Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Morning.

Well i didn't wake up to any snow but at around 8am we had a little snow shower that covered the ground with a little dusting. yahoo.gif

Roll on the end of the weekclap.gif

Posted

Had a brief graupel shower first thing, but nothing since although its clouding up a bit now

Poor old Julie got a bashing there, personally think she is a very pleasant lady in both appearance and manner

Presumably the critics are so incredibly attractive and well dressed that they would be more than happy to go before the cameras everyday

Not many real pics in the avatars that I can see thoughwhistling.gif

Posted

Well I woke up a big suprise this morning... the SUN and blue skies!! temp approx 3c. Graupel trying to fall whilst on the school run, only a little amount! If it snows today then bonus, however I am happy with just seing the sky today!!!

Hunsto, I will update my Avatar now for you!

Posted

Excellent Mrsf16, nice to put a face to a name

Thought it only fair I practised what I preached, so pic updated now too

Here's hoping this cold spell puts a smile on all our faces, nice to see the sun here for a change as well

Edited by huntso

Posted

Can't see me very well, same piccie in profile, just bigger smile.gif hehehe

Grey Clouds coming over here now.... hmmmmm

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

Woke up here in West Cambs to a light covering of snow - it had settled on roads and paths as well, making the roads tricky this morning. It must have been very localised, though, because two miles down the road there was nothing.

Posted

Sky has come over all grey and brooding... quite eerie .. wind picking up too...... looks like we're in for some stormy weather!!! blink.gif

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

wow!!! 5 mon hail storm... now blue skies and white clouds!!!! what an odd weather day!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

wow!!! 5 mon hail storm... now blue skies and white clouds!!!! what an odd weather day!!

Just got the same here. Sky went really dark followed by some hail! Yukmad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Today's weather has not been what I was expecting at all, it's been like April showers only with snow instead of

rain, everytime I've looked out of the window it's either been snow or sun on and off all day.

Has the more significant snow for the end of the week been downgraded now or is it more likely just to be for those lucky people in Kent, only I have noticed the local forecast is dry for Friday in my location cc_confused.gif

Posted

Same as you MK, we are forecast snow overnight tonight however, but I cant see it coming to fruition. Far to warm out currently... car temp reading 5c, ground will be too warm to settle even if we get snow falling.

Would like to know what everyones take is on end of the week too please. Thanking you

Posted

Today's weather has not been what I was expecting at all, it's been like April showers only with snow instead of

rain, everytime I've looked out of the window it's either been snow or sun on and off all day.

Has the more significant snow for the end of the week been downgraded now or is it more likely just to be for those lucky people in Kent, only I have noticed the local forecast is dry for Friday in my location cc_confused.gif

Its been fine and sunny here on the coast, don't think the cold sea temperatures are helping convection at all. Maybe the colder uppers tomorrow will help a bit, but not holding my breath.

I would say the likihood of significant snow now is diminishing fast. The cold uppers arrive tomorrow morning:

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/Rmgfs182.html

Peak during early on Thursday morning:

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/Rmgfs452.html

And are gone by Thursday evening:

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/Rmgfs572.html

So we have a 36 hour window, if that, really starting from 6am tomorrow. Then of course we need precipitation!

The 12z NAE isn't very keen on snowfall potential either, with only Kent looking likely to have the best chance:

T+24: http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/02/09/basis12/ukuk/prty/10021012_0912.gif

T+30: http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/02/09/basis12/ukuk/prty/10021018_0912.gif

T+36: http://expert.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/nae/2010/02/09/basis12/ukuk/prty/10021100_0912.gif

At least we all saw a good snowfall in January! :lol:

Posted

Just to let you know apparently heavy sleet/snow shower in the PE6 area (north of Peterborough)... wonder if it's hit TEITS yet???

Lol Paul, you may hve seen good snowfall in January.. not all of us did!!! :lol:

Posted

Ooops, Sorry Mrsf. I stand corrected! :lol:

New FAX chart for 12z tomorrow:

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax24s.gif

Not as good as the old FAX for the same time (still here for a little while):

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/fax/fax36s.gif

Far less in the way of trough features on the new chart, and those that are there are further south.

Posted

Ive now given up on chances for significant snowfall here for the rest of the week. Latest FAX charts show little in the way of troughs and HP will be too strong over us by Friday. Back into FI land for snow! Current models like GFS suggest snow potential next week for our region, will see how it pans out over the next few days.

There might be a band of organised showers hitting our region tonight though which may give a dusting in places

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Ive now given up on chances for significant snowfall here for the rest of the week. Latest FAX charts show little in the way of troughs and HP will be too strong over us by Friday. Back into FI land for snow! Current models like GFS suggest snow potential next week for our region, will see how it pans out over the next few days.

There might be a band of organised showers hitting our region tonight though which may give a dusting in places

:p Never mind there is always next week. Whats the models suggesting now Snowman and where is it going to snow this week is it still Kent?

Edited by Blizzard_of_Oz

Posted

This smacks of the December snowfall... all fired up for us, and then the day before it transpires that the Kent lot are in the firing line again!! nonono.gif Think I may go and sulk in the corner!! :p

Posted

oh well, unfortunately my predictions a few days ago for a few flurries mon/tues and the heavier snow progged for wed/thurs/fri never actually materialising has came true. i think this is the third week in a row alot of the charts have been showing snow for our region in fi, and yet again, next week is looking the same, so i think the chances of anything significant this winter are fading fast, i think im jinxed here in diss.

on a different point, does anyone have any idea why just north of the wash always gets the ppn, but any further south it fades away? (accept of course kent) as i have noticed this form looking at the radar over the years. is it simply just because of the longer track over the north sea causing more convection for areas north of EA?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

SSTs off the coast of EA are around 5C and temperatures have risen close to 5C during the day, so that could well be a large part of the reason. I think more in the way of showers will come over tonight- they are already pepping up further north.

Posted

Where will the showers tonight be coming from? Normally you can look at the radar and see them coming of the north sea but at the moment it looks like there is nothing around?

Posted

:cray: Never mind there is always next week. Whats the models suggesting now Snowman and where is it going to snow this week is it still Kent?

Looking at the models only Kent will see anything significant. And even this will be fairly localised in Kent, e.g East Kent. Next week has a lot of snow potential from a Northerly/North Easterly but for me it is still in FI to think about it yet....

Posted

Well it can do what it wants after Saturday, i wont be heredirol.gif but do hope my fellow Northants posters get buried in white stuff.

**ahem** and a Peterborough one too I hope!! hehehee Have a great holiday :cray: