Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 3

Posted

Francis Wilson on Sky says East and West Sussex and Kent will get the worst of it. Any comments?

Agreed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

does anyone know if and when its gona hit luton?? really hope it does....... any thoughts pls let me knw

Posted

And these weren't my forecasts/opinion - I was just going by the BBC anyway. To be honest, I don't have enough weather knowledge to form forecasts.:rofl:

Well at least you are honest I suppose, we can't all be Michael Fish can we lol :) :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

have to agre with what some guys are saying the forecasts on the the tv especially the bbc do seem vague and not very specific also changing all the time!! I've stopped looking out for them now and mainley rely on the guys with good knowlege on the weather on this site! They have been pretty good so far and predicted most of what has come our way long before the bbc have dared to say!!!

keep up the good work guys....from what i gather its very hard to predict exactly where and how much snow will fall..... but at least we're having a better winter winter than we have had for a long time!!!!

meltz!!

Posted

Well at least you are honest I suppose, we can't all be Michael Fish can we lol :rofl::)

Exactly:lol:

Whatever happens in the coming days in my area (forecasters now think we will all see some, it seems), I'm just happy that the outlook now looks cold.:)

Posted

Francis Wilson on Sky says East and West Sussex and Kent will get the worst of it. Any comments?

I totally and honestly disagree with the forecast no 1 will get any snow it's turning to rain now and I have enough experience behind me to know that just wait and see. :):rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

How much snow did you get Tuesday/Wednesday?

Saint, we got 4 inches here which was a pleasant surprise as we seemed to be too far east of the area forecast for the good stuff.

Best we've had in recent memory was 7 inches back in Feb last year. That wasn't forecast at all. It was from a Thames Streamer and we got hit from Sunday evening through to lunchtime sunday. What was forecast was that we would see 6 inches of snow from a band moving north from about lunchtime monday. it didn't happen!

What we might get tomorrow does not seem it's going to be coming from the front that the BBC first had coming up to us, but from showers running in off the sea if they reach as far as us. In that respect TEITS called it a long was before the BBC. i hope that we get bundles but i don't think either of us is in the best position to benefit from these....what we really needed was that front to come up as far as they originally said it would.

But here's hoping anyway :)

Posted

I think the BBC are showing both the poor forcast and the good forcast, at least that way they will be right, lol. :)

Edited by coffee23

Posted

I wouldn't worry about their "patches". All evening the BBC have been saying bad for Essex (no mention of Suffolk or Norfolk), but the solid blocks of white on their map are NOT on Essex and ARE on Suffolk and Norfolk! I think it is called "hedging their bets"!

Incidentally, I was born in Homewood Road, St. Albans.

Nice to have someone born in St. Albans!

Saint, we got 4 inches here which was a pleasant surprise as we seemed to be too far east of the area forecast for the good stuff.

Best we've had in recent memory was 7 inches back in Feb last year. That wasn't forecast at all. It was from a Thames Streamer and we got hit from Sunday evening through to lunchtime sunday. What was forecast was that we would see 6 inches of snow from a band moving north from about lunchtime monday. it didn't happen!

What we might get tomorrow does not seem it's going to be coming from the front that the BBC first had coming up to us, but from showers running in off the sea if they reach as far as us. In that respect TEITS called it a long was before the BBC. i hope that we get bundles but i don't think either of us is in the best position to benefit from these....what we really needed was that front to come up as far as they originally said it would.

But here's hoping anyway :drinks:

We got 6 inches as we were affected by the Essex streamer, we got around the same or slighlty more because of the thames steamer back last Feb.

But there is a large band of PPN heading from the north sea towards our region, it's this and the band further south which could affect Herts!(Or this was what was being forecasted)

Edited by saint

Posted

We got 6 inches as we were affected by the Essex streamer, we got around the same or slighlty more because of the thames steamer back last Feb.

But there is a large band of PPN heading from the north sea towards our region, it's this and the band further south which could affect Herts!(Or this was what was being forecasted)

Yes Saint I remember your reply to my post from during the week you got about 45 mins more from that Essex streamer measured 5 inch here. OK think Herts. will be in for more of the heavy Snow for a while and then persistent powdery stuff falling AND BLOWING AROUND CAUSING DRIFTING for many hours that's what I'm forecasting as from now and I will not change again unless I watch the BBC. :(

Posted

Yes Saint I remember your reply to my post from during the week you got about 45 mins more from that Essex streamer measured 5 inch here. OK think Herts. will be in for more of the heavy Snow for a while and then persistent powdery stuff falling AND BLOWING AROUND CAUSING DRIFTING for many hours that's what I'm forecasting as from now and I will not change again unless I watch the BBC. :(

Sounds good........ But we shall wait and see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Do you remember that after the Thames Streamer we were supposed to get hit with anothr 6 inches? I walked up to the pub on that monday evening and even with all that snow on the ground was disappointed with the sleety stuff that was falling and the drip drip drip i could hear!!!

I think the Three Counties has been officially recognised by BBC Weather now...I'm sure that was us marked out as the area pretty much devoid of snow tonight! Looks like our chances increase from midday tomorrow....

Posted

Do you remember that after the Thames Streamer we were supposed to get hit with anothr 6 inches? I walked up to the pub on that monday evening and even with all that snow on the ground was disappointed with the sleety stuff that was falling and the drip drip drip i could hear!!!

I think the Three Counties has been officially recognised by BBC Weather now...I'm sure that was us marked out as the area pretty much devoid of snow tonight! Looks like our chances increase from midday tomorrow....

Yeah I remember, But I don't remember it being sleety!:(

I just saw the BBC forecast and it was funny but I don't think that would truly happen and we all know not to trust the BBC forecasts/graphics! :)

Posted

I notice my outside temperature has gone up inthe past hour to just under freezing and I have seen a report from Swaffham, Norfolk of rain and a thaw taking place.

Anyone in that direction can confirm this and just wondered what everyones air temperatures are at the moment

-0.6 here now, up from -1.4 about 3 hours ago.

Posted

Well Im off for a few hours going to get some sleep its going to be a long night radar watching and now casting, I expect the Snow to reach Herts. in the early hours around 2- 3 am not on Sunday afternoon, however I expect the Snow still to be with us on Sunday afternoon. C U all later.:drinks:

Posted

Well Im off for a few hours going to get some sleep its going to be a long night radar watching and now casting, I expect the Snow to reach Herts. in the early hours around 2- 3 am not on Sunday afternoon, however I expect the Snow still to be with us on Sunday afternoon. C U all later.:drinks:

Past Sunday afternoon, hopefully!:cold: Night, see you later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

MetO Sunday:

Most of the region will be cloudy, with perhaps just a few bright intervals, and with some occasional sleet or snow giving further accumulations in most areas, especially the east. Maximum temperature 1 °C.

So that doesn't sound like worth getting out of bed for. And those warmer upper 850s are certainly making their move slightly s/w from over N Holland/Scandi. How will that affect the convective potential in the N Sea if, as TEITS says, this will be our source of snow, or will the cold E'ly wind be enough?

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Temp here reading 1c and going by xcweather.co.uk the dewpoint around me are ranging from 1c to -3c.

Also noted that the lying snow is no longer powder is more heavy (if that makes sence), better for a snowman IMHO, also the bits of ice on the bin are starting to melt (very slowly though).

Edited by coffee23

Posted

-0.6 here now, up from -1.4 about 3 hours ago.

Hi, -1.8 here, Oregan remote about 2m high, on a pole, about 5m from the house, best true reading I can get.

But yep, its getting a little warmer.