Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 8

Posted

Just arrived home from work after driving through 15 minutes of probably the heaviest snow I have ever seen

TWS must have got his sleigh out for this one!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I think you better have a look at my post on the 'are we getting too greedy for snow' thread blum.gif

Just had a light dusting here......I feel a serious case of 'lampost watching' coming on this evening, oh dear !

Don't know if you saw me posting my stills from some videos of snow falling past lamp-posts! That one raised a couple of laughs in the associated thread.

I saw the reference to the snow addicts' association but to be honest there's quite a variety of weather types that tend to see me out on the "skywatching spot"- in particular pretty much anything with "significant convective precipitation" or "unusual warmth/sunshine for the time of year" in the description will also tend to get me out there. In these situations I find the "convection" aspect as exciting as the snow itself.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Another shower went through here , covered the car tracks

Posted

Oi you! Get back to your thread!!! laugh.giftongue.gif Coming in here bragging about your inches tongue.gif

Had a nice sugar coating here in Peterborough, managed to get camera for lampost watch too!! Has settled, fingers and toes tightly crossed for more over night!!

MET warnings :

Local areas affectedWarning typeValid fromValid toEast of England: Essex Norfolk Southend-on-Sea Suffolk ThurrockHeavy Snow & Widespread Icy Roads1522 Wed 101000 Thu 11Locally heavy snow showers will continue to affect southeastern England and East Anglia through the remainder of Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday night. There will be fresh accumulations of 2 to 5 cm of snow locally, although the snow showers will tend to ease later in the night leaving widespread icy stretches on untreated roads and pavements. Some drifting snow is likely in a strong north to northeasterly wind.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on road conditions on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1525 Wed 10 Feb

East of England: Bedfordshire Cambridgeshire Hertfordshire Luton PeterboroughWidespread Icy Roads1915 Wed 101000 Thu 11Following Wednesday's snow showers widespread ice is expected to form on untreated surfaces during Wednesday evening, Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. In addition to this further snow showers are expected to give accumulations of a centimetre or two in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on road conditions on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1714 Wed 10 Feb

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

What has Kent go to do with The 3 counties and EA.?????

Unless this thread becomes the 3 counties,East Anglia and kent ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hello all, Im in bushey (herts) and we have nothing just cold......boooodrunk.gif come on u snoooowww

Posted

Hello all, Im in bushey (herts) and we have nothing just cold......boooodrunk.gif come on u snoooowww

Welcome Lloydyd!! Wish I could say you were in for some snow, but I dont have the knowledge ... hopefully some of the more experienced members may be able to give you an idea for your area!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Hello,

Heavy snow was falling here in Luton for 25 minutes, got a good covering, i'm predicting that Luton will get 5-10cm's overnight.

Posted

Well it's snowing just down the road in Berkhamsted!

Welcome to the forum! :)

It looks like the showers are dying out for now. But as Tim shows possibly tomorrow night a band of heavy snow showers may cross the region. But otherwise Im looking at next week for snow, there is the potential to be very snowy next week according to the latest model output..

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Been really lucky here in West Cambs because two or three really heavy showers have given us a complete covering. Grass and roads are covered with a few cms. Looks like there could be some more overnight - as long as they don't fizzle out when they get here. Fingers' crossed :)

Posted

Hello,

Heavy snow was falling here in Luton for 25 minutes, got a good covering, i'm predicting that Luton will get 5-10cm's overnight.

Very optimistic looking at the radar. Think 2cm's is possible

*edit* Take that back lol, just looked at the north sea radar! I think the 3 counties will be a tad too far north for more than 3-5cm but areas just to the north and east of london could see 5-10cm. There is an organised blob of moderate snow forming off the coast of East anglia moving SW. Would expect this to hit at around midnight.

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Fax charts showing a trough over us for tommorow night and Fri. Should produce some widespread heavy snow showers!

http://www.netweathe...e=ukmomod;sess=

Hellul Mate, had a very Heavy 15 min snow shower at 7pm, got about 1.5-2cms everywhere, even on the dual carrigeways, and its stuck as the council have not gritted...again..... down to -2.1C now. few more smaller showers coing across on the radar but that prob the best of it.

If the sun come out again in the morning, it wont be long before its all gone as the you could really feel the UV strength in the sun today, you can tell its feb, not jan!!

like the look of that trough.....c'mon

Posted

What frustration!!!!

Been watching a very good bunch of showers for the last hour, they came crashing through the wash, hit Boston then Spalding then hit Stamford. i thought they have our name on !!!!

Just before they hit Corby ........ they fizzled out.

Yet 20 miles to our south the showers are smashing their way inland into MK.

diablo.gif

Posted

Hellul Mate, had a very Heavy 15 min snow shower at 7pm, got about 1.5-2cms everywhere, even on the dual carrigeways, and its stuck as the council have not gritted...again..... down to -2.1C now. few more smaller showers coing across on the radar but that prob the best of it.

If the sun come out again in the morning, it wont be long before its all gone as the you could really feel the UV strength in the sun today, you can tell its feb, not jan!!

like the look of that trough.....c'mon

Hello mate! We chat more on here than at work these days lol! I saw the shower hitting MK in my rear view mirror as I drove south Gutted! On my Iphone (weather online) radar it shows an organised area off the EA coast heading SW but it isn't there on the rain today one, could be an anaprop? Looks like Kent aren't going to get there 6 inches lol! We could all get a few cm's, nothing to be too excited about though. What do you rekon for next week? Difficult to call IMO could go either way. Think there will be some heavy snow but might be a bit marginal to build up much.

Maz is out at parents eve so I'm stuck with BOB on the TV so thought model watching would be more interesting! Off to Enfield tommorow morning so hope to see a covering by then.

Posted

What frustration!!!!

Been watching a very good bunch of showers for the last hour, they came crashing through the wash, hit Boston then Spalding then hit Stamford. i thought they have our name on !!!!

Just before they hit Corby ........ they fizzled out.

Yet 20 miles to our south the showers are smashing their way inland into MK.

diablo.gif

Been like that most of the day for me too mate!!! Literally splitting just above us and parting like the Red Sea!! lol If its any consolation radar showing that Im getting hit right now but Im not :(

Soon be Saturday!!

Posted

Very optimistic looking at the radar. Think 2cm's is possible

*edit* Take that back lol, just looked at the north sea radar! I think the 3 counties will be a tad too far north for more than 3-5cm but areas just to the north and east of london could see 5-10cm. There is an organised blob of moderate snow forming off the coast of East anglia moving SW. Would expect this to hit at around midnight.

What radar is this blob beeing shown on? And is there a link for it please? Thanks

Edit: Looking at the Meteox radar, something brewing in the North Sea which may hit some places

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Hello mate! We chat more on here than at work these days lol! I saw the shower hitting MK in my rear view mirror as I drove south Gutted! On my Iphone (weather online) radar it shows an organised area off the EA coast heading SW but it isn't there on the rain today one, could be an anaprop? Looks like Kent aren't going to get there 6 inches lol! We could all get a few cm's, nothing to be too excited about though. What do you rekon for next week? Difficult to call IMO could go either way. Think there will be some heavy snow but might be a bit marginal to build up much.

Maz is out at parents eve so I'm stuck with BOB on the TV so thought model watching would be more interesting! Off to Enfield tommorow morning so hope to see a covering by then.

Well you know it will snow all day, every day next week in Milton Keynes....cause I'm in Stevenage every day!! Fancy Project Managing the huge install for me and I'll do some hunting for you lol :-)

The fact is, when you want it to snow, expect it to snow or wait for snow, it doesn't come, when you take your eye off the radar and the forum for 24 hrs...... Whoomp there it is!! as the chorus goeswhistling.gif

Posted

Been like that most of the day for me too mate!!! Literally splitting just above us and parting like the Red Sea!! lol If its any consolation radar showing that Im getting hit right now but Im not sad.gif

Soon be Saturday!!

Aye, no doubt next week northamptonshire will get about 20cm. rofl.gifrofl.gif

my Kids will hate me even more. laugh.gif they are not best pleased about what i was telling them about 30mins agolaugh.gif

Posted

Aye, no doubt next week northamptonshire will get about 20cm. rofl.gifrofl.gif

my Kids will hate me even more. laugh.gif they are not best pleased about what i was telling them about 30mins agolaugh.gif

If Northants gets 20cm next week you'll be having more time in the sun than you anticipated! lol Delayed flights anyone??!

Poor kids.. Evil parents you are taking them on holiday!! hehehehe They'll forget about it when they or on the beach!!