Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yeah, northern parts of Portugal and Spain and most of France look most at risk at the moment from severe gale force winds and heavy rainfall. As ever with these deep LP systems, more time is needed to firm up the details regarding the track and intensity of the system.

Edit: Back to here and the temperature has fallen within the last hour. Though a high of 10.5C is certainly on the mild side when compared to the duration of rather cold temps over the last few weeks.

That same storm might clip us here in the SE! that's how intense it is! who knows?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Although im a snowfan, today been very good, felt like Spring, no rain either, didnt need a coat, 11.0°C maximum during the sunnier afternoon, welcoming spring

I so hope this low doesnt come off for weekend, keep the weather like today going, dont fancy wind and rain, Title of this thread should be renamed, cold over now

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Apart from this evenings rain down here, today has felt so nice! Winter 2009/2010 can get lost now. I cant tell you how much i hate snow now till next winter. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Apart from this evenings rain down here, today has felt so nice! Winter 2009/2010 can get lost now. I cant tell you how much i hate snow now till next winter. biggrin.gif

yeah snow is over now sadly this winter, but novelty wore off a little, although still really wanted it, just hope it stays dry and the b***ardy weekend low misses!

Posted

Very heavy rain here!! all winter Northants has just missed out on the heaviest precip( for snow)

Now the rain has come smashing in( you've guessed it) the heavy precip is smack bang over our heads.rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

It always makes me laugh that the sustained heavy PPN never arrives when we have cold temps!!!

Was a lovely day today - I am looking forward to spring/summer and thunder storms/heatwaves etc - but a little bit of my heart would like to a final monster-mega snowfall before the daffs come out :)

It's been a great couple of months though on the whole - I hope that they keep the regional threads open all year round!