Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

What have we done to deserve this, Guildford got electromagnetic storm repelling properties or something? :D

Wokingham gets thunderstorm with 1 cm hail this afternoon. Guildford remains dry and sunny with scattered cumulus apart from the Cb / Cu to north which lasted much of the evening. All we get is another horrid humid sticky evening - probably from moisture advected accross from everyone else's downpours - accompanied by headache, nausea and fatigue.

occasionally feeling groggy when actually getting a storm may be worthwhile but having to suffer while someone else gets the fun is a real kick in the teeth.

Well, just tomorrow morning's potential now then if that fails..... another indeterminable tedious wait of boring summer dross and S.W.ly garbage no doubt. Let's hope we get something before I go on holiday after mid-August. With the unpleasant nature and negative s**ds law aspect of this horrid year, something will probably kick off during the four days I am away from Guildford, only to return to more crappite again.

Sorry about ott griping but I am truly sick to death of this summer and missing out all the time. The 'NSC' is designed to let off steam is it not? :drinks:

Maybe one day I can have something constructive, scientific and interesting to discuss and feel sorry for others who miss out for a change. I feel that this is highly unlikely in 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Okay, I can explain. You see, I tried as hard as a diamond to crush some of your thunderstorm barriers today, b..bu....bb-b.........but some of these were just t-too strong - in fact, there was one, in particular, which was so robust that as soon as I touched it, it rebounded me one mile away over a group of feilds. Boy, it was a good thing I happened to wear my helmet; slaying storms shields can be dangerous. Very dangerous. But what's worse was that I praticed all night to make sure I improved my storm shield elimination abilities, but still going to need alot more pratice.

I promise you eventually that the time of no storms will be history and storm shields will never see daylight. Again!

Nevertheless, if you have any tips, or feel I should be doing more, feel free to send me a complaint/suggestion, to ensure I am meeting your storm needs and deliver a high-quality service.

Thank you for your time. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Just came to say BYE got a cell with thunder and strikes yesterday so BYE ha ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Just came to say BYE got a cell with thunder and strikes yesterday so BYE ha ha ha

All the best for the rest of the Summer Liam, :) Glad you got something! Let's hope you won't be in the NSC next year. No storms for a while now grrrrr :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well i truly thought i was going to get something yesterday, but suprise suprise, just a bit of rain in the evening!! This is turning out to be a pathetic year storm wise! I really hope its not like this next year!!

Posted

Well i truly thought i was going to get something yesterday, but suprise suprise, just a bit of rain in the evening!! This is turning out to be a pathetic year storm wise! I really hope its not like this next year!!

Sadly,I know how you feel Deepsnow !:(

All the conditions were right yesterday on the radar the storms were so close and what did I get !!!!! a couple rumbles of thunder spaced out about 20 minutes apart and about 20 miles away arrrghhh!

Oh well, I thought, maybe a nice shower of rain would be nice if I aint going to see a storm and what happened!!!!! tiny bits of drizzle for about a minute and that was it. lol

Just can't believe it. I'm looking to August/September time now. Autumn can produce some good storms. :)

Sorry about ott griping but I am truly sick to death of this summer and missing out all the time. The 'NSC' is designed to let off steam is it not? :whistling:

Now, that's what we are here for SB :) We all feel your pain! Rant and rave , scream and shout all you want :cray: believe me we do understand. :wallbash:

Okay, I can explain. You see, I tried as hard as a diamond to crush some of your thunderstorm barriers today, b..bu....bb-b.........but some of these were just t-too strong - in fact, there was one, in particular, which was so robust that as soon as I touched it, it rebounded me one mile away over a group of feilds. Boy, it was a good thing I happened to wear my helmet; slaying storms shields can be dangerous. Very dangerous. But what's worse was that I praticed all night to make sure I improved my storm shield elimination abilities, but still going to need alot more pratice.

I promise you eventually that the time of no storms will be history and storm shields will never see daylight. Again!

Nevertheless, if you have any tips, or feel I should be doing more, feel free to send me a complaint/suggestion, to ensure I am meeting your storm needs and deliver a high-quality service.

Thank you for your time. :)

Carry on slaying those storm shields Rs Lol :p Keep on practising!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Well apart from a few rumbles while I was at work yesterday In Nailsea. When I got home to Weston, there was nothing but rain, and that wasn't much either.

The shocking lack of thunderstorms continues.

Posted

Keep the hope , I got this on Wednesday:

Your look can change , mine did!

post-12164-027642800 1279880622_thumb.jp

post-12164-022511600 1279880637_thumb.jp

post-12164-012119500 1279880650_thumb.jp

post-12164-099076400 1279880661_thumb.jp

Brilliant thunder and lightning too!

Keep the faith , LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

looks like il be in the club for a while yet, i just hope august brings us a thundery splume ,cant keep thinking it wont happen because it can, low chance in the present set up ,but we dont need a splume to give widespread storms, just cant believe that ive not had or heard a proper storm or a night distance storm ,i dont remember a stormless summer like this, theres more chance in the auturmn with squall shrs..

Posted

Still nowt.

Oh I give up. I'm not sure if anyones managed to escape the no storms club in the last week if you have congrats! And CJWRC well done on the picks those are amazing, where were they taken?

Posted

No storms for Bridgwater this year yet, can't imagine going all year without one though. Fingers crossed for August being a more active month for my area

Posted

So....looking out the outlook charts and synopsis, I have no reason to think I'll be leaving the No Storms club anytime in the near future.

Unless of course somebody can stir up something good for Dorset :drinks:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Keep the hope , I got this on Wednesday:

Your look can change , mine did!

post-12164-027642800 1279880622_thumb.jp

post-12164-022511600 1279880637_thumb.jp

post-12164-012119500 1279880650_thumb.jp

post-12164-099076400 1279880661_thumb.jp

Brilliant thunder and lightning too!

Keep the faith , LOL

Great pics you got there! I'm jealous now lol

Oh well!! :D according to hearsay today. I heard we are not getting any storms now until maybe the end of August or early September. :) :cray:Oh my, what is one supposed to do until then..... :help::nonono:

Posted

Still nowt.

Oh I give up. I'm not sure if anyones managed to escape the no storms club in the last week if you have congrats! And CJWRC well done on the picks those are amazing, where were they taken?

They were taken in Wexford , south east ireland. Somebody elses video of the funnel made the national news , wish I had posted my vid on youtube.

I was lucky too see it , I was watching the lightning and I caught it in the corner of my eye , couldn't beleive it!

Good luck everyone , although if you didn't get a storm in the last cuples of weeks it's not looking good , high pressure on the way and here to stay:unsure:

Posted

They were taken in Wexford , south east ireland. Somebody elses video of the funnel made the national news , wish I had posted my vid on youtube.

I was lucky too see it , I was watching the lightning and I caught it in the corner of my eye , couldn't beleive it!

Good luck everyone , although if you didn't get a storm in the last cuples of weeks it's not looking good , high pressure on the way and here to stay:unsure:

Shaweet pics though. I wont see a storm this year, just can't see it happeneing, can we see if i can make it to five years?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Well I know there's nothing forecast down here but blimey, it looks stormy outside - fantastic dark clouds and so humid. If only lol ........ :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well I know there's nothing forecast down here but blimey, it looks stormy outside - fantastic dark clouds and so humid. If only lol ........ :good:

Had a few huge drops the size of 50p coins as a dark cloud moved over, now it's gone again i can see its almost congestus-intended formation. Crazy when I get excited by a few drops - now sunny though lol.

Posted

I would actually be happy now with a decent rain shower, seems like weeks since I see any rain apart from a few spots, my lawn is bare, the allotment is killing us watering twice a day and still not enough, please just an half an hour of steady rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

with a high to the west feeding a north westerly over the british isles, thunder is unlikely ,maybe a chance tmrw for the south east tho..whistling.gif

Posted

Looks like this Summer is turning out to be a memorable one for here, just not in a good way. Quite a contrast to the fantastic Winter we had.

I said a few days ago as regarding payback for the good Winter that we had. I thought I was just being cynical.

Maybe I wasn't so after all, given the humidity and the dodgy looking skies over the past couple of days which in July 2005 had the same look about them and thunderstorms were rife over much of England and Wales, albeit from a Spanish plume rather than a north westerly flow.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Well just had torrential rain when I went a few miles north of Portsmouth - very refreshing but bone dry back here in Pompey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

If this dosent make a good storm then i'm joining