Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

ireland and later scotland might see thunderstorms saturday(tommorow) see nicks post in convective thread

could get very interesting for some.

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

One of the things I have never ever got on Netweather over the Summer Months is why people dont club together and "hop" across the Channel. There were Storms last weekend, and again Midweek, Yesterday evening had some Storms within 75 Miles of the NW French Coast, they are forecasted AGAIN Today, and Tomorrow and AGAIN On Sunday.

How hard can it be for 4 people to put in £20 each for the Ferry & Petrol and spend a day or even 2 days if you want to push the boat out and fork out £50 for the 2 days (This would even include a nights B&B)

I am astounded that a group of people have never got together on a Friday evening and took the plunge returning on a Sunday, this Weekend would be an ideal time to go :clap:

It does not even have to be people from the SE, I am sure a group of people from as far away as the Midland :lol: (80 Miles) Could make a Team or even buddy up with a few from the SE.

What is stopping you guys ?? I dont get it, everyone is moaning about the lack of Storms yet they are literally only 200 Miles away pretty much on every day, Storms WONT Come to you.

A for instance if we stayed in DFW this year hoping for Storms we would not have had 1 single flash of Lightning. It may look like there are Storms every day in the US But you can bet your dollar some places over there have not had a single storm this year as well.

Paul S

I have just booked a storm chase for Spain just after the BBQ...cant wait any longer :)

and yes Im going to get into hopping over the channel in the future... :D

Ive given up my drink for more chase holidays

doesnt cost much to get to France or Spain

Edited by Paul Sherman

Posted

Haven't made a post for so long on here, there has been very little to talk about especially in my part of the world. Have been keeping an eye on discussions though. Looks like a decent chance int he next few days for a few people and a possible MCS at some point, probably for eastern parts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

One of the things I have never ever got on Netweather over the Summer Months is why people dont club together and "hop" across the Channel. There were Storms last weekend, and again Midweek, Yesterday evening had some Storms within 75 Miles of the NW French Coast, they are forecasted AGAIN Today, and Tomorrow and AGAIN On Sunday.

How hard can it be for 4 people to put in £20 each for the Ferry & Petrol and spend a day or even 2 days if you want to push the boat out and fork out £50 for the 2 days (This would even include a nights B&:)

I am astounded that a group of people have never got together on a Friday evening and took the plunge returning on a Sunday, this Weekend would be an ideal time to go :lol:

It does not even have to be people from the SE, I am sure a group of people from as far away as the Midland :p (80 Miles) Could make a Team or even buddy up with a few from the SE.

What is stopping you guys ?? I dont get it, everyone is moaning about the lack of Storms yet they are literally only 200 Miles away pretty much on every day, Storms WONT Come to you.

A for instance if we stayed in DFW this year hoping for Storms we would not have had 1 single flash of Lightning. It may look like there are Storms every day in the US But you can bet your dollar some places over there have not had a single storm this year as well.

Paul S

The storms over France may well be impressive and even dangerous, but they will be nothing, NOTHING compared to the storm that will erupt the moment I walk back into the house after a jaunt across the channel, starting with the words "WHERE THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN??!!"......I think the reply "Sorry sweetheart, I just popped down the shop for a packet of 20 bensons" is not going to cut the mustard.......lol..............*sigh* one day, maybe one day

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

The storms over France may well be impressive and even dangerous, but they will be nothing, NOTHING compared to the storm that will erupt the moment I walk back into the house after a jaunt across the channel, starting with the words "WHERE THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN??!!"......I think the reply "Sorry sweetheart, I just popped down the shop for a packet of 20 bensons" is not going to cut the mustard.......lol..............*sigh* one day, maybe one day

agreed lol... That rain over ireland seems to be getting stronger, looks like something is developing at the south east of it.

Edited by Vortex_Liam

Posted

So Brogdale (near Faversham, Kent) which recorded 38.5C on 10 Aug 2003 (hottest ever temp in the UK since records began) reached a 32.5C today apparently.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Have issued a storm forecast for tomorrow, have included a slight risk of severe storms for S & W Ireland, though this dependant on cloud breaking with insolation, more general risk of isolated weak embedded storms for N Ireland and later on into early Sunday for S Scotland and N England:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=61540c4a4eac8867ee40e7af85c1067f

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

might there be storms imported from n-france a head of cold front on saturday night for SE and maybe other areas?

Posted

The most impressive thundery looking sky I have seen here for ages this morning.

No towers but full of Squid looking clouds everywhere..

There is a huge monster exploding over France this morning on the infra red

http://www.sat24.com/fr

If I wasnt working today and had the spare cash I would travel to France for some electrical night lightning

euro tunnel £39.???

around about..

From Folkstone to Calais

2 hrs from here to Dover...2 hrs deep in to France

Need to buy a cheap reliable run around for Storm chasing for the continent.

must do this next year......anyone interested...the more the cheaper it will be....drop me a PM

go it alone if I have to....The French and Spanish storms are spectacular compared to the UK

Edited by Pat Carter