Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

temp now 0.9c after a max of 1.3c and slow thaw, partly cloudy skies with moderate breeze from ne.

The good thing is that the dp's have remained static all day, and temperatures are now lowering quite nicely..hopefully we'll see some snow this evening

post-8049-12631373253742_thumb.png

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

met o satalite image looks like a little thicker cloud to the east but not much.....I take it theres little chance of intensification....

looks like temps will be just about ok for most but ppn amnounts seem to be the problem now??

Posted

temp now 0.9c after a max of 1.3c and slow thaw, partly cloudy skies with moderate breeze from ne.

I love it, the thaw sets in by surprise to everyone and the whole, 'its been a lovely winter, looking forward to summer folk come out', Winter is far from over. The mild air was a suprise and i dont think many saw it coming, but its here and their is not much snow around, but lets not shoot the weather out just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

The good thing is that the dp's have remained static all day, and temperatures are now lowering quite nicely..hopefully we'll see some snow this evening

Aaah - Blackpool DP now -1c from -2c acc to nw radar. Don't need this right now :shok:

Posted

met o satalite image looks like a little thicker cloud to the east but not much.....I take it theres little chance of intensification....

looks like temps will be just about ok for most but ppn amnounts seem to be the problem now??

I think this has always been an event for the south of the region, while anywhere north of the region will be lucky to catch any snow at all. The NAE have been bang on with the south manchester at this time period.

Aaah - Blackpool DP now -1c from -2c acc to nw radar. Don't need this right now :shok:

Blackpool Airport report DP as -2C, best to use it only for precip rather than anything else.

Manchester Airport are going for snow

EGCC 101106Z 1012/1118 07015G25KT 9999 SCT030 TEMPO 1013/1118 6000 -SHRASN BKN014 PROB30 TEMPO 1014/1115 2000 SHSN BR BKN007 BECMG 1103/1106 10008KT

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

still a few places reporting temps at 3/4c they need to fall, DP's mainly at or below 0c.

my temp 0.7c DP -2c

Posted

still a few places reporting temps at 3/4c they need to fall, DP's mainly at or below 0c.

my temp 0.7c DP -2c

Pretty much all the stations reporting 3/4C are on low ground id have to say.

Posted

West Allerton +2.7C, Garston +2.3C, yet I'm showing +1.8C . I am East of these wunds but only 3 miles away max.

I suspect the met office will pull all warnings down as milder air digs in, decreasing the potential for snow. I'm still in shock getting milder air from the east, but we learn something new every day.

Posted

some posters in 3 counties thread talking about a blob just off holland now which may pick up intensity over the north see...metox radar shows it fairly clearly....anyone care to comment?

Edited by chris78

Posted

Just had a few snow flurries here. Looks like this event with the down scale is going to be a anti-climax.

Posted

West Allerton +2.7C, Garston +2.3C, yet I'm showing +1.8C . I am East of these wunds but only 3 miles away max.

There is a lot more cloud to the east of the region.

Current Temp 0.9C

DP -2.6C

The precip is gradually heading towards the liverpool / mersey region

post-8049-12631387747542_thumb.png

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

some posters in 3 counties thread talking about a blob just off holland now which may pick up intensity over the north see...metox radar shows it fairly clearly....anyone care to comment?

Doesnt look much to me. In an hour we will know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

There is a lot more cloud to the east of the region.

Current Temp 0.9C

DP -2.6C

The precip is gradually heading towards the liverpool / mersey region

Hoping that comes my way if the wind veers more s/e'ly...

Posted

Amsterdam 0C light snow, tbh I cant see much intensification of this over the north sea..unless there is more behind it, it will fizzle out before it even gets to the pennines.

Posted

Yes, I think that's correct. The 12z gfs is predicting the precipitation to be a bit more organised from this evening to the early hours so some snow is possible.

My fear is that the temperature will not fall much due to the cloud cover, so there may be some slow thaw even with snow falling.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

+1.8c falling very slowly. It's encouraging that the dewpoints are still at -2c and the low ground temps will help any snow to stick.

Winds are now E/SE according to my WS - This is good, it will defo help to lower these balmy temps!!

Posted

Back in the "snow zone" according to my weather station :lol: temp has dropped back to 2c and for the first time since about 10am its showing snow instead of rain (it changes when it gets to 2c btw)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Back in the "snow zone" according to my weather station :lol: temp has dropped back to 2c and for the first time since about 10am its showing snow instead of rain (it changes when it gets to 2c btw)

Same here!!

Posted

Just back from a brief errand. Although it's much milder today, the wind is still taking the edge of the 'feels like' temperature. Glad to be back in the house lol

Temps seem to be going down a little, but the trouble is precipitation is so light at the moment that it feels like sleety drizzle more than anything. If we could get something heavier I could fully be led to believe it would definately be snow.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy

congleton 2.2c at the mo been around 2.6 most of the day.wheres my snow?