Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2010

Jane Louise

Posted

I'm having my doubts about tomorrow, now... :)

So am I....I've got a bad feeling tomorrow might turn out to be overhyped...and that any actual storms will clip Kent (again! :unsure:) with the rest of us getting non-electrified showers.

Edited by CarlLH44

Posted

Yep Weather09

Everyone should have Cameras Handy tomorrow - No Excuses :unsure:

Let's see if we can get the Northern Half of the Country out of the NSC By Tomorrow Afternoon and Evening. Dont know why the pessimistic posts are creeping in at the moment as nothing has really changed for the Midlands Northwards just yet.

I would be more worried if some NSC Members were based in the far South East, but hopefully as the LP Moves through then Thursday could see those areas that miss out on Wed get something on Thursday.

Good luck everyone and remember CAMERA'S Handy

Paul S

Posted

"north-east Midlands and eastern England would be the more favoured spots to see showers and storms". Hmm...where have I heard that before?

Already sounds like the tiresome east gets everything of interest scenario is likely to pan out yet again. If that is indeed the case then an interesting day for people living there.

Apologies if I sound begrudging....but not having heard a single rumble this year...the possibility of missing out again is infuriating.

Edited by CarlLH44

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

The day back in July 2005 that spawned tornadoes in Brum and Peterborough was slightly different in set-up in that a deepening low moved up from the SW across the Midlands, the low created some strong shear on its NE edge across central areas as winds backed and combined with some instability creating ideal conditions for tornadoes. Tomorrow is different in that the low is out west, though we may get enough low-level shear as a trough moves in from the west for a weak tornado and funnels.

Tomorrow – given readily unstable profile suggested with cold uppers, I wouldn’t rule out anywhere catching a storm – even the SE of England, though GFS suggests greatest instability over central, western and northern areas.

Posted

I couldn't help thinking that a null forecast I saw yesterday with talk of a risk of 'severe storms' was a bit over-hyped.

Not a very favorable air flow for me tomorrow.. I do fully expect to still be in the NSC after tomorrow to be honest. Anyway every single set up has gone the way of the pear for me this year.. but good luck to those in a more favorable location :unsure:

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

From null :

"Although a HIGH RISK is likely come Wednesday for some parts, I feel I've been a little too progressive in issuing a HIGH at this very early stage. I should of gone from SLIGHT to MODERATE and then updated to HIGH when confidence was higher. I'll keep it as it is right now and should it be necessary update again closer to the event. blush.gif"

I smell backtracking....I fear some of us are going to be disappointed again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I'm going to be more optimistic now :unsure: I'm still going to set my web cam up and charge batteries for my camera etc. Even if I don't get a storm a nice torrential downpour would be much appreciated.:)

Posted

Can't see a there being more than low-end slight risk of severe weather, tomorrow. Ideally you want the jet stream to overlay the strongest instability, preferably the left exit/right entrance area and backing winds towards the surface for a severe risk. Tomorrow best deep layer shear is over far eastern England/N Sea and best instability over central western areas, though we do see some low-evel shear develop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

South Westerly airflows tend to take out the Whole of the South East with just one of 2 stray showers in the London area......

And there was me hoping my being a member of this club would be short lived. Ho hum suppose will have to wait n see and keep fingers crossed some stray storm finds its way to sussex :cray:

Posted

What can I blame for now FOUR years of stormlessness.

I want someone to punch. Was getting abit jumpy for Wednesday but meh nothing will happen nothing ever does.

Stupid weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

:pardon: Good luck all .Hope you catch a storm today!! :p Hopefully you will all be out of the NSC by the end of the day( though chance would be a fine thing) lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

The grey leaden skies here at present dont fill me with much hope of leaving the NSC today :D

Posted

Grey skies and drizzle...expectations of seeing/hearing anything of interest today pretty much zero. Expectations of still being in the NSC at the end of today nearly 100%

Posted

Hoping everyone in the NSC gets their prayers answered today but for my part I have already resigned myself to today not delivering. There is just too much cloud which stubbornly refuses to break with even spots of drizzle now and then.

Sorry I just dont see any chance today for me.

July 14th and still no thunder heard all year.....incredible. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wow! I'm out for 2010!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hello all,

Spent the day in Southampton - nothing but rubbish drizzle. Back in Portsmouth and it's getting very windy with a rain shower - skies look quite black but no thunder to be heard at all. Nothing for the central southern coast. Wish I was somewhere else at the moment!dry.gif

Posted

It is now just a few days until I reach a full year without hearing thunder let alone how long since seeing lightning!

I had real hope for today yet not even a downpour, just a few sharp showers which have since developed into heavier

showers further N/NE - but no thunder from them yet either!

There is a large area of Wiltshire/Bath/Somerset/Dorset which has been largely thundery activity free for a long time,

and today is the second or third day this year that has seen initial development happen around here.

What's more annoying is that we're able to have drizzly/light rain every morning at the moment and nothing when it

could get interesing. I fully expect similar tomorrow morning with light showers until mid-morning followed by a fine

spell before heavy rain later in the afternoon.

I'm trying my best to not get too annoyed and always seek to learn why things don't happen, like today with thinking

this area wasn't close enough to the Cold Front* which was east of here, but we were close enough for instability to

be limited while downpours/storms fired further to the West and moving North. * = In fact I'm pretty sure that this

morning's drizzly stuff came from the Cold Front in its' weak stage before it kicked off this afternoon!

Posted

I feel like screaming & Crying

:wallbash: I just want my area to see some rain and anything else is a bonus.it's just not happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Will the storm shield ever be broken :wallbash:

I'm asking myself the same question Shaun...storms all around me within 30 miles this afernoon, but diddly squat here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I'm asking myself the same question Shaun...storms all around me within 30 miles this afernoon, but diddly squat here

yeah same with me 7 miles north, small anvils dotted around, heavy but short shower passing to the west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

A couple of sharp showers and shows over again...and still a member of the NSC

Posted

Still nothing here this year, and today's lot all managed to go either side of me. What a crap year indeed. Worst in my life's memory. How sad.