Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ufos - What's Out There?

ZONE 51

Posted

You might also check out Graham Hancock's site;

http://www.grahamhancock.com/

I certainly find it odd that we have been around so long yet only sprinted into the technological world over the past few centuries?.

Wot? We became agriculturalists 10K years ago, invented the wheel blah thousand years ago, used and shaped stone tools for about 200000 years, have been manipulating metals since the Bronze Age, windmills have been around for gawd knows how long, milling using animals even longer, helical screws since, wot, Babylon, clockwork and clocks since about the 12th Century. Obviously since the industrial revolution the pace of change and rate of technological innovation has accelerated, but I don't find that strange, as a technological innovation can spread into other areas, and can also be the precursor to further technological innovation, and that since the invention of moveable type and the printing press (about 16thC) the dissemination of information to inquiring and inventive minds has been rapid and easy (meaning we really don't have to reinvent the wheel). Why then, should it be odd that we "sprinted" into the "technological world" over the "past few centuries" when there has been a continuing accelerationn of technogical innovation since the use of stone tools?

What is the unspoken suggestion here, in a thread about UFOs? :)

Cheers

Steve

Posted

You might also check out Graham Hancock's site;

http://www.grahamhancock.com/

I certainly find it odd that we have been around so long yet only sprinted into the technological world over the past few centuries? When you look at a map of the land exposed during the last ice age you have to wonder what archeology resides on those old land surfaces?

Based on reputation I'd avoid Hancock and I think the explanation might be 'the exponential'?

Posted

It probably is.

probably is what?? can i just point out tht 'UFO' means 'unidentified flying object' which means its a flying object which is unidentified. it does not mean ' alien spacecraft' it means someone has seen something flying, and they dont know what it is!!!!!!!

Posted

and dont argue with me about it because i know the Cylons and i will get them to sort you out! i also have a dalek in my shed and i will tell him where you live. bear in mind, he also knows the cybermen, so dont think you can just go upstairs to avoid him!!! not to mention my TIE fighter in the garage, ready and armed!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It probably is.

So I gatther that you also know whence it came and precisely which Quantum Slipstream Device it's powered by?

And all that from an unclear blob, spot or blemish on a film. Trully amazing!

Posted

and dont argue with me about it because i know the Cylons and i will get them to sort you out! i also have a dalek in my shed and i will tell him where you live. bear in mind, he also knows the cybermen, so dont think you can just go upstairs to avoid him!!! not to mention my TIE fighter in the garage, ready and armed!!!

Looks like your arguing with yourself :rofl:

Posted

Looks like your arguing with yourself :rofl:

sarcasm is wasted on you...

Posted

Ancient aliens last sunday night showed a UFO by Eyjavjallajokull volcano,looks like they are monitoring the natural disasters.

History channel has a whopping line up tomorrow.

6pm UFO hunters.

Stories of UFO sightings and alien abductions.

7.00 UFO files.

8.00 Ancient aliens.

9.00 UFO hunters.

Investgating an unusual object spotted over a Chicago airport.

10.00 Ancient aliens.

11.00 UGO files

12.00 Anicient aliens

1.00 UFO files

2.00 True horror:Dracula

That`ll be worth a watch at 2am.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Ancient aliens last sunday night showed a UFO by Eyjavjallajokull volcano,looks like they are monitoring the natural disasters.

History channel has a whopping line up tomorrow.

6pm UFO hunters.

Stories of UFO sightings and alien abductions.

7.00 UFO files.

8.00 Ancient aliens.

9.00 UFO hunters.

Investgating an unusual object spotted over a Chicago airport.

10.00 Ancient aliens.

11.00 UGO files

12.00 Anicient aliens

1.00 UFO files

2.00 True horror:Dracula

That`ll be worth a watch at 2am.

Or - and far more likely - someone with plenty of spare time and photoshop is making hoaxes?

My God, there's a load of crap on TV, these days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Or - and far more likely - someone with plenty of spare time and photoshop is making hoaxes?

My God, there's a load of crap on TV, these days!

I am sorry, but I find your comment very offensive. Would you mind having some respect for other people who have had genuine experiences and have their own beliefs about this subject please? Also, why bother looking at this thread at all if you so obviously know all the answers and believe it all to be a waste of time?

Posted

I am sorry, but I find your comment very offensive. Would you mind having some respect for other people who have had genuine experiences and have their own beliefs about this subject please? Also, why bother looking at this thread at all if you so obviously know all the answers and believe it all to be a waste of time?

Sorry, if you want to take my comments that way...

But, what's wrong with suggesting scenarios that are statistically more likely (even if less exciting) than others? Oddly though, I don't feel 'offended' by your personal abhorrence of my scepticism. But, are you suggesting that, just because you 'believe' that UFOs are from Outer Space, no-one else is allowed to doubt it? If so, that would, IMO, be political correctness gone utterly mad!

But, for what it's worth, I don't rule out the possibility. I cannot. It's against my philosophy...But to shout ALIENS every time something airborne is deemed 'unidentified' seems a tad narrow-minded to me...Especially given the fact that by-far the vast majority of 'sightings' turn out to be errors in perception...

PS: Is this topic only for use by 'believers'?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Sorry, if you want to take my comments that way...

But, what's wrong with suggesting scenarios that are statistically more likely (even if less exciting) than others? Oddly though, I don't feel 'offended' by your personal abhorrence of my scepticism. But, are you suggesting that, just because you 'believe' that UFOs are from Outer Space, no-one else is allowed to doubt it? If so, that would, IMO, be political correctness gone utterly mad!

But, for what it's worth, I don't rule out the possibility. I cannot. It's against my philosophy...But to shout ALIENS every time something airborne is deemed 'unidentified' seems a tad narrow-minded to me...Especially given the fact that by-far the vast majority of 'sightings' turn out to be errors in perception...

PS: Is this topic only for use by 'believers'?

Comments like 'God there is a lot of crap on Tv' suggests that the UFO programmes being advertised were just 'crap' does not promote 'open minded' discussions. It places ideas and peoople into boxes. By the way, where did you get the idea that I believe that UFOs were from Outer Space? Another example of a sweeping, generalised comment. For your information I do not believe all UFOs are from out of space. Thank you!

Posted

If we're on about statistics here's one: In the 50's and 60's when the cold war was at it's height, far fewer people owned cameras and most did not walk around with one all day. Yet the number of UFO photographs produced during that era exponetiated. And here we are today with digital cameras contained in every mobile phone of which there are now over 5 billion worldwide and still not one credible, unambiguous image. Why is that?

Personally, I believe in aliens - it's the most plausible reason for my socks ending up in my son's wardrobe on washday.

ffO

Posted

I admit it. I probably shouldn't have said anything about people's favorite TV programmes. I didn't realize they mean so much to people. I must be getting out-of-touch; for which, I apologize!

Anyhoo, back to UFOs. :D

Posted

I think so many years later it is acceptable for me to mention a project I was once involved in. My task was to study the feasibility of converting a very large tank ship into a launch and recovery vessel for an experimental space vehicle, which can be found on Wikipedia, namely the Rotary Rocket.

Because of commercial secrecy few people knew about Rotary Rocket, and yet the thing took numerous test flights in the USA. I am sure many people must have seen it buzzing about and asked what on earth it was. I just wonder how many other clandestine projects take place, but being clandestine, perhaps we'll never know.

Posted

I admit it. I probably shouldn't have said anything about people's favorite TV programmes. I didn't realize they mean so much to people. I must be getting out-of-touch; for which, I apologize!

Anyhoo, back to UFOs. :D

How about the X files the closet match,I didn`t watch much of it,did see the movies the first was the best.

http://www.squidoo.com/the-x-files-fact-or-fiction

Signs the movie had crop circles.

It was creepy for that type of movie.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Facts are there has been no proof Extra-terrestrials have visited here, because they almost certainly have not (by E-T's I mean advanced multi-cellular organisms, not amino acids travelling around space on rocks.

Of course that doesn't mean there are no E-T's out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Okay so while at a music festival on saturday my friend noticed something weird in the sky. There were some white dots floating around very high up. I was pretty sure they were sky divers and we counted about 15 of them. I watched them for around about 15 mins but they did not appear to get any lower and then completly dissapeared. Im not suggesting it was anything out of the ordinary realy. Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Okay so while at a music festival on saturday my friend noticed something weird in the sky. There were some white dots floating around very high up. I was pretty sure they were sky divers and we counted about 15 of them. I watched them for around about 15 mins but they did not appear to get any lower and then completly dissapeared. Im not suggesting it was anything out of the ordinary realy. Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on this.

Was it possibly a flock of birds? Some emigrating birds will fly at very high altitudes (30,000 feet). If they were in some kind of form, then it adds credence to this theory perhaps.

Posted

Last time I had my eyes tested, the optician advised me about something she called "floaters". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Seeing how these are specific to individuals it seems improbable that several people could share the same experience if floaters are to blame, but then isn't there some shared belief involved in seances?

Edited by Alan Robinson

Posted

A BBC journalist has told how he was left "totally freaked out" after

seeing a UFO hovering above a field as he drove to work in the early

hours of this morning.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3731220/BBC-mans-shock-at-UFO-sighting.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Last time I had my eyes tested, the optician advised me about something she called "floaters". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Seeing how these are specific to individuals it seems improbable that several people could share the same experience if floaters are to blame, but then isn't there some shared belief involved in seances?

I know all about floaters....trust me, been plagued by them for years and never worked out the knack of getting them to flush down the toilet first time! http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted

A BBC journalist has told how he was left "totally freaked out" after

seeing a UFO hovering above a field as he drove to work in the early

That was in daily mail.

And on radio 5.

http://truthfrequencynews.com/?p=8447