Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

J10

Posted

On we go to the next thread.

ECM looking set to continue the cold weather right through to the end of T+240.

But in the mean time, chance of snow for many tonight especially for the SE.

That'll do me lol, nice 6 inch of the stuff maybe.

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

I'm watching the radar at the moment and everything is just spinning around itself and intensifying as it goes....this is sure going to be an interesting night for us here in Cwmbran.

Cwmbran 150m asl SE Wales 5 miles east of Newport ( Upper Cwmbran )

Posted

On we go to the next thread.

ECM looking set to continue the cold weather right through to the end of T+240.

But in the mean time, chance of snow for many tonight especially for the SE.

Can the overall situation get that much worse over Britain??

Will we get an ice day or three here in Swansea??

How reliable are the future models at the moment ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

what can south west wales expect out of tonight snow wise?

Posted

A little of subjuect but is the forum being strange or has it changed. My photo thingy has gone, the status updates etc on the right have gone and a few other things.

Back to subject. GFS is showing snow from about midnight tonight for me until midday tomorrow.

Posted

I said about an hour ago it was easing off here in Machynlleth - it is still snowing, although in the 'eased off' stage.

Temperature here about 1.4C, and according to Meteox radar the main band of snow has passed by.

Anyone here able to give us an idea if there's any more significant showers overnight?

Thanks

Impster

Posted

what can south west wales expect out of tonight snow wise?

your probably going to carry on being fed that line of precip which you have already been seeing snow from.. about it really not sure how everything else will pan out

Can the overall situation get that much worse over Britain??

Will we get an ice day or three here in Swansea??

How reliable are the future models at the moment ??

It is probably likely to get colder by the weekend, and if ECM/UKMO/FAX are to be believed, further snowfalls cannot be ruled out for Wales.

As for Ice Days, at Mumbles Head unlikely, Monday was probably an ice day here, and further ice days here are possible.

The models are quite reliable in the general context of the cold continuing, exact details more difficult to pinpoint, especially with regards to any snowfall. As recent days have proved.

Posted

Very heavy snow in Hereford right now. Settling on all major routes. Looks interesting for Abergavenny/Merthyr was I'd say.

Keep on coming down that A465 !!

The news channels are getting a bit carried away i must say, and the "advice" --- wear warm clothes, drink warm drinks , etc is bordering on the ridiculous ---- no s**t sherlock.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Still snowing here in north ceredigion :drinks:

A little of subjuect but is the forum being strange or has it changed. My photo thingy has gone, the status updates etc on the right have gone and a few other things.

Back to subject. GFS is showing snow from about midnight tonight for me until midday tomorrow.

All not essentials on the forum have been disabled, in order to keep the forum running with usage at the moment. The server has already been upgraded twice to keep up with demand.

Also the forum is on a different server to the rest of the site, so models will keep on working even when the server is down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Light snow flurry then here in the CF15 area I can see snow arriving around 10 in Cardiff. Its beter than forecasted by the look of rain today its heading straight for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

at the moment seems like the showers are staying well away from Bridgend area, any idea when then might start getting here? current temp -1.2C. Hope school is closed tomorrow either cause the teachers cant get here from swansea cause of snow there, we have snow here so it closes or both :whistling: although still not sure about anything atm, keep watching the radar's and hoping!

Posted

Finally!, it looks as if the precipitation is starting to fizzle out now.

The current depth is 11 inches, about 9 inches fell from 14:00 - 20:00.

There are drifts up the sides of the roads that are well over a foot.

It will be highly interesting to see the amount that fell on the Horseshoe Pass cold.gif

Posted

All not essentials on the forum have been disabled, in order to keep the forum running with usage at the moment. The server has already been upgraded twice to keep up with demand.

Also the forum is on a different server to the rest of the site, so models will keep on working even when the server is down.

Cheers.

at the moment seems like the showers are staying well away from Bridgend area, any idea when then might start getting here? current temp -1.2C. Hope school is closed tomorrow either cause the teachers cant get here from swansea cause of snow there, we have snow here so it closes or both :D although still not sure about anything atm, keep watching the radar's and hoping!

Doesn't look like anything in the next couple of hours, but there is a chacne of the snow from the east hitting you later.

A lot of snow from the band in the Reading areas, I am sure, people in SE Wales, wouldn't mid a taste of this later this evening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/travel/jamcams/index.shtml

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Interesting times. Will Swansea get any snow? Knife edge stuff

Swansea is unlikely to get snow from the stuff in the east but maybe a lilitle from the west. The futhest west the front from east is likely to get id say is Pencoed Llantristant ect maybe clipping Bridgend.

Posted

Not tonight, only SE.

The front looks to be fizzling out. Ah well still an inch of lying snow here in the Swansea Valley.

Posted

Not tonight, only SE.

You seem very certain just because your in the fireing line, Don't count your chickens too soon. We were ment to have a dusting today right? i dont call 6 inches a dusting. Anything could have happen tonight its down to nowcasting.

Posted

at the moment seems like the showers are staying well away from Bridgend area, any idea when then might start getting here? current temp -1.2C. Hope school is closed tomorrow either cause the teachers cant get here from swansea cause of snow there, we have snow here so it closes or both smile.gif although still not sure about anything atm, keep watching the radar's and hoping!

Still cant really see anything of any significance from Swansea to Bridgend, more so Swansea, i think you have more chance there, but still limited.

Its happening in a circle all around us , everything is spinning around like Kylie said.