Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ufos - What's Out There?

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Seen anything unusual in the sky that you just cant make out what it was? discuss it here.

your thoughts...are we alone?...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Many years ago i was watching the stars directly above , they all looked the same apart from varied brightness, when a star (thats what it looked like before it shot off!) suddenly went high speed vertical up and out into space! it was totally stationary before it moved as i thought it was a star.

From that night i knew what i saw was something special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm not in anyway disputing what you saw nimbilus, however I had a similar experience.

I was actually watching a meteor shower when I saw a similar thing - something very small moving in a straight line across the sky...I watched more intently and then it changed direction sharply...very odd I thought! I kept my eye on it and then it struck me......................it turned out I was watching an insect buzzing over my head :wallbash::rofl::D

Posted

I rember when I was 10 years old, me and my old man had been to Grandways supermarket (showing my age there :crazy: ) my dad had a Crappy white mazda 262, we were unloading the boot of groceries. It was a perfectly clear still night with a thick frost and half moon. On the horizon I spotted a very very fast moving what I thaught was a bright shooting star, it went straight overhead and dissapeared behind the oppisit horizon. I'd say it was less than 3 seconds horizon to horizon. My dad saw it too, we were both baffled as to what it was. A few moments later exsactly the same thing again, same position, brightness and speed as if it had done a loop of the globe. Thats puzzled me to this day and I'll definately never forget it! :good:

When I was in Italy in 2008 I was outside and the sun was setting. But something right above me caught my eye a very slow moving dark grey object it was moving too slow to be a plane and very low down too and it didnt make a noise. Suddenly it stopped I saw it and a few others so I went to get me camera to zoom in but when I came back within 10 seconds it had vanished.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If by 'out there' you mean from outer space, then I suspect the answer might be nothing...If, however, we're on about airborne things that peeps cannot understand, then I think there must be myriad things...I've seen some myself!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I find it funny when people automatically assume by UFO that you mean aliens, because "Unidentified Flying Object" just means you weren't sure or didn't know what it was. Most incidents can be explained, and after that time they are no longer UFO's. I doubt severely that we as a planet have had encounters with intelligent outer space beings, but we do get UFO's, as in things in the sky we cannot identify at the time. Nobody in their right mind could say yes/no as to what lies beyond our solar system, the figures say its more than likely but this could be anything from a few bacteria cells or plant or primitive life and I'm sure over these millions of years that a meteorite/comet/space dust has encroached our planet containing some of these alien cells, as that is one of the theories to support the birth of life on earth, so in a way maybe we have had aliens near our beloved planet, just not the type our minds imagine. We will more than likely never know if life exists beyond us.

Posted

UF0 may become IF0 but many are unexplained, most are weather phenomena or atmospheric optics ,others being aircraft, balloons, but some ??? like what i saw, that star went high speed vertical! just cant think what could do that.

Tell people that never saw it and they think your having a laugh,

But you no what u saw but it helps if people from different places that dont know each other saw it.

Posted

UF0 may become IF0 but many are unexplained, most are weather phenomena or atmospheric optics ,others being aircraft, balloons, but some ??? like what i saw, that star went high speed vertical! just cant think what could do that.

Tell people that never saw it and they think your having a laugh,

But you no what u saw but it helps if people from different places that dont know each other saw it.

Tell me, were you lying on your back looking up at the stars or anything....what way did you look to the sky, what angle etc? What time of day was it and can you remember the date?

Posted

I have just turned 40 yrs old, my take on this type of subject had always been 'I will believe it when I see it'.

I live in Heywood, Lancs. Ashworth Valley is a part of Heywood renowned for its outstanding beauty, and is a place I regularly go to practice my photography.

In August of 2009 whilst up Ashworth Road, as I was getting back into my car I saw something no more than 50 yards from me about 30 feet from the ground. My first reaction was to take a photograph, as I did so it started to make a loud mechanical whirring sound but did'nt appear to be moving anywhere. Adrenaline pumping, I just remember thinking I want to get out of here and go home. I still have the photo and have no intentions of sharing it until I see something similar. I don't know what it was I saw that night but seeing is believing.

Does anyone remember the Alan Godfrey encounter in 1980? He did a TV documentary last year I think, for anyone who may need a more reliable source of information regarding this subject watch it.

If the link does not work just type Alan Godfrey into YouTube.

Posted

REPLY-TO-The Watcher

its interesting you ask this about angle as its quite inportant, anyway it was dark and early evening about 14or15yrs ago i really cant remember ,i was standing looking directly above me exact , all stars no other noticable light, but its when one star went straight up high speed (thought it was a star until it moved) i was looking at it, it was stationary then it went off !

REPLY-TO-Supertree, amazing story! Must of been quite nervy up there ,the photo is your proof!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

For those of you who are realy seeking answers, to those of you who are just out to prove everyone wrong. This is a web site worth looking at http://www.uk-ufo.co.uk/

I am a believer that everyone could keep their 'EYES TO THE SKIES' :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Tod/Hebden are strange places for sure!!! When i lived up Cornholme (up the hillside from the road where Mr G. got taken) the locals were full of tales of weird happenings including herds of cows being moved ,overnight ,from one side of the vally to the other!

The area is Millstone grit and riddled with faults (as the river valleys attest to) so pressure on the quartz can't be discounted as a reason for some of the strange lights we see around here.

Hebden ,being poulated by 60's Hippies and now their grown up kids, have other reasons for seeing strange things at night.........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

An area I have been visiting for many years is the Taro valley in NW Italy, 30 plus years ago it was very rural with little light polution, this has unfortunately changed somewhat of late. Anyway, the people in this part of Italy were very traditional, hard working and somewhat closed minded, and yet UFO sightings up in the mountains were and still are a regular occurance. Orange balls of light moving around at ground level and spinning discs that are clearly visible on a clear night that just dissapear or move away very fast. I have seen spinning type UFO myself out there, the best one was when I was 15, it was very low in the sky and stationary, it then moved so fast that if I had blinked I would have missed it entirely, these things what ever they are don't seem to want to hang around too long!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

I saw something very strange about 5 weeks ago when I was playing golf. It looked about the same size as a baloon but it was shiny black and had a flashing light on it. It moved really quickly but made absolutely no noise. Then again I saw something 2 nights ago which was really strange. These orange balls/orbs were travelling across the sky at some speed but once again they made no noise whatsoever. There were two flying togtether and then in 5 minutes intervals another 2 came flying past individually. They didn't seem to be flying that high either, proably about the same height as a helicopter. I cannot understand or even think what these things could be. Any ideas?

PS nimbilus I have seen the same thing with the rapidly moving star on numerous occasions however I have done some research on it and it seems that it is merely an illusion on the eye.

Edited by WhiteXmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

<br />I have just turned 40 yrs old, my take on this type of subject had always been 'I will believe it when I see it'.<br />I live in Heywood, Lancs. Ashworth Valley is a part of Heywood renowned for its outstanding beauty, and is a place I regularly go to practice my photography.<br />In August of 2009 whilst up Ashworth Road, as I was getting back into my car I saw something no more than 50 yards from me about 30 feet from the ground. My first reaction was to take a photograph, as I did so it started to make a loud mechanical whirring sound but did'nt appear to be moving anywhere. Adrenaline pumping, I just remember thinking I want to get out of here and go home. I still have the photo and have no intentions of sharing it until I see something similar. I don't know what it was I saw that night but seeing is believing.<br />Does anyone remember the Alan Godfrey encounter in 1980? He did a TV documentary last year I think, for anyone who may need a more reliable source of information regarding this subject watch it.  http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJiwS6YMtk<br />If the link does not work just type Alan Godfrey into YouTube.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

If you had the photo, you would of sent it into the news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I saw something very strange about 5 weeks ago when I was playing golf. It looked about the same size as a baloon but it was shiny black and had a flashing light on it. It moved really quickly but made absolutely no noise. Then again I saw something 2 nights ago which was really strange. These orange balls/orbs were travelling across the sky at some speed but once again they made no noise whatsoever. There were two flying togtether and then in 5 minutes intervals another 2 came flying past individually. They didn't seem to be flying that high either, proably about the same height as a helicopter. I cannot understand or even think what these things could be. Any ideas?

PS nimbilus I have seen the same thing with the rapidly moving star on numerous occasions however I have done some research on it and it seems that it is merely an illusion on the eye.

Yes, these are the orange orbs I keep hearing about when in Italy, one was very low and was seen hovering over this small mountain church, the 2 kids who saw it got such a fright that they just legged it. Anyone know anything more about these orange orb things?

Posted

Then again I saw something 2 nights ago which was really strange. These orange balls/orbs were travelling across the sky at some speed but once again they made no noise whatsoever. There were two flying togtether and then in 5 minutes intervals another 2 came flying past individually. They didn't seem to be flying that high either, proably about the same height as a helicopter. I cannot understand or even think what these things could be. Any ideas?

Sounds like Chinese Lanterns to me. Very popular at parties/weddings at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Your first couple of sightings of the 'chinese lantern' type paper hot air ballons can look very spooky at night!

Just remember to add them to the list of what it may be you are seeing!

Posted

I know it sounds like I'm doubting, but I'm not. I feel life does exist somewhere else, but I just don't think it has reached us yet. We've so many things we don't understand about our own planet that could explain quite alot if not all occurences of UFO activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

mine goes back to the summer of 1978 when i was 11 years old...i was camping with my best friend in my back garden as you do when you are 11..anyways we got up at daybreak to do some scrumping and not get caught as you do :rolleyes: as we wondered out of the drive we both notice a silver object moving back and forwards between two clouds..i cant remember how long it did this but must have been for a couple of minutes before it shot of at what seemed like great speed.

It definetly wasnt a plane as it made no noise..or any kind of balloon because it moved so fast..i never seen any such thing since..and to be honest i didnt think that much of it at the time just the fact it was a bit weird but maybe those things happened around daybreak..it wasnt until maybe a couple years later that i thought that maybe there was something more to what i had seen.

Im not really a UFO buff or anything so i only ever recall this story if someone mentions UFOs etc..needless to say we robbed some apples that day!! :D

Posted

I'll tell you what I feel is a strange thing.

If a race from a distant planet can get all the way to earth in a vessel of some sort - don't you think they would have the simple technology to turn all the flashing lights off while they carry out their covert surveillance????? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I'll tell you what I feel is a strange thing.

If a race from a distant planet can get all the way to earth in a vessel of some sort - don't you think they would have the simple technology to turn all the flashing lights off while they carry out their covert surveillance????? :)

Health and safety regs get everywhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sounds like Chinese Lanterns to me. Very popular at parties/weddings at the moment.

Thanks for that, Andy...An explanation of what I saw, at last! :good:

That aside, the biggest question I have respecting so-called Alien Abductions etc, is: WHY???

Why travel millions of lightyears through hyperspace, foldspace, the galactic tachyon-net or whatever...just to stick things up people of low IQ??? :unknw:http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/help.gif