Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

J10

Posted

What would you all do if your council switched your street lamps off to save energy/money? :)

Very cold, snow freezing.

Good night ahead for many I think. (SE and Pembs)

Edited by shaunwales

Posted

Do you think this will drop south over Pencoed / Llanharan?

Yep - without a doubt! - swansea should see some too

I'll let you know once it gets here - your only another couple of miles down the road!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Cytuno â JackOne neu JackUn :lol:

Agree with Jackone or JackUn :)

Still light snow here :/ its weird

Posted

What would you all do if your council switched your street lamps off to save energy/money? :)

Very cold, snow freezing hard.

Id say OIIIIII! Council Gezzzerrr NOOOOOOOO! I pay my tax now switch on my light

Posted

The heaviest percipitation is heading from Isle of wight to Berkshire on the radar and it follows roughly the isobars that the low has formed. if the low sinks south too quickly then as the percipitation curves around towards us it misss us and hits Devon etc. now if it stalls then we have the chance of it pushing further west at our latitude so far its pretty stable. Now nae 12z had it moving south quicker than GFS thats why bbc say clearing by 9am tomorrow and GFS says snow till mid day ish.

So longer that low stays where it is the better and we do not want it moving eastwards at all. west is best in this case so if it moves westwards very happy days.

To put this into prospective this cold spell is now the eighties winter that was predicted on the climate change forum. I took some photos up the Brecon Bacons today. It is many years since i have seen the resoirvoirs totally frozen over. Here is the photos. post-5585-12627262572952_thumb.jpgpost-5585-12627262713152_thumb.jpgpost-5585-12627262851252_thumb.jpg

Posted

I think the mountains in wales will help to pep up the snow coming in from the midlands! knocking right on the door now of pontypool/cwmbran etc

Right on que!! Its snowing here now. Quite heavy too!!

Which radar are you using??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think the mountains in wales will help to pep up the snow coming in from the midlands! knocking right on the door now of pontypool/cwmbran etc

any chance we could get anything from them here?

Posted

It's fully pivoted back over us now.

I think we must be approaching a foot now, probably 11.5 inches.

Anyone that is around North Wales, avoid the horseshoe pass route, it is closed.

Posted

The heaviest percipitation is heading from Isle of wight to Berkshire on the radar and it follows roughly the isobars that the low has formed. if the low sinks south too quickly then as the percipitation curves around towards us it misss us and hits Devon etc. now if it stalls then we have the chance of it pushing further west at our latitude so far its pretty stable. Now nae 12z had it moving south quicker than GFS thats why bbc say clearing by 9am tomorrow and GFS says snow till mid day ish.

So longer that low stays where it is the better and we do not want it moving eastwards at all. west is best in this case so if it moves westwards very happy days.

To put this into prospective this cold spell is now the eighties winter that was predicted on the climate change forum. I took some photos up the Brecon Bacons today. It is many years since i have seen the resoirvoirs totally frozen over. Here is the photos. post-5585-12627262572952_thumb.jpgpost-5585-12627262713152_thumb.jpgpost-5585-12627262851252_thumb.jpg

Lluniau arbennig beth oedd enw'r argae?

Amazing photo's what was the name of the resevoir,

Llyn Bethel here has also froze solid with 3 inches of snow on top dangerous situation however because people who are unaware theres a lake there might run out onto it.

Posted

any chance we could get anything from them here?

yep - coming straight at ya! - should be within the next hour!

Posted

the NW radar is a sight to behold at the moment. a big lump of pink just steaming it's way toward us.

should be an interesting night.

Jay, it's knocking on your door mate.

lol, as you can see!!!

Edited by bennytes

Posted

Wow ive been promoted from Cirrus to Stratus.

For 2 inches of snow i will gladly be demoted back down to Cirrus.

Security guards have been placed at the base of the Meridian Quay to stop any sabotage attempts on the shield.

It is beleived a member of a weather terrorism internet site, which believes in heavy snow fall for all ,has been shot down whilst paragliding from the top of Tycoch hill in an attempt to land on and dismatle the snow shield.

Council officials warned that further attempts to disrupt the snow shield were possible throughout the night.

Posted

It's fully pivoted back over us now.

I think we must be approaching a foot now, probably 11.5 inches.

Anyone that is around North Wales, avoid the horseshoe pass route, it is closed.

Wrecsam is pretty much shut down.......buses stopped running just after rush hour..town centre is dead...been snowing for about five hours now and still snowing.

Posted

Worst pavement conditions ever popt down to pensioner to put bags out pavments sheet of glass.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

got the same as adamjones here weird light snow stuff cc_confused.gif

But looking good for carmarthenshire/pembrokshire border

Posted

Snowing here woohoo!

Nothing yet in Newport yet. Cardiff and Cwmbran had some, but none in the middle so far? aggressive.gif

Posted

Nothing yet in Newport yet. Cardiff and Cwmbran had some, but none in the middle so far? aggressive.gif

knocking on your door!