but also looking through news posts google

have a look here, doesn't show any activity from Katla in the last 24 hours

http://hraun.vedur.is/ja/englishweb/myrjokull.html

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The Mayans might have been right then...rofl.gifrofl.gif

But yeah, Katla erupting a month before the olympics would be quite something. I'm more concerned though with whether there will be a northwesterly wind sourced from the erupting volcano on the 18th June, cause if not there will be 70 annoyed Bell Baxter pupils getting refunds for a school exchange to Baltimore which was cancelled in the most unlikely way possible.

I can see the headlines.

Tory Government refuses too bail out the cancelled Olympic games after it was cancelled due too huge eruptions from Katla Iceland. Boris the fool is seen walking to a soup kitchen as London is declared bankrupt.

Posted

have a look here, doesn't show any activity from Katla in the last 24 hours

http://hraun.vedur.is/ja/englishweb/myrjokull.html

People love scare stories sadly I bet a few experts are being misquoted by the press as the actual quote would sell less papers.

Posted

I must of got the wrong impression then as someone posted up graphs of activity a while back on this thread,,,

:mellow:

I have read this wrong or there is some activity going on, though small at present..one or the other :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

white plume showing now on the webcam. An answer for the person who wondered if the gathering darkness was making the cloud look darker or if it was a higher concentration of ash. The white water vapour clouds still show up in the darkness so the last half hour or so has been pumping out almost totally ash.

Ta, we need to watch the wind direction then.

Just think of the number of people having difficulty getting home, or on holiday, or business if this even lasts to Thursday.... did I read somewhere 600,000 through Heathrow alone every day?

Posted

Just popped out to garden and looked at my sensor light and can see lots of shiny dust particles in the light :lol: Could it be from the ash cloud or is it just very dusty round here?

Geri

Posted

I must of got the wrong impression then as someone posted up graphs of activity a while back on this thread,,,

:mellow:

I have read this wrong or there is some activity going on, though small at present..one or the other :lol:

Don't worry about it. Problem is there does seem a lot of differing info coming out at the same time. Good example is one expert saying no new ash being ejected high enough to effect Europe. yet met office is saying the column is reaching up 28,000 ft.

We're just mere mortals without direct access to the information.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The last bit of light seems to show that the plume is just complete ash right now.

Posted

Ta, we need to watch the wind direction then.

Just think of the number of people having difficulty getting home, or on holiday, or business if this even lasts to Thursday.... did I read somewhere 600,000 through Heathrow alone every day?

Posted

Don't worry about it. Problem is there does seem a lot of differing info coming out at the same time. Good example is one expert saying no new ash being ejected high enough to effect Europe. yet met office is saying the column is reaching up 28,000 ft.

We're just mere mortals without direct access to the information.

lol..

just read that the Volcano is slowly coming to an end and there are no sign's of Katla awakening just yet..

Yes I know different info at different times..

did you see that lightning just then.. lovely bolt of light

Edited by dogs32

Posted

wahooooo,,, just saw lightning

ps my hubby thinks i'm mad now as just watching a black screen !!

Posted

Just one word.... Wow

Won't load for me grrrrrrrr.

wahooooo,,, just saw lightning

ps my hubby thinks i'm mad now as just watching a black screen !!

Just tell him to wash the car tomorrow morning. :lol:

I'm also watching a nearly black screen. Have seen one flash of lightning.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

lol..

just read that the Volcano is slowly coming to an end and there are no sign's of Katla awakening just yet..

Yes I know different info at different times..

did you see that lightning just then.. lovely bolt of light

Coming to an end??? Yeah right lol! Taken just now:

post-6797-12715427390949_thumb.jpg

Posted

Here ya go PIT:

KLM test flight passes off without problem

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines carried out a test flight this evening between about 19.45 and 21:00 hours CEST in Netherlands airspace using a Boeing 737-800. The flight was carried out to establish whether air quality in the atmosphere meets the requirements for safe flight. No problems were encountered during the flight.

The aircraft was transferred to a hangar on landing where it underwent a thorough inspection. The results have been reported to the Transport and Water Management Inspectorate. The Inspectorate will take the decision on whether flight operations are possible.

KLM President & CEO, Peter Hartman, said: "At first glance there is no reason to suspect that anything is amiss. We observed no irregularities either during the flight or during the initial inspection on the ground. If the results of the technical inspection confirm this impression, we are ready to start by returning seven of our aircraft to Amsterdam from Düsseldorf. We hope to receive permission as soon as possible after that to start up our operation and to transport our passengers to their destinations." KLM Executive Vice-President Operations, Ype de Haan, was also on board the flight with Peter Hartman as an observer.

The aircraft flew to 41,000 feet (altitude of approximately 13 kilometres), which is the maximum altitude for this type of aircraft. KLM expects to receive the final results of the technical inspection tomorrow morning.

Posted

one expert saying no new ash being ejected high enough to effect Europe.

The winds will soon be stacked, meaning its not going to matter what level ash is pumped out at, its heading our way!

Probably looking at Friday-Saturday being the time when things should finally get a chance to recover in our neck of the woods, but obviously Katla is going to need to be watched, esp if it comes at the same time as a -ve NAO spell...

Posted

Here ya go PIT:

Cheerz. Of course that doesn't mean things haven't changed since they landed. Off to bed now good night folks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The camera seems to be going darker each second. D: