Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ufos - What's Out There?

ZONE 51

Posted

Just thinking about some planets that we know, that what conditions are their ,with toxic gases that nothing would be able to live in, and the icy planets and the roasting ones, we know the that the atmosphere is to toxic in some known planets ,and the surface on others is to cold to hot and dry or just to hot for any lifeforms, but what about under the surface?

Surely you mean toxic to human life and we wouldn't be able to live there?

It's slim-non nothing else exists across that vast plethora, but reaching it and discovering it is simply impossible.

And the Earth is flat and the sun orbits the Earth.....my point being it's impossible given our current technology and understanding of physics,that's not so say humans couldn't be capable of it within three generations...or indeed another species that's eons older than ours already can.

That said maybe it's simply Earth's location,on a outer spiral arm....if an Alien species had developed Galactic travel capability why come here?

I offer a scenario...you won a Lear jet...sitting on the take off strip you ask the family where in the world they'd like to go...Grand Canyon,Uluru ,Barbados?...and the final consensus was Whitley Bay!...who can blame those little green men?..a small, poisoned,polluted planet swarming with humans

Edited by hannegan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Surely you mean toxic to human life and we wouldn't be able to live there?

That as well PP , as scientists have anaylzed the conditions with either probes(mars) and special sat images to show what the atmosphere contains. but they haven't been underground! maybe caves ,could be water far down. Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The sheer size of the known universe might suggest that advanced civilizations could be hundreds if not thousands of light years apart making contact impossible ever, however, the law of averages suggest that in taking the sheer age of the universe 13 billion years plus, verses the earth age 5 billion years, there might well have been countless civilizations flourishing at any given point in time, the famous 'Drakes equation' suggest this.....as to why contact has never been made?.....my two pennies are as follows....reason 1: The sheer distance involved makes contact improbable....reason 2: advanced intelligence on our planet capable of interpreting an alien contact has only been around for less than a billionth of the planet's history, thus the chances of an alien civilization being at the correct stage of technical & scientific advancement to visit our planet and for the human race to be able to detect their visitation is very remote.....reason 3...to an alien civilization, our planet may be as unimportant to paraphrase Jodie Foster in the film 'contact' 'as a microbe on an ant hill in africa is to us'.....reason 4....once an alien civilization reaches certain advancements in technology, they self destruct, such as war, scientific experiement gone wrong etc......

regarding earlier points about it being impossible to reach the nearest extra solar star systems due to lack of technology, that's not strictly true....We do have the technology to reach the stars, The much mooted Projects' Orion & Daedelus designed in the 70's and which could be technically built today, if built, would result in spacecraft capable of at least 10% of light speed (19000 miles per second)....The reasons they have not been built are twofold........1) It's prohibitively expensive, trillions of dollars, no government on the planet could afford it, and 2) These spacecraft for means of propulsion require the detonation of nuclear devices in space, which is banned under the 1968 Geneva convention

and lastly, on a more humorous level, isn't it obvious why UFO'S & alien visitations aren't real?? They've all watched the space horror film 'Event Horizon' on intergalactic TV, and afterwards thought "Faster than light space travel?......BUGGER THAT!" ....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

As I have said Alien life ? YES

Visiting us, Why the F?

why not just remotely sense us?

by the time we're worth talking to we'll be able to visit them for a natter!

regarding earlier points about it being impossible to reach the nearest extra solar star systems due to lack of technology, that's not strictly true....We do have the technology to reach the stars, The much mooted Projects' Orion & Daedelus designed in the 70's and which could be technically built today, if built, would result in spacecraft capable of at least 10% of light speed (19000 miles per second)....The reasons they have not been built are twofold........1) It's prohibitively expensive, trillions of dollars, no government on the planet could afford it, and 2) These spacecraft for means of propulsion require the detonation of nuclear devices in space, which is banned under the 1968 Geneva convention

Some good points made in your post AJ...re: existing technologies however I referred more to there being a practical means at this moment in time to ' visit the stars '.The methods you suggest would be like visiting Perth from Blackpool using public transport...admittedly your suggested mode of travel would be less time consuming and cheaper...and you'd encounter fewer alien life forms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Good post AJ ,very interesting points their.

Imagine a spacecraft that we sent to travel across the universe at the speed of light, it would most likely be a one way journey, but the data would return, beamed back to us, this would get to us at some point, i think sending probes(like they have done on mars) is they way to go, get a small craft with 2xlight speed outthere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Is the Universe teeming with life? Probably yes, but no-one on this planet knows???

The thing about all those Alien Abduction stories raises other questions:Is Einstein's theory of General Relativity wrong? And, is FTLT a real possibility?

The answer to both those questions is, I suspect, no!

Posted

Good point PT.

If a craft had been here from another world at night, i wonder what it/they would think of the masses of lights in the citys, could this be why most u.f.o's have been seen in the countryside or deserted areas, with a lone person witnessing something, if a craft flew over a city many would see it,(this has happened) but i mean low or big enough, and slow enough to see its a spacecraft.

Posted

when the aircraft ban was on because of the the iceland volcanic eruption.i saw a big bright light fly over me from west to east low in the sky it was about half 3 in the morning(i was letting the dogs out) i even woke my gran to see it. and i dont think it was a satalite seemed to low in the sky

Posted

How fast was it moving? (W.k above post).

Posted

W.K does sound like a craft rather then a natural object ,can you remember what colour was the light, how big was the area of light(give example object size..penny, car headlight..) .

i think it didnt know about the aircraft ban, or it might be volcanic ash resistant, if not depends how low it was ,as the ash was high up.

During the ban i did not see anything at all.

i wonder how many u.f.o reports were made during the ban...

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Posted

W.K does sound like a craft rather then a natural object ,can you remember what colour was the light, how big was the area of light(give example object size..penny, car headlight..) .

i think it didnt know about the aircraft ban, or it might be volcanic ash resistant, if not depends how low it was ,as the ash was high up.

During the ban i did not see anything at all.

it was a bright white light and i would say if i had put a 5p coin up to it the coin would of covered it

Edited by willkani

Posted

W.K you have seen a u.f.o ,cool. Being a bit more Serious though a real u.f.o is an object even the ministry of defence cant say what it was, if an unknown spacecraft from space was detected by the goverment, and the public witnessed it, then it would not be hidden records, because we would want answers and info, but any craft that has landed in an area of say a desert and taken to a base, would we be told?

dont think we would, imagine the headline" Alien Spacecraft found in desert, occupants found alive on board" !

Edited by nimbilus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

If you want to find out if it was the international space station you can locate the stations location at that point in time using the NASA website. Sounds to me like it might have been so. Don't forget there were still some flights during the ban, even some fighter jets gathering data from the ash. The only way to find out what it might/could have been or if it was indeed a U.F.O is to start eliminating the possibilities. Likes of planes, balloons, satellites/space station, ball lightning, venus (queen of UFOS) she always gets mistaken for a UFO...etc.

Posted

Yes im sure thats the best thing to do, if you want to confirm its a spaceship from another world!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I was trawling the net trying to find out the last time an ice bridge formed between Scotland and Iceland when I cam across this:

http://www.indymediascotland.org/node/94?showcomments&page=0#comment-nid-5528

It's a few years old so apologies if you've seen it already, it made me smile...:rolleyes:

Posted

interesting si-fi story their J ,i think it would make a great movie!

I never heard about it..and maybe if its true then the aliens would have been frozen?

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

United Nations to appoint space ambassador to act as first contact for aliens visiting Earth

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1315336/United-Nations-appoint-space-ambassador-act-contact-aliens-visiting-Earth.html#ixzz10iRCdgKD

Aliens 'hit our nukes': They even landed at a Suffolk base, claim airmen

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1315339/Aliens-hit-nukes-They-landed-Suffolk-base-claim-airmen.html#ixzz10iRLlDyJ

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The sad fact is (and is it really sad?), Aliens actually will not visit Earth, there is little chance of that happening, if we summise the possibiliy that every galaxy might have 2-3 alien cvilizations, and the vast expanses in between those civilizations, then the chance of visitation is next to zero. In that sense we are alone, but advanced alien life in the cosmos, almost certain. On top of that, add a growing popularity of the theory regarden Multiverses and Hyperspace and you have potentially millions of advanced civilizations spread out throughout the space 'area'. (I hesitate to say universe now).

You only have to look at us to see that complex life is possible, but in the whole of our univerise space, it's probably quite rare.. at least that's what I subscribe to.

Posted

Accepting that the propensity to support life may be prevalent throughout our own dimensional-space, given what we are learning about the apparent abundance of water, exoplanets, Goldilock zones etc etc.

Here are my thoughts:

There are several things that may thwart us in our chance of discovering or meeting intelligent life:

1) Both intelligences must co-exist simultaneously. We have not developed to the point of interstellar travel and that's 4.54 billion years after the earth was created (6000 years if you are a creationist). We don't know how long we will survive in this elevated state of awareness, there are many ways that our term as dominant species could terminate abruptly not least of which is self destruction.

2) The most successful species to ever exist on earth was the dinosaur which frankly, eclipses our own timescale to insignificance. As far as we know, dinosaurs did not evolve higher intelligence. The equilibrium state for their stability lasted 160 million years compared to humans few thousand years at best. A ratio of 50,000:1

3) Our evolutionary path was shaped by chance events: orbital cycles, geography, volcanism, meteor strike, plate tectonics etc. which wiped out one matrix and allowed another more adapted to the new environmental order. Given those observations, it would be logical to assume (but not prove) that the dinosaur type of longevity and level of development becomes the rule and that humans are the exception.

Thus, the required overlap in existence time-frames for a meeting between intelligent life, reduces their odds very considerably.

I don't subscribe to Hawkings ideas of any intelligent alien life being less than benevolent in intent: Our survival and proliferation is a result of co-operation replacing survival of the fitest. Most technological advancements and have come through co-operating to survive wars. It follows that alien life evolving to the state of interstellar travel, have done so through similar co-operation and would realise long ago that continued existence demands nothing less than continued co-operation.

Survivable interstellar travel is not proven.

In short, I acknowledge intelligent life may exist elsewhere in our universe. However, the odds of meeting them are very, very remote.

ffO.

Edited by full_frontal_occlusion

Posted

The sad fact is (and is it really sad?), Aliens actually will not visit Earth, there is little chance of that happening, if we summise the possibiliy that every galaxy might have 2-3 alien cvilizations, and the vast expanses in between those civilizations, then the chance of visitation is next to zero. In that sense we are alone, but advanced alien life in the cosmos, almost certain. On top of that, add a growing popularity of the theory regarden Multiverses and Hyperspace and you have potentially millions of advanced civilizations spread out throughout the space 'area'. (I hesitate to say universe now).

You only have to look at us to see that complex life is possible, but in the whole of our univerise space, it's probably quite rare.. at least that's what I subscribe to.

i agree with everthing you say great post.i believe advanced alien life is out there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

i agree with everthing you say great post.i believe advanced alien life is out there

Some of the theories coming out now are mind boggling, and theories that are grounded in physics, not hokum. One of them being that there are at least two forms of each one of us perplexing to different dimensional states and time sequences, that boggles the mind it really does. But it does work in the law of physics... if the Multiverse theory was eventually proven then we might have to concede that space is in fact infinite and absolutely nothing is impossible/

Marcus Chown suggested that if you threw a ball at a wall infinity times, eventually that ball would pass right through the wall.. due to the laws of quantum physics being as far from our understanding of logic as you can get.