Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'm not sure exactly what constitutes being in here. I've had two days this year with thunder heard but not an actual thunderstorm overhead. On the 22nd, there were seven or eight rumbles but all from a storm about 2 miles away and the rain that followed was from the storm backbuilding.

So I'm in limbo. Still need an overhead one to finally leave. No sign of that in the immediate future I don't think.

Posted

We'll let you off on that one, Michael.

Membership is free for all, and see you next year, God wiling! ;)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

We'll let you off on that one, Michael.

Membership is free for all, and see you next year, God wiling! :cray:

Phil.

Hehe thanks. Hopefully when autumn becomes a bit more active there may be some more widespread convective days. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

reply to-Blue_Zephyr (my normal reply wont happen on this mobile! Sometimes does)

Yeah i got brushed by that storm, was deep rumbles 8or9 and torrential rain, waz really excited!

had been over a year, so am happy that got something more than a rumble.

im at weybridge blu zephyr as you asked.

while im here, monday looks like a convective day for the uk and some might get outta here.

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

EW its been so horrid here the last two days I thought itwould have thundered with how humid it is, got attacked by flying ants for the last two days!

I've just stopped coming on Netweather now otherwise I get really down about the lack of storms. I'm gonna give up and just stop being involved in the weather now. *batters head off wall*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Dont give up! im finding its hard to cope with the summer without storms, i love warm or hot weather and sunny or cloudy warm , could be a warm thundery auturmn for some, most likely south uk ,im expecting some southernly tracking lows during sept and oct, depends on how the hurricane season gets going and if x-storms head mid atlantic our way altho low may develop anyway.

Posted

Dont give up! im finding its hard to cope with the summer without storms, i love warm or hot weather and sunny or cloudy warm , could be a warm thundery auturmn for some, most likely south uk ,im expecting some southernly tracking lows during sept and oct, depends on how the hurricane season gets going and if x-storms head mid atlantic our way altho low may develop anyway.

LOL its not just one summer I havent' had a storm for over four years now

Posted

4 years! couldnt be doing with that long let alone a year, maybe your get an auturmn thunderstm, its only august tho!

Posted

Hello.

Sorry for not being around much. (Iam like a storm in the UK - rarely seen)

In my absence i give another glimmer of hope to us still in the no storms club!

Tomorrows charts, in easy to see format:

12z

post-3585-012482600 1281723848_thumb.gif

18z

post-3585-026229100 1281723883_thumb.gif

Pretty quiet thereafter but going deeper into insanity the model runs, fantasy island gives us hope, again.

19th August 18z

post-3585-007899500 1281724112_thumb.gif

20th August 18z

post-3585-056498700 1281724137_thumb.gif

From the 20th Aug. onwards i will be on a little island just west of Africa for 12 days, at least it will be warm there!

Good Luck :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

*cough* Wheres my tea ??? I'm joinning again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

my 'no storm club' subscription is coming up for its yearly renewal very soon....lets hope I have good reason to cancel my membership tomorrow before Phil & Jane pinch my money for another year's subscription!...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Thanks for the charts Leekay It certainly is looking good for tomorrow but I'm sure once again the storms will miss me though.:cold: Usually I'm really excited about a storm the following day ,but not today lol :):) I've learnt me lesson now. Have a nice time in Africa by the way:)

Phil, Phil where are youu? Get the bicuits dearie, VL needs a biscuit lol.:(

Well now, I'm hoping that none of us is in here tomorrow , I know I will be lol

Aj, we may not need to renew your membership (hopefully) but I guess we will probably see u , me and Phil and the regulars back in here tomorrow night grrrrr.

Good Luck anyway all, :) and an extra special Good luck to me too. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If tomorrow doesnt deliver then i seriously dont know what will. Conditions are very ideal for tomorrow. Bet it will mess up because its a chance for the West. :cold:

Posted

If tomorrow doesnt deliver then i seriously dont know what will. Conditions are very ideal for tomorrow. Bet it will mess up because its a chance for the West. :(

:)Good Luck Blizzards :cold:

Ere me dear, have a biscuit lol I think you may be right about it all messing up before it hits the west:nonono: I think it usually starts in Cheltenham lol. Surely it's our turn now, I rather think that parts of North and East have had their fair share now , don't you ?lol.:) It's Our turn now!! Yes, it's our turn now... must be positive. I've tried reverse psychology and even that doesn't work anymore grrrrr :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

:)Good Luck Blizzards :cold:

Ere me dear, have a biscuit lol I think you may be right about it all messing up before it hits the west:nonono: I think it usually starts in Cheltenham lol. Surely it's our turn now, I rather think that parts of North and East have had their fair share now , don't you ?lol.:( It's Our turn now!! Yes, it's our turn now... must be positive. I've tried reverse psychology and even that doesn't work anymore grrrrr :)

The East always has everything. They are very lucky. I will give up if tomorrow fails. Tbh i bet it will!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

*borrows a tissue*

(Sobs) If only I was a stronger storm sheild slayer, none of this would have ever happened. (Sobs again)...

So what I have done is spray all the storm sheilds in the surrounding regions with a coating of ConvectionPlus, which takes about 12 to 15 hours to decay a whole storm sheild, partly explaining the higher storm potential tommorrow.

If this doesn't work, I think I'm going to have to retire from being a storm shield slayer. :cold:

Posted

*borrows a tissue*

(Sobs) If only I was a stronger storm sheild slayer, none of this would have ever happened. (Sobs again)...

So what I have done is spray all the storm sheilds in the surrounding regions with a coating of ConvectionPlus, which takes about 12 to 15 hours to decay a whole storm sheild, partly explaining the higher storm potential tommorrow.

If this doesn't work, I think I'm going to have to retire from being a storm shield slayer. :(

You can do it, I know you can RS lol :good: I hope you've got it right this time mister :girl_devil:lol or you shall be the one handing out the tissues to everyone lol.

Anyway, somethings got to happen tomorrow for us all. Let's hope it stays to the West and that it dosen't get downgraded by the morning!:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I really hope the west do get our chance tomorrow, im still waitin for a storm :good: shouldn't have to wait this long!! fingers crossed tomorrow will be the day for us in the west :yahoo:

Posted

Another day goes by without storms,but at least there was plenty of heavy downpours in my area for a change today :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Well we might have only had rain here today but it's the third night in a row of clear skies. Just been outside (3rd night running) and been treated to lovely shooting stars again. :yahoo:

Posted

GFS brings some of the best instability right across us tomorrow. Please weather gods, we really deserve this now!

Posted

Good luck again all, have just seen the Netweather convective forecast and it looks promising:D Just waiting for ESTOFEX and UKASF for their forecasts :(

Sadly no clear skies here tonight for the Perseids :good:

Check out these charts for Saturday :yahoo:

http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/cape_frame.htm

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

You can do it, I know you can RS lol :good: I hope you've got it right this time mister :girl_devil:lol or you shall be the one handing out the tissues to everyone lol.

Anyway, somethings got to happen tomorrow for us all. Let's hope it stays to the West and that it dosen't get downgraded by the morning!:yahoo:

To be on the safe side, I put an extra 1,200 litres of ConvectivePlus solution on peoples' storm sheilds, and an additional 300 litres on those storm sheilds out to the West. Hope you guys didn't mind.

But don't worry, I will not fail you this time, but should the storms fail to form (despite some good CAPE levels and SSDP: Storm Sheild Disappearance Potential) then feel free to send a killer snowstorm after me. :(

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Three months, thirteen days and the counting continues...

Rainbow Snow. I see you are trying your best, but it just doesn't seem to be working. On Thursday 12th August, now this looked promising with TCu and well developed Cbs to our north and north east. (See image below!)

post-8209-009302800 1281782891_thumb.jpg

But apart from a five minute torrential downpour at 4:45pm, that was it.

CAPE, SSDP? Doesn't work here, or in Cheltenham. (Good morning Jane!) :unsure:

May work though and one day we'll have Solihull Hit In Thunderstorm. (And don't ask me to abbrieviate that or else I risk being banned from this site forever!) :lazy:

Phil.

Posted

I kind of re entered this after so long of no storms since June 6th but im leaving for certain now. Just had our second storm which went overhead. :D

For a brief time i thought i might see a funnel cloud as there was low scud and gusting winds. :wallbash:

Edited by Blizzards