Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

There's talk of a Thundery low maybe next week! but It'll probably change by then!:(

Yes , an awful Summer for storms.. hopefully Autumn may provide! ( I really hope so anyway):cray:

Posted

Thanks to the good storm on 14th July this year I got out of the No Storms Club however as a whole the year has shown a pathetic lack of convective activity, with only four days of any thunder heard at all so far. In three cases it was just one rumble, two rumbles and a few rumbles. Only that one date was there a good overhead storm. But some haven't even had that. I think the UK weather is entering a cooler, calmer more stable period of weather phase by the look of it.

Posted

One day in July where a weak storm rumbled about 6-7 miles to the east of my location for about 20 minutes.....and that was it for the whole summer storm wise. I cannot believe that Summer 2010 could have turned out to be so pathetically uneventful. Next spring/summer can only be an improvement....it certainly could not get any worse.

Posted

Have seen 1 very weak storm all year here. (Spent 3 days in Budapest 2 weeks ago and saw 3 absolutely amazing thunderstorms so I think I need to move there soon!!!)

Posted

Now the transition into Autumn more or less. I admit it has been something of a disappointment where storms are concerned. Maybe September can provide something but I'd expect it to be south or more south east based.

The thundery LP expected next week, well, here's hoping or else myself and Jane Louise will see you in Spring 2011. :good:

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Have been dreaming of thunderstorms these last few nights, including last night. Last night's dream was a pretty good one - was a lot of frequent CG lightning and crashing thunder overhead, while now and then I was checking radar and strike detector; it felt so real... so does this mean I'm out of the this club? :)

Also had a few dreams of funnel clouds a few weeks ago... I was like, "I can't believe what I'm seeing, is this actually real?". Waking up answered that question.

Unfortunately not, what is does mean though is that you need serious psychiatric help for your obsessional storm disorder...lol.......btw, cracking thunderstorm last night, just a shame you slept through it.... :drinks:

Posted

Unfortunately not, what is does mean though is that you need serious psychiatric help for your obsessional storm disorder...lol.......btw, cracking thunderstorm last night, just a shame you slept through it.... :drinks:

This is the 'No Storms Club' and not the 'Dream of a Storm Club'. (But I see your way of thinking! ;) I've had two storm dreams myself since May).:)NURRSE!!

Imagination can be a powerful tool. (Or a couple of cheese sandwiches before bed!) :bomb:

Good luck and see you all back here next year. :D

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Right, that's it... I am out of this club. :) A beautiful hailstorm (hail close to marble size) a short while ago accompanied by a short period of fairly strong wind gusts. I did say a few days ago that the hail would be the more notable feature of any storms, and in the case of this storm, it certainly was! Lightning was rather infrequent, but still had a fair few flashes close by and overhead.

Really pleased you had a storm weather09:)

Nothing here for me again:( I keep looking out the window now just hoping and hoping one may pop up out of the blue lol. Nothing showing on radar around me .But I still always carry that little bit of hope with me.:)

Posted

I'm still here I'm afraid.

Despite what looked to be a very promising scenario on Tuesday, all Solihull received was a torrential downpour at around 7:15pm and lasted for just over half an hour.

I'm beginning to wonder if Solihull has been secretly twinned with Cheltenham recently? :cc_confused:

Phil.

Posted

I think I'm out! :rolleyes: (well half out) We had a thunderstorm here in the afternoon on Wednesday, (Although I missed quite a bit of it due to being stuck in a windowless sports centre for 40 minutes! :lol:, hence the half out) I heard some rumbles going on to the west/NW before I had to go in there, heard about 4 rumbles loud enough to hear while in there, then saw a couple flashes and 3 loud rumbles when I finally got out to heavy/torrential rain. I think I missed the heaviest rain and the rain a few miles away at home had been absolutely torrential!

Edited by StormMad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Me too!....I'm finally outta here, short, but nice thunderstorm on tuesday afternoon! :rolleyes:

Posted

Evening all,

Iam still firmly in the club! Due to work i ended up driving 'away' from the storms on Tuesday!!

Becoming desperate now so iam watching this live video stream of a storm in Palermo, Sicily, plenty of lightning!!

A few ads will come up at start of the feed but its fine after that and is a big link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/Windsurf-World-Festival-On-The-Beach#utm_campaigne=synclickback&source=http://www.albaria.com/mondellowebcam.htm&medium=193502

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

im all stormed out..had in excess of 40 storms this summer..mind you had none in spetember so far

Posted

StormMad26 and AJPoolShark... You are free to go.

I could have, of course said it in the Alan Sugar way... "You're fired!" But I'm too polite to put it like that. :)

I'd like to fire myself from here (not literally, the price of petrol these days!) But as said, I'm helping with Jane Louise with the NSC, and will continue to do so unless Paul bans me.:)

But I think that the inland storm potential now is coming to a close, almost mid September. Best chances of storms at this time of year are generally near coastal regions. Just ask those in Wales and Kent/Sussex. (Or unless an Ana cold front just happens to pass by, (embedded storms) or Kata, you can see storms on the horizon when the back edge is passing through... (Depending on CAPE!) I witnessed this in July 1982 and Christmas Day 1990.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I'm still here I'm afraid.

Despite what looked to be a very promising scenario on Tuesday, all Solihull received was a torrential downpour at around 7:15pm and lasted for just over half an hour.

I'm beginning to wonder if Solihull has been secretly twinned with Cheltenham recently? :cc_confused:

Phil.

(lol) We may have to settle with the May Thunderstorm we had, (which I must admit was quite a decent storm considering the rest of Spring and Summer was left thunder-free) unless something pops up in the future. Though the models, and also from what people have said about the outlook in the Model Output Discussion that we should be in for a showery week with Low pressure setting itself up to the North-West and eventually sliding to the North-East - so maybe a possible chance of thunder from showers that develop, though I suppose I should be lucky really to even to have had some thundery weather at all this year. :)

Right, that's it... I am out of this club. :lol: A beautiful hailstorm (hail close to marble size) a short while ago accompanied by a short period of fairly strong wind gusts. I did say a few days ago that the hail would be the more notable feature of any storms, and in the case of this storm, it certainly was! Lightning was rather infrequent, but still had a fair few flashes close by and overhead.

I noticed with that storm I didn't even have to break your storm sheild. I saw it break within seconds as the dark clouds moved in. Does seem like a great storm you had, especially hail the size of marbles, plus the lightning, but do you think it would be possible to send that storm over to Solihull next time. Cheers. :D

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Well done cookie:D

Sadly, I'm still here:(

...Still in the chains of the No More Storms club...Ha, ha, haa! and there's no escape. I will never slay your storm sheild. Never, you hear me!...:whistling:

Posted

I'm still here.

Think it's all over now until next year unless we have some... (Sorry Ian for blatantly stealing your moniker! :yahoo:)

Thundery Wintry Showers. :oops:

Only two recorded between May and August 2010. Nothing too spectacular. If anything... Nothing like the storms we used to have in the early 1980's which lasted for hours rather than minutes.

A very late plume maybe as we are now officially into the Autumn Equinox? Can't see it myself. (Officially, Autumn Equinox was this morning - 23/9/2010 at 04:08am! A bit of useless information for you! :rofl: )

So otherwise, join myself and Jane next Spring and Summer 2011 when we'll have lots to discuss about no storms.

Phil. (What was that Jane? Ok, I'll go make us a cup of tea, sit back and watch TV as we will be on temporary redundancy. Hey!! Idea!! How about you and me have a "No snow" thread? For Winter of course?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Storm repellant is still in good working order here and no sign of any break through anytime soon......given the 1 storm in the last 2 years we are going to have one hell of a year soon to get us back to the averages mark :D