Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme.....

Same here, but guess what? There's more heading our way later on tonight according to the radar clap.gifyahoo.gif

Oh gawd really ? Question is will it be heavy and will it stick around ? I really hate being without my car and because my drive is on a pretty steep slope I have to abandon it and I hate public transport. My boss has really spoilt it for me as well this winter because half the fun of snow events like this was that you didn't have to go to work so you could go out and enjoy it ! No such luck with this boss, you have to get in come hell or high water hence why I am not enjoying the snow as much as I used to.

Are you more the surrey or Kent part of Croydon ?

Posted

Cant stand Either but i would prefere Kaddy to Nazaneen, Nazaneen doesnt seem to have a clue....

Yes! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

how much snow am i likely to see tonight??? should i be staying up all night?????

Edited by 0ryan0

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Hiya,

Everything nicely covered here. Had a complete whiteout here about 4pm - literally blizzard conditions with some very gusty winds. Was waiting to hear a crack of thunder!

Since then it has been snowing almost continuously with very short breaks before the next shower cloud comes over

A great day - looks like a very good evening to come!!biggrin.gifcold.gif

Yes' it is good to see. It has stopped here now, but a heavy snow shower getting this far south is more than I expected and with the temperature dropping rapidly it is likely to stay 'til morning. I don't expect too much more for a little while but I expect you could do rather well Tamara with a few showers giving direct hits!

Posted

Apparently Whitfield nr Dover has become a complete standstill... not surprising. Buses not going anywhere due to the sheer amount of slow moving traffic. My step dad said it took 25 minuted for the bus he was on to go a few hundred yards.

Posted

I thought this snow event was for the kent area here i am in Lower Morden Surrey and just had a very heavy shower and just touching a cm if theres any experienced members on here can i ask if this could be a more widespread event or was it just a 1 off shower?

The latest GFS 12Z shows a N/NE flow.

post-2721-12658256457117_thumb.png post-2721-12658256666517_thumb.png

post-2721-12658257145417_thumb.png post-2721-12658257337917_thumb.png

The moisture from the North Sea is spreading further inland due to the brisk N/NE winds which explains why other parts of the SE are experiencing snow.

post-2721-12658257520017_thumb.png post-2721-12658257581817_thumb.png

Oh gawd really ? Question is will it be heavy and will it stick around ? I really hate being without my car and because my drive is on a pretty steep slope I have to abandon it and I hate public transport. My boss has really spoilt it for me as well this winter because half the fun of snow events like this was that you didn't have to go to work so you could go out and enjoy it ! No such luck with this boss, you have to get in come hell or high water hence why I am not enjoying the snow as much as I used to.

Are you more the surrey or Kent part of Croydon ?

I'm on the Kent part of Croydon

Edited by yamkin

Posted

Apparently Whitfield nr Dover has become a complete standstill... not surprising. Buses not going anywhere due to the sheer amount of slow moving traffic. My step dad said it took 25 minuted for the bus he was on to go a few hundred yards.

its getting bad on the roads here, heavy snow in increasing winds, the visibility is terrible in the drifting snow, its like a few weeks ago all over again when deal was cut off

Guest FireStorm

just popped back in while i have some spare time.. Sounds like some fantastic snowfall happening across the region! Ive yet to look outside - im saving that as a midnight tease.. will i be looking at snow or like having to pop to the shop.. dry with such a raw, cold, sharp wind out there.. to have any laying snow that blows about in the wind is about the closest i can imagine to russian winters.. not comparing current conditions to a russian winter of course - this forum would collapse with excitement and pleasure overload lol

Posted

Evening all

Skies are clearing over SE London at the mo, feels like the wind has turned a bit more northerly, its blooming cold out there, wonder if the snow will just stick to the coasts this evening

Cheers

FC

Posted

I'm no forecaster by far. I go by the forum here and from hunches but I think it will just hit far southeast corner. Or is that just wishful thinking ? Or am I secretly hoping I am wrong ???

Posted

Clear skys here now,is that it do you think or will we get some more does anyone have any ideas?drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

The latest GFS 12Z shows a N/NE flow.

post-2721-12658256457117_thumb.png post-2721-12658256666517_thumb.png

post-2721-12658257145417_thumb.png post-2721-12658257337917_thumb.png

The moisture from the North Sea is spreading further inland due to the brisk N/NE winds which explains why other parts of the SE are experiencing snow.

post-2721-12658257520017_thumb.png post-2721-12658257581817_thumb.png

I'm on the Kent part of Croydon

I live in Shirley to, but I would say its more South London than Surrey and we're not far from West Wickham which is in Kent.

Edited by Higrade

Posted

Yamkin, if you are still there, what radar do you use ? I'm not great with radars and need the simplest one ! I'm using the rain today one at the moment

Posted

The wife says it is snowing heavily in SW France near Bordeaux!! those showers sure move fast...

Cheers

FC

http://www.wereldrei...ain.asp?id=1677

Surprised no ones mentioned this link. Appears to be a decent amount of convection building up as it crosses the north sea

That radar view shows most of the showers just hitting Kent & a bit of Sussex, it also shows beautifully the showers falling in France where the wife is

Cheers

FC

Posted

Looks like some nice convection coming in off the North sea - some of the showers developing some rather strong cores on Radar. Wouldn't be surprised to read a report of thunder or lightning.

post-9715-12658277624317_thumb.png

Edit: That shower moving over the central part of Kent has intensified. Anyone under this who can report what it's like?

I am in centeral Kent that shower is in Eastern kent

No snow here clear skies stars and cold

Posted

Lol at Peter Cockcroft on B.B.C. London news,' I got it wrong the snow has arrived 24 hrs than I first thought earlier in the week I thought it would be worse on Thrsday' were his words well at least he is man enough to admit to it unlike some weather forecasters. :drinks:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Do the BBC/MET ever get their forecasts right ???

Not with snow or storms no :drinks:

I'm still thinking these showers might fade and only be confined to dover/margate etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Not with snow or storms no unknw.gif

I'm still thinking these showers might fade and only be confined to dover/margate etc

ohhhhh not being greedy but that would be nice lol whistling.gif