Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ufos - What's Out There?

ZONE 51

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Looks like we could be in for a cold winter, then?

It could be a cold one..whats that got to do with UFOs Posted Image i like your one liners Pete!

No...But there's a 'definite' link between seagulls and snow??http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smiliz39.gif http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/good.gif

I think there is, they flock to another location when colds on its way or gales starting, off t here but i see your point.

That image does look like a seagull to me, but if anyone can come up with a reasonable explanation for it that would be good, and the two things in the distance they say are something it dropped or maybe it took off from there are yacht are they not? they look a great distance from the moving image?

http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif I have to say, and believe me if you will ! whilst camping this year at 3am in the morning I looked to the sky to take a look at the the stars, well... to my amazement it just wasen't the stars I saw ! I saw a torch like light dancing around the cloud, and just so I wasn't imagining it I woke my other half up and he confirmed this too. It was really strange. I could kick myself for not filming it now!http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/doh.gif I even saw a shooting star right underneath the cloud,and Jupiter was shining brightly at the same time.A great light show was had.http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Yes, I believe in UFO'S started reading a true story book last year but it scared me http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.png

I have seen something like this, so i know what you mean, its just getting others to believe you! although even if they did then that wont proof what you saw, filming something like that is difficult anyway as its small lights especially if there fast moving, i told my story to people and you can tell they dont believe it! im not bothered if no one believes me as i saw something facinating and i know it was there! Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

No need to be scared Jane Louise, it is a very common phenomenon.

For one thing, at sea under the right weather conditions, lighthouse beams can be seen over the horizon reflecting in cloud. Similarly, I remember the British Army using Chieftain battle tanks, which had a very powerful searchlight, and could easily light up clouds. I gather laser shows can do the same thing though I have never seen it myself.

Posted Image Alan, I should have explained better. We were in the middle of the country side, there were no army, navy or military exercises going on. I am from a military/service town so I'm aware of most stuff the military do, .( not everything mind you)

This light is so hard to explain ! it wasen't a laser either. I have read a few UFO books in my time due to finding it all fascinating, but the latest one I couldn't read was actually a true story from Gloucestershire going way back to the 60's. Our local paper here in Gloucestershire has had many reports of ufo's in the sky, apparently Gloucestershire is a good spot for ufo sightingsPosted Image .

Posted

someone needs to go spec savers thats a seagull... just when i thought the daily mail couldn't get any worse.

Did you see "Have I got news for you" last night.

They showed that pic and yes it is a seagull.

Posted

Not really a ufo story but thought i would pop it in here

'alien' filmed in brazil rainforest

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3886122/Alien-filmed-in-Brazil-rainforest.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Not really a ufo story but thought i would pop it in here

'alien' filmed in brazil rainforest

http://www.thesun.co...rainforest.html

Thats fine anything UFO/Alien goes here.

just checking it out now! looks interesting though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thats fine anything UFO/Alien goes here.

just checking it out now! looks interesting though.

interesting?...well, that's one way to describe this 'footage'...lol.....It's typical Sun newspaper garbage, more akin to the Sunday Sport...It's simply a native woman bending over whilst carrying/emptying some kind of chamber pot/water holder....The rather big clue is the fact that the locals don't seem in the slightest bit interested....unless, of course, they are aliens themselves! Posted Image

Posted

Interesting thoughts in Richard Swan's blog in the Independent today:

Twenty years ago we had no positive evidence of the existence of extrasolar planets. Now we know of 700, and the Kepler mission indicates that there may be 50 billion in our galaxy alone. Already the astrophysicist Steven Vogt has claimed that the likelihood of life existing on the unromantically named planet Gliese 581g is ‘100%’.

What would be the consequences of such a discovery, even if it were of the merest microbial life form on a planet orbiting a distant star? Our species has developed its beliefs, its cultures, its religions on the basis of our uniqueness, on the theory that the universe was designed expressly, perhaps solely, for us.

Incontrovertible proof that we are not alone would force us to re-examine all our knowledge, to build new theories of life, its origins, its diversity, perhaps its purpose. If we discover one life form we will discover many, for the universe is huge and the number of stars almost uncountable. Somewhere out there, almost certainly, would be life forms that possess intelligence recognisably like our own, for they will have developed by the same laws of evolution, bound by the same physics and chemistry that we know on Earth.

http://blogs.indepen...lone-after-all/

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I've seen loads of things in the skies that I couldn't identify but I've never seen any alien craft up close though! Most I could explain later after careful thought though as all kinds of things can distort the appearance of normal aircraft or project ground based objects in to the sky.

Most UFO sightings are very terrestrial in origin though I believe a small minority are indeed alien, perhaps one in every million or so.

Posted
We would not be told of an alien visit by any government? Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Probably not.

Best not to jump to conclusions though.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Any sighting in the skies over this country at least by pilots (regardless of faction affiliation because it is our airspace) must be reported to our civilian air traffic controllers by law, so if there was a confirmed sighting of an extraterrestrial aircraft over the UK then I imagine we would find out about it fairly quickly due to this.

Posted

A Russian woman has sparked an alien investigation after claiming she had an extra-terrestrial in her fridge

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3936580/Ive-got-an-alien-in-my-fridge.html

Posted

A Russian woman has sparked an alien investigation after claiming she had an extra-terrestrial in her fridge

http://www.thesun.co...-my-fridge.html

Whatever next!! http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Whatever next!! http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png

....well I'm sure we have all got stuff in our freezers we've forgotten about :D

Posted

....well I'm sure we have all got stuff in our freezers we've forgotten about :D

I think I'll go check mine, in fact there was some type of alien thing in there yesterday but didn't take much notice at the time . http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png

Posted

No one found out anything else out on the alien of the fridge? the difference with this one is that it does not look like your usual alien from the movies!

Posted Imagethey all look like this, even the faked ones! so who knows until its checked out then it might just be something from space..

Since they say that some bacteria may have been brought to earth piggy backing on meteorites there is no saying what which ones are home grown and which ones are ET, so I may even have some ET bacteria in my fridge, though not any nasty, I hope - you can't eliminate them altogether.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

'We are a universe crowded with life': NASA astronomers discover ANOTHER blue planet... but this time it's habitable

Astronomers have discovered the first habitable blue planet orbiting in the habitable zone of a star similar to the Sun. NASA’s Kepler Mission has been finding new worlds at an incredible rate over the past year but this is the first discovery of what could be a habitable super-earth as it appears to be large, rocky planet with a surface temperature of about 72 degrees Fahrenheit, similar to spring day on Earth. A team of researchers, including Carnegie Institute's Alan Boss, made the discovery which will be published in The Astrophysical Journal.

Earth-size planets whose orbital planes are aligned such that they periodically pass in front of their stars result in tiny dimmings of their host star’s light, dimmings that can only be measured by a highly specialized space telescope like Kepler. This discovery is the first detection of a possibly habitable world in orbit around a Sun-like star. The host star lies about 600 light-years away from us toward the constellations of Lyra and Cygnus.

The star, a G5 star, has a mass and a radius only slightly smaller than that of our Sun. As a result, the host star is about 25 per cent less luminous than the Sun. The planet orbits the G5 star with an orbital period of 290 days, compared to 365 days for the Earth, at a distance about 15 per cent closer to its star than the Earth from the Sun. This results in the planet’s balmy temperature. It orbits in the middle of the star’s habitable zone, where liquid water is expected to be able to exist on the surface of the planet. Liquid water is necessary for life as we know it, and this new planet might well be not only habitable, perhaps even inhabited.

Numerous large, massive gas giant planets have been detected previously in habitable-zone orbits around solar-type stars, but gas giants are not thought to be capable of supporting life. This new exoplanet is the smallest-radius planet discovered in the habitable zone of any star to date. It is about 2.4 times larger than that of the Earth, putting it in the class of exoplanets known as super-Earths. While the mass of this new planet is not known, it must be less than about 36 times that of the Earth, based on the absence of a measurable Doppler (radial velocity) wobble in the host star. The masses of several other super-Earths have been measured with the Doppler technique and determined to lie in the range of about 5 to 10 times that of the Earth.

Some appear to be rocky, while others probably contain major fractions of ice and water. Either way, the new planet appears to be habitable. 'This discovery supports the growing belief that we live in a universe crowded with life,' Boss said. 'Kepler is on the verge of determining the actual abundance of habitable, Earth-like planets in our galaxy'. Meanwhile scientists have started a systematic 'index' to categorise which planets might be 'habitable' - and so far, we've found 47 planets and moons that might fit the bill. The Planetary Habitability Laboratory (PHL) of the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo (UPR Arecibo) judges candidates by where they sit in their solar system, and what type they are. Most of the 700 planets so far detected are no-go zones - but 47 look promising.

Over 700 exoplanets have been detected and confirmed with thousands more still waiting further confirmation by missions such as NASA Kepler. Most of these are gas giants, similar to Jupiter and Neptune, but orbiting very dangerously close to their stars. Only a few have the right size and orbit to be considered suitable for any life. 'One important outcome of these rankings is the ability to compare exoplanets from best to worst candidates for life,' says Abel Méndez, Director of the PHL and principal investigator of the project.

The catalogue uses new habitability assessments like the Earth Similarity Index (ESI), the Habitable Zones Distance (HZD), the Global Primary Habitability (GPH), classification systems, and comparisons with Earth past and present. According to Méndez, 'New observations with ground and orbital observatories will discover thousands of exoplanets in the coming years. We expect that the analyses contained in our catalogue will help to identify, organize, and compare the life potential of these discoveries.' The catalogue lists and categorizes exoplanets discoveries using various classification systems, including tables of planetary and stellar properties.

One of the classifications divides them into eighteen mass and thermal categories, creating a table similar to a periodic table for exoplanets. Additional resources of the catalogue will include scientific visualizations and stellar maps of exoplanets. Only two confirmed exoplanets so far match the criteria for habitability in the catalogue, Gliese 581d and HD 85512b - both of which are Earthlike. However, the catalogue identifies over 15 exoplanets and 30 exomoons as potential habitable candidates.

Future observations with new instruments, such as the proposed NASA Terrestrial Planet Finder, will be necessary to confirm the suitability for life of any of these candidates. 'I hope this database will help increase interest in building a big space-based telescope to observe exoplanets directly and look for possible signatures of life,' says Jim Kasting, an expert on planetary habitability science from Penn State.

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1fkbw6olD

Posted

Since they say that some bacteria may have been brought to earth piggy backing on meteorites there is no saying what which ones are home grown and which ones are ET, so I may even have some ET bacteria in my fridge, though not any nasty, I hope - you can't eliminate them altogether.

Might be a clue about where Clarkson originated.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

cloaked UFO next to Mercury

As it's 'cloaked', I'll give it a miss...