Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I kind of re entered this after so long of no storms since June 6th but im leaving for certain now. Just had our second strom which went overhead. :D

go on then....disappear off then!..........I'm not bitter..... :wallbash::D ....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

go on then....disappear off then!..........I'm not bitter..... :wallbash::D ....lol

Lol. You have been very unlucky aj. Despite our second storm here this year its been a terrible year for storms this year. The thunderstorm that will always stick out to me for some time is the 28th July 2008. Hours of thunder, lightning and torrential rain. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well i was hoping for a storm today, but the shield went into effect and as them came closer they split to go either side of me by the look of the radar! so a nice big gap where i am, so still a member of the club!! Don't think i will be leaving any time soon either!!! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Nowt for me again and it all looked so promising! :whistling: Gutted I am again:cray: Glad to hear you got a storm Blizzards:) Is it true we may get storms next week? I'm sure I heard someone mention it. :cray:

Posted

Hi i guess it was only near shave so i guess i am still a member :cc_confused: . Today been real exciting-Tea time i was loading the van for tomorrow when i heard a rumble of thunder and WOW that sky looks good - so the van door gets slammed shut races in upstairs to watch the impeding storm - but alas its not too be:unknw: looked so good too:pardon:

Anway i'll be your Tea boy:lol: mind you i prefer coffee:doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Ah well yet another storm risk day passes with out said storm occuring, looking very much like this year could beat last years tally - still on zero but there only has to be one weak storm to equal last year :cc_confused:

Posted

I should now be in a theoretical sense be out of this thread. 2nd storm of Summer observed early this afternoon. :cold:

But I promised Jane Louise earlier this year that I'll stay put to keep the NSC alive and well, and true to my word, I shall honour that. Although all being well stormwise over the UK, this thread wouldn't exist at all.

I guess we both wish that this thread never came to be, but lucky hit and miss where storms are concerned. Some win, some lose.

Phil.

Posted

I should now be in a theoretical sense be out of this thread. 2nd storm of Summer observed early this afternoon. :yahoo:

But I promised Jane Louise earlier this year that I'll stay put to keep the NSC alive and well, and true to my word, I shall honour that. Although all being well stormwise over the UK, this thread wouldn't exist at all.

I guess we both wish that this thread never came to be, but lucky hit and miss where storms are concerned. Some win, some lose.

Phil.

Oooh Phil, well done on seeing a storm :D Yes, please stay here and help me. I'm hoping it's my turn tomorrow for a storm, but I'm always thinking that everytime a storm is forecast lol :D

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted

That torrential downpour that drenched out the Big Brother house some two days ago, developed in... Of all places, Solihull. Usually move north and develop into big Cbs and not move south east and monsoon rain with no thunder?? :D

Now I hate Big Brother with a passion (As most who know me will know!).. But I'd have like'd to have seen the current rats drown. shok.gif:yahoo: What a fitting end that would be! :)

Big Brother.... Just one question... Viewers back, documentaries back, or admit that BB is cack... Deal or no Deal?

Phil. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Today i heard my first 2 very very fait rumbles in the distance, that was IT!! not very happy, was hoping today i might of got something but it just rained. Im not sure if this year will deliver, as in the 11 years i've lived here, i have not know (or can't remember) any storms after september, time is running out and it looks like this could very well be our first "year without a storm!!" :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Have been away in Wales but here managed Thunder yesterday. :whistling:

Posted
:D Thought I heard thunder just now, ran out into the garden really excited and guess what!!! it was someones damn fireworks.:good:

Posted

Geez, your really not in luck Jane. :good: Next week holds thundery potential on a few days again. :D

Posted

Geez, your really not in luck Jane. :good: Next week holds thundery potential on a few days again. :)

I know Blizzards, it just isen't fair :D I look forward to next week :)Bet I don't get one though! lol

Posted

And I thought the last three years were poor for thunderstorm frequency and severity... I suppose the only good we can take from this is that next year can not possibly be as bad for storms as this year.... can it? :bad:

There's always Autumn of this year yet. lol (Gotta be optimistic I have:D ) Let's hope if Autumn dosen't provide we can at least hope next year will be the best storm years for a decade lol:D

The shield will never be broken :p

:pIt will, it will! it has too... give me back my storms pleasseee lol

Today i heard my first 2 very very fait rumbles in the distance, that was IT!! not very happy, was hoping today i might of got something but it just rained. Im not sure if this year will deliver, as in the 11 years i've lived here, i have not know (or can't remember) any storms after september, time is running out and it looks like this could very well be our first "year without a storm!!" :(

Don't give up yet, we still have Autumn and who knows you may still get a storm after September! If not there's always thundersnow in the winter:lol:

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted

Im finaly out of here :bad: had a storm today a decent 1 aswel with torriential rain frequent thunder and lightning :p hope you all see a storm soon.

Posted

I still have nowt =[ I thought it might have thundered yesterday the weather was so humid and disgusting but nothing

Hugs (((((( ))))) awww sammie , Sadly I can't say when you are ever going to get a storm.It's been so so long for you. Keep hoping that's all you can do. :bad: really.

Posted

Im finaly out of here :( had a storm today a decent 1 aswel with torriential rain frequent thunder and lightning :) hope you all see a storm soon.

Off you go then lol Hopefully you will not return next year lol :winky:Glad you got something. I'm sure we will all see a storm by winter 2015 lol :p:bad:

Posted

Well, summer's coming to a close soon and I believe this has been one of very few years so far, if not the very first year where I haven't had a proper thunderstorm occur overhead or very close to this region. Just highlights how poor this year has been for storms, for the West Midlands at least, although many other regions of the country have also experienced a rather quiet summer. Jun 6 did see a very weak, short-lived storm move north a few miles to my WSW during the early hours, but having only seen a few flashes and heard a few rumbles, not sure if I would even class it as a storm. Was also a weak storm a couple of weeks or so ago which moved over or just south of the city, but again only produced a few flashes of lightning.

2007/08/09 were also poor years for storms for this region, but each of those years had at least one decent thunderstorm go overhead, those having occured on May 31, Aug 12 and Apr 15, respectively.

One thing's for sure though, it is highly unlikely that 2011 will be as poor for thunderstorms as this year has been - unless I don't manage to see any lightning or hear any thunder, but the chances of that are remote.

Hopefully we may get a storm in the Autumn, but I'm not banking on it! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Well, summer's coming to a close soon and I believe this has been one of very few years so far, if not the very first year where I haven't had a proper thunderstorm occur overhead or very close to this region. Just highlights how poor this year has been for storms, for the West Midlands at least, although many other regions of the country have also experienced a rather quiet summer. Jun 6 did see a very weak, short-lived storm move north a few miles to my WSW during the early hours, but having only seen a few flashes and heard a few rumbles, not sure if I would even class it as a storm. Was also a weak storm a couple of weeks or so ago which moved over or just south of the city, but again only produced a few flashes of lightning.

The University of East Anglia area has had 5 thunder-days so far this year, which may be more than many other places, but falls well short of 2008's 16 days and 2009's 13 days, so it appears that this area has had an anomalously quiet year as well.

Up in Tyneside I don't think it has been far below average, but then again you don't normally get many storms there!

Posted

For my location has been just 1 day with a few distant rumbles to the west, that's it, and I thought last year was bad at just 5 days which were all distant except one day when I was in an exam. :nonono:

Surely next year can't be any worse? (mind you I thought that last year :lol:)

Edited by StormMad26