Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

dogs32

Posted

Sorry to stick with the OT topic,

Dogs, it's not your computer, happened to me yesterday as well, the refresh is taking forever

Back on topic, Wonder how it will develop, I see the overnight run has developed 2 intense regions of CAPE, one in the Bristol, Gloucester, Cotswolds area, (probably skirt round Cheltenham though :lol: ) and one for Western East Anglia, Peterborough, Leicester area. Brings back the 12:00 run potential which was severely degraded on the pub run

no problem.../did happen on and off for 3 days...kept double posting..

anyway Paul says its fixed ;)

yes bulls eye capital..

Good times could be ahead..

I am excited but wont get down if it doesnt happen after seeing the mega storms on Storm Chase..

nothing here can dissapoint me anymore :D hence the lack of posts in The No Storms Club...

Though I hope people like jane ,Lynxus Twister and such alike ect have a good Storm as they havent seen much for some quite time....

This weekend is where the NetWeather radar will be watched in great detail...Hail the NW radar :)

Its going to happen at some point....lets hope its this weekend and not crappy TS with about 20 bolts,I wont even get in the car for this :lol:

Coast keep us all updated :hi:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

well my storm risk forecasted for sunday has now gone from 51% 13:00 and 41% the next time after down to a measly 0%.

i hope it goes up again as the charts get closer to sunday.

Down here on the South coast we used to get some cracking storms but now we are lucky if we get one or two,but im guessing that seems to be the same

in other places too.

Whats happened to the spanish plumes in the last few years? el nino/nina?

Posted

Maybe harry if we put all our hoovers on down here we may be able to suck em across the channel!!! lol

Edited by r6 steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The concentratation of the storms does look like it will be focused on Eastern areas of the U.K. according to GFS's latest update, which is where the highest CAPE values look to be.

Why did I have to fill my hopes up so much for yesterday? :D

Suppose still time for modifications, though, and is good news for the East who are looking forward to another storm/heavy showers.

If it wasnt for us, the East would have much fewer storms. This year has been a disaster so for storms. Absoloutley nothing notable yet. I hope we see something but i dont think anywhere has done particularly well this year except Lincolnshire!

It seems over the last few years, the less thundery weather we have in Summer, the snowier it seems to be the following winter. :lol:

Posted

Why did I have to fill my hopes up so much for yesterday? :lol:

Or indeed feel they are dashed today? :D

Saturday night is when to start getting excited or downhearted, now we are just looking at slight possibilities!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Aha! That's a brilliant idea, man. I'll make the worlds largest vacuum cleaner, and then suck up any storms that develop to the East and bring over to the West Midlands (unless the GFS next run Western-o-fies the storms first).:lol:

Edit: Looking at Coast's latest reply, I think I will wait until Saturday, to decide whether it is worth building that vacuum cleaner.

If it wasnt for us, the East would have much fewer storms. This year has been a disaster so for storms. Absoloutley nothing notable yet. I hope we see something but i dont think anywhere has done particularly well this year except Lincolnshire!

It seems over the last few years, the less thundery weather we have in Summer, the snowier it seems to be the following winter. :D

Oh yeah, never thought about that, but that does seem to be the case. And to think both thundery and snowy weather are some of my most favourite weather scenarios.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

The heat/humidty combined with high pollen levels and an incredibly hot room at night is really starting to get on my nerves now. Here's hoping for some storms to cool things down. :D

Posted

well i guess i better start to believe in god now as all i have seem to have left is to prey! and prey i shall!

wasnt getting my hopes up anyway nothing ever happens down here now

Edited by r6 steve

Posted

Maybe harry if we put all our hoovers on down here we may be able to suck em across the channel!!! lol

:lol: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::D

stop it I can't stop laughing, I reckon a Dyson hoover will do the job single handed....

Posted

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

stop it I can't stop laughing, I reckon a Dyson hoover will do the job single handed....

You know the answer to all our problems - simply silt up the Channel! That way, the storms won't keep either dying as they cross the Channel or being deflected towards BeNeLux. :D

Posted

Can't say I am overly surprised that things are now trending towards the Easterners....yet again! Like all things in life that have an air of predictability about them, this seemingly endlessly repeating scenario is proving to be annoying and frankly tedious.....Yep I am being an IMBY, Im guilty, but having not heard so much as a rumble this year, its getting increasingly difficult to feel anything other than frustrated when the same places get one after another after another ala 2009...and it looks at the moment like the pattern is repeating itself.

There is nothing worse than enduring heat and humidity, only to experience nothing at the end of it. Of course things might still change and I could end up having to swallow a huge slice of humble pie, but I cant say I would put anyone else's money on it, never mind my own.

Posted

Atm I would say the south coast is unlikely to see any storms

Nothing changes.. but thanks for the updates Nick :lol:

CarlLH44 I feel your pain, I really do. This year has been appalling for convection here. We haven't even really had a heavy convective shower yet this year!!

'Id actually like to experience some very warm conditions, but we seem to be getting endless sea breezes here a few miles inland when other places around here, even right on the coast don't have them and are 25C like yesterday, or the general flow is different yet we are one of the only places that still get them (like today), they also kill my convection :D

I'd eat as much humble pie as I would need to to see a storm!

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

You know the answer to all our problems - simply silt up the Channel! That way, the storms won't keep either dying as they cross the Channel or being deflected towards BeNeLux. :D

I will get the dredgers ready and barges, Full steam ahead ..... :lol: :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

:rofl: Now there is one, imaginative chap!! :clap:

Edited by Harry

Posted

Please use this thread to talk in general terms about storms past and present. Convective discussion will remain a more focused thread to look at the potential for any storms on their way or imminent(or not..)

Cheers! :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Does it look like us in south wales will miss out again?? shame really, it will be exactly a year tomorrow i think since our last proper storm! Yesterday we had a storm risk for sunday of 71%, yet today 0%! Wish i lived back in Norwich, the east always do much better than here :clap:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

unknw.gifunknw.gifunknw.gifgfs is my fav but its getting a little confusing...up and down like a yo..yo

really cant wait until saturday see what the models let out... im sure some of us will be suprised at the weekend smile.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

i would imagine your sea breezes come straight up the river exe which is why they come inland!

Yes, were in the next valley east which is a smaller river but I imagine its a similar effect.

I'd support silting up the channel as that would solve all these problems, as well as a few hoovers and that might do the trick!:clap:

Posted

Yes, were in the next valley east which is a smaller river but I imagine its a similar effect.

I'd support silting up the channel as that would solve all these problems, as well as a few hoovers and that might do the trick!:rofl:

excellent! Let's get a petition set up :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

if the GFS cant make up its mind then why is this ?

updated 4times a day, but if it was twice a day we would not know about a couple of runs...and would they be the two runs we want or not..smile.gif

Posted

For a bit of fun can someone do them risk map areas they normally do when there's a bit of convection due :rofl: , sunday looks ok for eastern areas :clap: .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

For a bit of fun can someone do them risk map areas they normally do when there's a bit of convection due :rofl: , sunday looks ok for eastern areas :clap: .

With a bit of help from a NW radar image, the risk is as follows....

Red Area: Strong to severe thunderstorms, with large rotation, huge hail, wedge F5's, cats & dogs & kitchen sinks.

Blue Area: Thunderstorms, old chap??.....You must be joking!! (I'm in the blue area, of course)

post-4149-12773865285799_thumb.png