Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Come on!!

Theres gotta be some storms soon!

We are in April right?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I hope this doesn't go on too long - for starters, this poxy plume of ash! Not being funny, I've maintained for a long time I love a good plume, but this is entirely not what I meant - my plumes come from the S and SE for starters! :D

Furthermore, I was hopeful of an unsettled April as this tends to yield promising summers - well, certainly has done in the previous years. The weather has been so summery over the last few days, we haven't had (literally) a cloud in the sky - in the sun today it actually felt very warm, plus the breeze of late has dropped considerably to virtually nothing, so all in all very present.

Convectively though, its naff, and judging by the surface pressure charts, there's no change over the coming days :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I hope this doesn't go on too long - for starters, this poxy plume of ash! Not being funny, I've maintained for a long time I love a good plume, but this is entirely not what I meant - my plumes come from the S and SE for starters! biggrin.gif

Furthermore, I was hopeful of an unsettled April as this tends to yield promising summers - well, certainly has done in the previous years. The weather has been so summery over the last few days, we haven't had (literally) a cloud in the sky - in the sun today it actually felt very warm, plus the breeze of late has dropped considerably to virtually nothing, so all in all very present.

Convectively though, its naff, and judging by the surface pressure charts, there's no change over the coming days cray.gif

Exactly what i feel, i miss the pumes and french imports, our best storms always comes up from South or South east:).

I reckon we will see plenty of storms in the summer and if so bring them on. It has been beutiful over the pass 2 weeks but am missing some action in the weather :help:.

Posted

Exactly what i feel, i miss the pumes and french imports, our best storms always comes up from South or South east:).

I reckon we will see plenty of storms in the summer and if so bring them on. It has been beutiful over the pass 2 weeks but am missing some action in the weather :good:.

Had to reply stormyking, thers nothing better than hearing a forecast that mentions SPANISH PLUME n violent t storms rumbling up the contry? ha ha ha just getting you all in the mood! Hope your right about lots of storms this summer!? But i fear that we could see this latest pattern i.e. short warm settled spells with more prolonged cool wet spells which is terrible for people like yourselves. But what do i know:wacko:

Posted

I do hope these high pressures stay about in summer.

The west has been VERY quiet / held back all winter and now into april.

I just hope it doesn't get lively in July when I goto Cornwall.

Posted

I just hope it doesn't get lively in July when I goto Cornwall.

Well, nothing much showing for at least 5 days yet:

MU_London_avn.png

and then not much! :unsure:

Posted

I can see some hints from the 5th of next month..

But thats MILES! away

Posted

I can see some hints from the 5th of next month..

But thats MILES! away

That would be nice as 5th of May hapepnes to be my birthday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I wonder if i see my 1st storm of the year on sunday laugh.gif

Why Sunday? Lol.

The Answer is most likely to be No.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

lol gfs showing it rofl.gif

Looks to be a very small risk. Would be much more likely from a breakdown of the warm weather that is forecast from the weekend especially for England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Certainly from the CAPE/LI charts, storms do look possible across E ROI, much of N Ireland, S Scotland, E Wales and then much of Central, Southern and Eastern England. Temperatures are expected to rise with decent levels of sunshine on offer too.

Obviously this is GFS so prone to significant variability. Opportunities do not appear to last very long, with Sunday being the only day until around early May when potential appears to start re-building.

Storms or no storms though, it does look like Summer is going to try and dig in (the warmth at least) from the weekend onwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Hopefully, my first Storm of the year. smile.gif But I'm not banking on it as things can change. It will be nice to see some good cloud scapes though.biggrin.gif

Posted

Hopefully, my first Storm of the year. smile.gif But I'm not banking on it as things can change. It will be nice to see some good cloud scapes though.biggrin.gif

Hi Jane

Good luck to you, dont think i will see anything as looks like an inland thing :L

Would be nice though if we did get somet.

Posted

Hi Jane

Good luck to you, dont think i will see anything as looks like an inland thing :L

Would be nice though if we did get somet.

Thank you Stormyking,smile.gif Hey! you never know you may see a Storm yet! Good luck biggrin.gif

Posted

Thank you Stormyking,smile.gif Hey! you never know you may see a Storm yet! Good luck biggrin.gif

Hi Jane thank you for that i think you deserve it more and hope you get one.

Anyway will be keeping my eye ont hings over next few days for sunday :cc_confused:

Posted

Hi Jane thank you for that i think you deserve it more and hope you get one.

Anyway will be keeping my eye ont hings over next few days for sunday biggrin.gif

All eyes on the NW radar and lightning Radars on Sunday.Yayyahoo.gifbiggrin.gif

Just a rumble of Thunder will be great.I've forgotton what a Storm is lol

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

In a drought of convective potential so far this month, a chance still on for Sunday, as an upper trough and cold front moving east is suggested to destabilise warm moist S to SW flow ahead of front, with storms possible across Wales the west and north of England and also across Ireland and southern Scotland. I feel that GFS is rather overdoing CAPE and LI values, expect those to be much lower.

Posted
GFS progging decent moisture (dewpoints up to 12-13C), however if it is overdoing the moisture, then this in turn will be overdo CAPE values as well. So I agree with Nick in that I would expect CAPE to be cosiderably lower as we head nearer to Sunday.

Don't quite know why GFS always overdoes CAPE and LI from days out, the dew points seem feasible - not that high; lapse rates are not drastically steep and temps are progged in upper teens; can't see where it gets such high figures from, they tend to lower on the actual day instability is forecast.

Wish I could be smuggled in the luggage of those going chasing next week and see storms developing in environments with actual values of 2000-3000 j/kg CAPE across the Plains!

Posted

I have just witnessed a dust devil in the courtyard of the University Village at UEA. It lasted for about 20 seconds, from what I could see. Hundreds of leaves were picked up, accompanied by dust/grit and other small material, they were hurtled around in a circular motion as the dust devil moved in a predominately northwest direction. People ran for cover/hid under their coats, it turned extremely gusty with small trees swaying. Otherwise it's been a relatively calm day with sunny spells, patchy cloud and a light breeze. Very interesting :p

Edited by staplehurst