here from swansea cause of snow there, we have snow here so it closes or both :) although still not sure about anything atm, keep watching the radar's and hoping!

Both me and you mate always seem to be in this big white section on the radar while everything else wraps around us lmfao the shield is up and holding good

We will see, but we may well get a few more cms as some models are predciting.

Posted

Doesent matter a nice glass of cianti going down a treat lol.

Posted

Hi Jackone or all!!

The low that was swivelling from the midlands may miss us and also the low later from the south may just miss us too ;):)

Cheers WW

Anyone??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Both me and you mate always seem to be in this big white section on the radar while everything else wraps around us lmfao the shield is up and holding good

Haha yep, whats even worst is like when i was walking home from school today and you can see the cloud going around your area in all directions, but not over it. That always happens lol i think the snow gods don't like us for whatever reason. Just gotta hope although im not expecting much.

Hi Jackone or all!!

The low that was swivelling from the midlands may miss us and also the low later from the south may just miss us too :nonono::nonono:

Cheers WW

Everything seems a bit further west than originally forecast, not by much, but every 10 miles counts.

As for Cwmbran some snow seems likely for you in the next 2 hours.

Posted

Everything seems a bit further west than originally forecast, not by much, but every 10 miles counts.

Do you mean for the low from the south tonight?

If so this is good isnt it?

Posted

Does that mean anything for Swansea, please say it does!!!!

Posted

Do you mean for the low from the south tonight?

If so this is good isnt it?

not next two hours - it should be snowing about now - it's knocking on your door!

Posted

Im conused by the radar the precip is moving all over the place, the precip from the north seems to want to come towards us the precip to the west doesnt seem to be moving and the precip to the south doesnt seem to be doing much.

Posted

We will see, but we may well get a few more cms as some models are predciting.

Which area do the models predict its coming from??

Western snow to push east??

Eastern snow to push west??

Northern snow to push South??

Or do we just make our own from Swansea Bay??

Party list :-

1. Haverfordwest

2. Carmarthen

3. Aberystwyth

4. Llanelli

4. Wrexham

5. Newtown

6. Builth Wells

7. Merthyr

8. Neath

9. Bridgend

10. Cardiff

11. Newport

12. Port Talbot

13. Maesteg

14. All of the Valleys

15. Porthcawl

16. That monk island next to Tenby

17. Barbados

18. Cairo

19. Sydney

20. Swansea

Any names not included or struck off the list are not welcome.

Free snow will be given to all , and the snow shield will prevent unwanted guests.

Posted

Does that mean anything for Swansea, please say it does!!!!

The way it's piling in from the midlands I wouldn't rule anyone out just yet - the earlier GFS models may well have got this just right!

Posted

Im conused by the radar the precip is moving all over the place, the precip from the north seems to want to come towards us the precip to the west doesnt seem to be moving and the precip to the south doesnt seem to be doing much.

Thats because the low has stalled and everything is wraping around it. The low looks centred over bristol at the moment and in last hour or so its hardly moved. The percep comming in is on the hook swirl if that makes sence so the percep on one edge is just sat over pembrokshire and is being feed in a staight line with shed loads more behind it. Its strange to see percep moving in that sort of fashion it dont happen often because it usually comes across from west to east instead of from north east to south west. Pembs is going to be in the fireing line for hours and hours by looks of it. Thats why we in swansea are getting nothing is because we are inside the centre if you like where its dry with all action on a circle around us.

Posted

Swansea may get some snow from both the front to the north and then from the SE later, but a huge amount doesn't seem that likely.

hello from cardiff ,can you please tell me are we going to have any snow and how much can we expect, as i will stay up if we do and watch ,thanks to your reply .