Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Not with snow or storms no unknw.gif

I'm still thinking these showers might fade and only be confined to dover/margate etc

I think exactly the same but forecaster i am not !

Posted

Im not from round these parts but I was looking at the radar and it looked like Canterbury took a direct hit of rather heavy snow - can anyone confirm?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Im not from round these parts but I was looking at the radar and it looked like Canterbury took a direct hit of rather heavy snow - can anyone confirm?

Not just now no , but we did have blizzard like conditions on and off throughout the day

Posted

http://www.wereldreisgids.nl/content/new-main.asp?id=1677

Surprised no ones mentioned this link. Appears to be a decent amount of convection building up as it crosses the north sea

Amazing convection. Here's another link which is also good http://www.buienradar.nl/

Posted

Well this is my first post on the site - I'm trying to learn more about the weather uin general etc.

I'm in Ashford, Kent and we've had a little under an inch although at 1500 today Thanet (far north east Kent coast) had 3 inches. Snow still falling although it is quite light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

What's this doing? :(

9a4i7p.jpg

Large mass of cloud to our north east

Posted

Well this is my first post on the site - I'm trying to learn more about the weather uin general etc.

I'm in Ashford, Kent and we've had a little under an inch although at 1500 today Thanet (far north east Kent coast) had 3 inches. Snow still falling although it is quite light.

Hi snowangell, welcome to Netweather and happy posting!!!!

Posted

Yamkin, if you are still there, what radar do you use ? I'm not great with radars and need the simplest one ! I'm using the rain today one at the moment

Hi HD, I use various radars, and one of my favourites is http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ Don't forget Netweather also has a great radar too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

met o radar is starting to show some more prep which looks likely to fall further inland. Anyone back me up???? Not 2 heavy though :/ But still its snow!!!

Posted

Thanks kay. I'm not confident enough yet to really take part but I'm sure that'll soon change!!! Woodchurch must look lovely tonight. I see Kingsnorth in a different light in the snow ;0))

Posted

Went to work at 8am, lots of snow flurries around but nothing laying except on my decking area. pretty much stayed the same all morning. At 3pm it went very dark and by 4pm I felt like I was in a snowglobe :( All stopped by 5.30pm and nothing since, we have about 1cm laying on the road. Anyone think I will get anymore or sohld we pleased that we got any? x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Apparently Whitfield nr Dover has become a complete standstill... not surprising. Buses not going anywhere due to the sheer amount of slow moving traffic. My step dad said it took 25 minuted for the bus he was on to go a few hundred yards.

Cool! :yahoo:

Have always said that dover will be the win, win location!!!

Had about 15/20 mins of heavy snow at 5pm while I was up the pub, all white here now apart from the roads. Did turn quite slushy though which surprised me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hello all, Im in bushey (herts) and we have nothing just cold......boooodrunk.gif come on u snoooowww

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Hi HD, I use various radars, and one of my favourites is http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ Don't forget Netweather also has a great radar too.

Thanks Yamkin. Can't deny i signed up for NW radar but I couldn't work it out ! Thats how dim I am ! I'll stick with rain today for now

Posted

Glad to see parts of Kent getting a pasting, how much lying snow is there?

A nice streamer for Yorkshire as well hopefully we will do as well as you guys.

Posted

What's this doing? :yahoo:

9a4i7p.jpg

Large mass of cloud to our north east

Not alot in regards to most of it, check the dutch radars

Posted

Thanks Yamkin. Can't deny i signed up for NW radar but I couldn't work it out ! Thats how dim I am ! I'll stick with rain today for now

The MOD's are always on hand to help out. You can always pm a MOD for advice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lol at Peter Cockcroft on B.B.C. London news,' I got it wrong the snow has arrived 24 hrs than I first thought earlier in the week I thought it would be worse on Thrsday' were his words well at least he is man enough to admit to it unlike some weather forecasters. :yahoo:

Thursday was looking bad almost a week ago, wheres he been all this time? Shaked up with Kat from East Enders while she gets herself ready for the big come back!!?? sniff sniff, achoooooooooo!! :clap: :lol:

Posted

Glad to see parts of Kent getting a pasting, how much lying snow is there?

A nice streamer for Yorkshire as well hopefully we will do as well as you guys.

just over 3" here now, still snowing

Posted

The latest weather forecast for Europe including a UK overview is coming up on CNN International in the next 5-10 minutes. Freeview channel 84, Sky 506, Virgin 607. Always plenty of detail about weather patterns etc around the globe and snowfall etc, worth checking out.

Edited by NorthantsSnow