Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

J10

Posted

Thanks mrmonopoly you've just answered the question I was feeling abit foolish about asking. Does this also mean the longer it stalls the better chance south wales has when it starts sinking south.

Edited by nomad098

Posted

Does that mean anything for Swansea, please say it does!!!!

It cant snow here , the snow shield has been activated from the Meridian Quay.

Didnt you know thats what it was built for?

It was built to make sure everyone can get to work and to combat the recession.

Posted

To my untrained eye, it looks like the snow-hole curently over Swansea and stretching to the north is quickly being filled in with precipitation. It ain't heavy, but it is heading your way.

As I've been saying all day- this 'event' has a long way yet to run. Nothing is set in stone.

Posted

Thanks mrmonopoly you've just answered the question I was feeling abit foolish about asking. Does this also mean the longer it stalls the better chance south wales has when it starts sinking south.

Honest answer I dont know, if it stays where it is, whatever is in the midlands will feed down into us. If you watch the radar for last 3 hours you can see its only moved about 20 miles or so. Its now realling starting to pull moisture in from channel now, and its started to feed the low percep even furhter. I THINK what the models are saying is, as it sinks down the wrap around will swing across and catch the border of wales. People want it to swin gmore west so the arm covers more of wales as it does so. I personally would like to see it swing round more, but hopefully yank more down from midlands. The band over the north is going to move south west over pembs and out to sea as the other low moves down pulling it with it.

Wouldnt it be awsome if the lows swung around a complete 360 and caught us a 2nd time hehe.

Jack am I correct in my explanation

Posted

Does that mean anything for Swansea, please say it does!!!!

The snow is set to come from both the front from the north pushing east, and later from the front to SE pushing west later in the night. This is from the NAE model posted From Ian Ferguson on the South West regional thread.

By the way the snow shield is clearly defective after heavy snow last Friday and again today. :D

Met Office Snow Days from this event 4 and counting.

Posted

To my untrained eye, it looks like the snow-hole curently over Swansea and stretching to the north is quickly being filled in with precipitation. It ain't heavy, but it is heading your way.

As I've been saying all day- this 'event' has a long way yet to run. Nothing is set in stone.

Clearly faulty then. :D

Posted

PMSL wondered why they built it so tall. What does it take to deactivate this sheild ?

Posted

Although its pathetic snow i must admit we've had a continuous light snow shower here since about 6 o clock :/ the radar doesn't seem to back this up though but its still continuing?

Posted

He aint heavy hes my brotherrrrrr lmao.

I know lets try reverse psycology I DONT WANT IT TO SNOW I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad I WANT TO WORK!.

see if that works

Posted

Desperate need of a top up here.. not being selfish now I hope :)

Got that feeling I had last night, I can sense it's going to Snow :huh:

I also had a few words with the Swansea Snow Shield fairy, no need to worry about him any more :)

Posted

yeah, i agree.

Posted

I think the mountains in wales will help to pep up the snow coming in from the midlands! knocking right on the door now of pontypool/cwmbran etc

Posted

He aint heavy hes my brotherrrrrr lmao.

I know lets try reverse psycology I DONT WANT IT TO SNOW I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad I WANT TO WORK!.

see if that works

tried that they built a steelworks here to melt all that snow

looks like we are in wth a chance tonight [got lampost on standby]

Posted

Looks like it's over (for now?) here in Machynlleth. Precipitation seems to be just missing us and heading directly south towards west Radnorshire...

:drinks:

Posted

I think the mountains in wales will help to pep up the snow coming in from the midlands! knocking right on the door now of pontypool/cwmbran etc

Do you think this will drop south over Pencoed / Llanharan?