Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted

Still nothing here this year, and today's lot all managed to go either side of me. What a crap year indeed. Worst in my life's memory. How sad.

Wow! Now I am officially out of the club, there was an intense storm with relatively frequent thunder/lightning and small hail in the last hour! The best storm I've seen since 2007.

Posted

Still telephone box all. Omfg. We've had torrental rain and more rain and more rain and hard enough rain to end the world.

Still NOTHING.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Still absolutely nothing in Portsmouth and nothing coming up on radar - at least we had some snow in January otherwise I would be feeling very hard done by weatherwise by now!!! Never thought I'd moan about blue skies and no rain lol!!!:drinks: Everything seems to bypass us completely or 'split' before it gets anywhere near us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Well done all who had a storm today:) Hopefully we wont see you in here next year!!:)

Sorry to hear about the members who didn't get one and still remain in the NSC. :D I only had a bit of rain today.Oh well better luck next time I suppose!!:)

Im out of here now! til next year!

Wow, well done Mark lol :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Who else has seen no lightning or heard no thunder in 2010 now? Im probably the only one living here

I wouldnt bet on that!...My subscription is still fully paid up for the forseeable future :(

Posted

Forget the No Storms Club, I'm starting a No Weather club, why? Because I dont get ANY. Inluding the pathetic drizzle we had today I've amassed 10mm of rain since May 1st.

I missed a T Storm by 4 miles to my East today and do not anticipate any more near misses. . .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

No storms again ,but my patch was not in with a high chance even high risk areas missed, thats what storms do-form and follow a track and if your not in the place then u miss out , i would be happy to have a distance storm, listerning to deep rumbles or night lightning on the horizon,but even that dont happen(so far) .

Posted

Well, yet another non-event for Solihull while most other parts of the country were having all the fun.

Only thing worth making any note of (if even that!) was a widespread anvil about 20 miles to my east at around 6:45pm, then more large and dark Cu's came overhead shortly after that. By 7:15pm, I had my camera at the ready thinking that it was all going to kick off at last. Rain shafts could be spotted moving rapidly over my way.

So what happened?

Nothing of note. Just 20 or so minutes of moderate rain, no hail, no thunder, no lightning, no diddly squat!

Checked the radar as the shower began to clear and that same anvil I mentioned earlier looked as if it had intensified. Just my luck!

So peeps, looks like I'm here for a little while longer. :D

Phil.

Posted

Just 20 or so minutes of moderate rain, no hail, no thunder, no lightning, no diddly squat!

Phil.

My area didn't even get that.Not only am i missing the storms, but im also missing out on rainfall :D

Posted

*curls up in to a ball and rocks back and forth*

*** MY LIFE.

NOTHING. telephone box ALL. NOTHING. NADA. NILL. NUL. *THROWS TANTRUM* RGHORUGH *SCREAMS*

Posted

*curls up in to a ball and rocks back and forth*

Many more non-eventul days like today and I think I might join you.

Phil.

Posted

Does a few brief distant rumbles to the west yesterday about 3:30pm count?

Also then managed to find a torrential shower on a 'mini stormchase' with someone which gave 1 lone flash and crack of thunder. Still nothing at home though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

well I'm still in the club because as far as I am concerned one distant flash of lightning followed by a pathetic equally distant rumble of thunder just does not count as a storm. Didn't even rain very hard either. Wouldn't mind but only 25 or so miles to my east Hastings/Camber were getting blasted..... Eastbourne yesterday or at least my part of it was promised so much but delivered so little. Typical!!

Posted

I can, but only sympathise, Sunlover.

I remember in 2005 when on a hot and humid day, thunderstorms were developing readily over Solihull, moved north into the Yorkshire/Pennine regions and all hell broke loose in those same areas come evening and overnight.

I remember being told off the following day by an ex-member on here who lives in Sheffield that it was the scariest and most vicious storm she had ever witnessed in her life.

Well, we in Solihull aims to please. :hi:

But the irony was that I only saw the back end of the developing Cb's and saw or heard... NOTHING!!

Looks like the 'Solihull Shield' has returned in 2010. (Or at least since 2nd May. Mother Nature's 40th Birthday gift to me... A storm shield!)

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted

i really thought i was in for a chance yesterday but NO still not seen a flash of lightning or heard a rumble of thunder now for over a flipping year. Nothing on the horizon ether. Went to turkey a few weeks ago to find i had missed a huge storm by a day :hi:.

lol kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yesterday i really thought i might get a storm, but ended up with just heavy rain! Starting to wounder if we will get any this year??!! Not very happy about that :hi:

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Nothing worthy of note here either - it's sunny but very windy and I actually feel a bit chilly!! :hi:

Posted

Doesn't feel like the middle of July at all. What a difference a few days make.

Breezy here, had two short, but torrential showers. (No thunder, quellé surprise! :hi: )

Mind you, the impressive sight of towering Cu's is all I can really make any positive comment on at this time.

Phil.

Posted

I am ready to lose all hope on ever seeing a storm ever again ever ever again. Hell you know I'd go to America and take the storm sheild and bad luck with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Does a few brief distant rumbles to the west yesterday about 3:30pm count?

Also then managed to find a torrential shower on a 'mini stormchase' with someone which gave 1 lone flash and crack of thunder. Still nothing at home though.

Hiya Stormmad,:)

In answer to your question, I wouldn't personaly count a few brief distance rumbles as a Thunderstorm! The storm more or less has to be kind of overhead and lasting at least half hour with plenty of thunder and lightning! But it's entirely up to you if you think it was a storm lol.

I'm still waiting to see a Thunderstorm where the sky goes pitch black...I'd love to see that it must be amazing!:o

I am ready to lose all hope on ever seeing a storm ever again ever ever again. Hell you know I'd go to America and take the storm sheild and bad luck with me.

:( Awwww.:cray:

Posted

I am ready to lose all hope on ever seeing a storm ever again ever ever again.

Sammie, Sammie, Sammie... *Hugz* I know the feeling. So near, yet so far away.

Someday, your storm will come.

Hell you know I'd go to America and take the storm sheild and bad luck with me.

You can't say that!!

Or else Storm Chase 2011 will be a letdown for our distinguished and brave NW members who venture out into the danger. (Or else there will be more profanities on vid/Youtube than there were in Storm Chase 2009. You know who you are when that lightning bolt hit that pylon!) :cray:

Right then... Today as a whole : Two short and sharp torrential rain showers. Thunder has been zilch. I'm joining Sammie in the curl up and rocks back and forth.

Anyone over 30? Remember Val Doonican on his rocking chair on a Saturday night on the BBC? But I'm not singing sheitte.

"I want a thunderstorm... Can't see any at all,

Weatherman said, storm we dread.

Got no thunder,

But a deluge instead."

I hate this low pressure!

Phil. (Just to let you know that Val Doonican with his stoopid jumpers back in 1970's and lyrics above were not his own... But mine!)

Posted

I missed a T Storm by 4 miles to my East today and do not anticipate any more near misses. . .

My area missed 2 storms today by less than 10 miles.It seems like ive got a rain shield aswell as a storm shield :cray:

Posted

We've only had a few spots of rain today and looking at the radar, it seems that all the heavy rain is breaking up as it gets to us!