Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ufos - What's Out There?

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I'd go with that Pete. I cannot understand why 'Advanced Civilisations' would be so clumbsy in their 'surveillance'.

We are already finding planets around other suns and getting closer to measuring the makeup to see if they hold the ingredients for life and we've only got a couple of pieces of scrap iron outside our solar system to date.

By the time we can travel such distances I'd guess we'd have more info on the target planet than we hold about Earth today!!!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

interesting thoughts,COAST AND THE 2 POSTS AFTER.

i never said i saw a spaceship! but i cant think of anything that could look like a star ,appeared stationary then move high speed directly up and vanish!

if something dont want to be seen it wont be, but if it does it will be,

See how our visits to mars have been so invisible? NOT, see we dont hide! if life is there it be underground coz the heat.

Posted

interesting thoughts,COAST AND THE 2 POSTS AFTER.

Ah!! my post was more of a general observation on extra terrestrials. I'd love to think there are other beings who could get to earth and introduce themselves (Close Encounter stylee!) but I think if they were clever enough to travel that far, they would be too clever to let us see them until they were ready.

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Good point (coast)

What if ET sent a text! a signal would likely have been sent if they had technology like ours, i wouldnt want to travel a billion miles unless i knew were i was going or if there was somewere safe to land ,but if we have been visited they would know what its like here. just in case they have not been here , maybe if we sent a signal like picture messaging and sounds they would get an idea of what is here, maybe their seeking our attention?.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

What makes you think they would care whether we saw them or not?   If we see ants on the ground,  do we avoid stepping on them?  

There are many genuine accounts of multiple witness sightings where craft are seen, and many accounts where the craft are only seen for a certain amount of time, then to fade out or instantly dissapear.

When thousands of people (Venezuela 1970's (also witnessed by the prince and colleagues at the time, headline news in all the local papers)) witness a huge physical craft estimated to be 1000 meters long, of which three glowing disc craft emerge from underneath, circle the large craft causing them all to fade out, it gets hard to keep kidding yourself that we are the most advanced civilisation in the universe.

If people actually do some serious research on the subject they would find out there is absolutely no question that we are not alone.   i have never seen a craft i could not identify, but i have also never seen the sea of tranquility,    but i know it exists.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I saw this strange yellow orb today.....kept on appearing and disappearing.....very odd indeed....I decided to wikipedia "yellow orb" and apparently it's something called "The Sun"......Well, you learn something everyday!.........I'll fetch me coat

Posted

I saw this strange yellow orb today.....kept on appearing and disappearing.....very odd indeed....I decided to wikipedia "yellow orb" and apparently it's something called "The Sun"......Well, you learn something everyday!.........I'll fetch me coat

Sorry mate, if it is on wikipedia it is an identified object so you're off topic. Think you need the 'Learning about weather and meteorology' threads. :cray::D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
Posted

I think it's because the National Archives has released 18 'x-files' today, charting all UFOs reported in the UK from 1995 to 2003,

The Ministry of Defence intervened in a dispute between a gambler and Ladbrokes, after the betting agency refused to pay out a bet that aliens existed, the UFO files disclose.

www.telegraph.co.uk

Posted

Do U.F.O.'s really exist-in my opinion they very well might but let me put it this way-if you were a little green man would you want to try to contact the human race-they would probably shoot you first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

How's about little 'human' men sending stuff back in time to take historical images/readings for the future Wiki?

Posted

Sorry mate, if it is on wikipedia it is an identified object so you're off topic. Think you need the 'Learning about weather and meteorology' threads. :):whistling:

Nice one coldfingers! if anyone wants to take the p%?S then get off da thread..

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Do U.F.O.'s really exist-in my opinion they very well might but let me put it this way-if you were a little green man would you want to try to contact the human race-they would probably shoot you first.

U.F.O.'s do exist, your misinterpreting the phrase as being Aliens visiting. It's not meant that way, it's just something that was unidentified at the time, could've been a weather balloon that was not recorded as being released thus when someone see's it and cannot explain it/find some evidence of its release, its classed as a UFO.

It would be wrong to simply state there is nobody out there in the stars...statistically it's an almost certain fact life upon a few worlds must exist...that said if a species had conquered galactic travel then my question is this...with that amount of technical know how why would they allow themselves to be observed from Earth?If their mission was to make contact, then just land on the Whitehouse lawn and say hi!..if it were merely to observe but not interfere then surely they would be able to do that unseen...unless it's as described in the Hitch hiker's Guide to the Galaxy and they just let some poor sod see them knowing they'll be mocked that night down the local.

Edited by hannegan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Little green men are here, I've seen them.............................................on pedestrian crossings

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Oh there's got to be life out there but too be honest as an Alien would you really want to visit this planet full of squabbling silly humans.

Also if they're advance enough why send ships rather than minute items like nano robots to probe us???

There's also we a good chance we're the most advanced life form out there at present which makes you shudder really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

'Also if they're advance enough why send ships rather than minute items like nano robots to probe us???'

Who says 'they' (who ever 'they' are) havn't already done this? Only last week I believe a scientist suggested that we should be looking for artifical intelligence as well as biological life in space.

Also, we all asume that 'aliens' are going to be large enough for us to 'see' them. What about the 'aliens' which have lived on the planet from the day it began? By 'aliens' I mean life forms unknown to man until the time when they are discovered. These 'aliens' can be so small, they are only just being discovered by us 'humans.' New life forms or 'species' are being discovered everyday in the oceans, land and air. If we don't yet know our planet in it's entirity how can any of us say for sure that 'nothing' exsists eles where in the universe.

Posted

I talk to Aliens almost everyday at work. Well they seem of the planet anyway.

Posted

How's about little 'human' men sending stuff back in time to take historical images/readings for the future Wiki?

Far more likely given that aliens seem to have evolved from fish on a planet with the same gravity as Earth, the same chemistry as Earth, the same solar radiation as produced by our sun, the same atmospheric content as Earth ....... in fact identical in every manner to Earth lifeforms.

Which is about as likely as a cactus plant writing all of Shakespeare's plays. On Tuesday afternoon. Using baboon blood as ink. In Urdu.

Posted

Wasn't long ago all life had to be carbon based and needed the sun to survive. Now we know that isn't true from the the trenches in the oceans.

Posted

Interesting views. and il allow the humour!

Anyway, as we make new great discoveries here on earth, creatures in places never thought possible for anything to live, and living in the deepest oceans,the coldest, darkest and warmest places in the sea, surviving in caves with little patches of liquid, that makes us realise the same for space and planets, were discovering new planets, so who can say theres nothing living on other planets, have they checked? have they been there?

Posted

Just thinking about some planets that we know, that what conditions are their ,with toxic gases that nothing would be able to live in, and the icy planets and the roasting ones, we know the that the atmosphere is to toxic in some known planets ,and the surface on others is to cold to hot and dry or just to hot for any lifeforms, but what about under the surface?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Also, we all asume that 'aliens' are going to be large enough for us to 'see' them. What about the 'aliens' which have lived on the planet from the day it began? By 'aliens' I mean life forms unknown to man until the time when they are discovered. These 'aliens' can be so small, they are only just being discovered by us 'humans.' New life forms or 'species' are being discovered everyday in the oceans, land and air. If we don't yet know our planet in it's entirity how can any of us say for sure that 'nothing' exsists eles where in the universe.

Quite true, like I said a page back, these Aliens could be anything from minute bacteria, to big monkeys. I'm positive with all the comet and space rocks and junk that passes through our atmosphere each year, some foreign object will obtain bacteria from another place. Recently a test was done on certain bacteria found on rocks, which when tooken into space and placed outside the space station for 18 months, 90% of the bacteria survived. When returned to Earth, it thrived. Then we have the water/moisture that is on mars. Beyond our little Solar System lies 100 billion stars in our Galaxy alone, then beyond our Galaxy lies another 100 billion galaxies. It's slim-non nothing else exists across that vast plethora, but reaching it and discovering it is simply impossible.