Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Very dark here at the moment, the clouds are moving very strange with low level heading South and mid level heading East. I spotted a small funnel about 5 minutes ago but it didn't last long enough for me to find my camera :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Have fun down there with the storms

Not sure exactly where you are Stuart but there's some heavy showers moving down through S Scotland, could turn into storms soon as they move south.

I think they'll pass to the west of here down the Pennines.

Radar starting to look good now especially in southern parts of N England and north Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

:( WEATHER WARNING:excl:

These are issued when the Met Office has 80% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few hours. If warnings have been issued, click on the region affected to see more detail.

Region affectedWarning typeValid fromValid toNorth West EnglandHeavy Rain1400 Thu 122000 Thu 12Yorkshire & HumberHeavy Rain1400 Thu 122000 Thu 12East MidlandsHeavy Rain1400 Thu 122000 Thu 12

Early warnings of severe or extreme weather

These are issued when the Met Office has 60% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few days.

Risk of disruptionWarningValid fromValid toNo early warnings have been issued for the UK.

Advisory of severe or extreme weather

These advisories are issued by 1300 daily as routine, though they may be updated at other times if required. They indicate confidence of expected severe or extreme weather. Early warnings and Flash Warnings supersede advisories when confidence levels are 60% or greater.

Risk of disruptionWarningValidNo advisories have been issued for the UK.These are issued when the Met Office has 80% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few hours. If warnings have been issued, click on the region affected to see more detail.

Region affectedWarning typeValid fromValid toNorth West EnglandHeavy Rain1400 Thu 122000 Thu 12Yorkshire & HumberHeavy Rain1400 Thu 122000 Thu 12East MidlandsHeavy Rain1400 Thu 122000 Thu 12

Early warnings of severe or extreme weather

These are issued when the Met Office has 60% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few days.

Risk of disruptionWarningValid fromValid toNo early warnings have been issued for the UK.

Advisory of severe or extreme weather

These advisories are issued by 1300 daily as routine, though they may be updated at other times if required. They indicate confidence of expected severe or extreme weather. Early warnings and Flash Warnings supersede advisories when confidence levels are 60% or greater.

Risk of disruptionWarningValidNo advisories have been issued for the UK. <LI>help

document.write('');http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

Posted

Not sure exactly where you are Stuart but there's some heavy showers moving down through S Scotland, could turn into storms soon as they move south.

I think they'll pass to the west of here down the Pennines.

Radar starting to look good now especially in southern parts of N England and north Midlands.

I am in southeast scotland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

peeing it down now. Only 2 thunders and 2 flashes so far. The one and only CG I saw was when my noggin was out the window, which ironically was the highlite of the cell hahaha!! I wouldnt call this a storm, but good to hear thunder for the 1st time is a month. I only had 1 storm so far this year too... So far Im logging this in as a "day of thunder" as oppossed to a storm. Maybe something will hit me though in a few hours! Potential is the best in months! Fingers crossed for everyone to get at least some thunder today :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I am in southeast scotland

Not looking good for today then, same here, looks like the action will be west and mainly south of here.

Still I'll enjoy watching the radar/lightning detector, anything to pass the time at work!

Good luck everyone.

Posted

That cell over the north sea might just clip scarbrough !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Nice line of heavy showers/thundery showers training down from the Manchester area through Nottingham towards the SE midlands....should give some big downpours and some storms.....more scattered & lighter showers out here towards the west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Nice line of heavy showers/thundery showers training down from the Manchester area through Nottingham towards the SE midlands....should give some big downpours and some storms.....more scattered & lighter showers out here towards the west

Indeed, the wind direction was never in favour for us today tbh. Tomorrow and especially Saturday are much more favoured for us. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

How does it look for south wales for storms the next few days, does anyone know? cheers :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That line has turn electical!

Its been "electrical" for the past couple of hours!.... :( .....have you not been reading the posts in this thread?

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

How does it look for south wales for storms the next few days, does anyone know? cheers :(

Best chance for S Wales likely to be Saturday, you're just a bit too far west of the instability today and tomorrow.

Posted

Its been "electrical" for the past couple of hours!.... :( .....have you not been reading the posts in this thread?

Lol i've been reading some of them, but it has only just got some strikes on the radar :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Best chance for S Wales likely to be Saturday, you're just a bit too far west of the instability today and tomorrow.

ok thanks

Posted

Is there something you're not telling? :(

Lol, no i just have a feeling. Also that cell leaveing B'ham might just go further enough south for it to go over head or pass by!

Posted

Lol, no i just have a feeling. Also that cell leaveing B'ham might just go further enough south for it to go over head or pass by!

Judging by the wind direction it may just pass North of you, maybe not even hit my area if it lasts that long. Let's hope something bubbles up more locally!

Posted

Judging by the wind direction it may just pass North of you, maybe not even hit my area if it lasts that long. Let's hope something bubbles up more locally!

Yeah, as it passes north of me i hope it might help some new cells form!

Posted

Had some very intense showers over the last 20 minutes or so, streamers going through NW England into the midlands.

Hoping this clears for the Perseids tonight :(

Posted

Lincolnshire showing cape at 452 j/kg and LI of -2 with thunderstorms predicted

Essex showing cape at 590 j/kg and LI at -3 so maybe I'm going to get a blast this afternoon, here's hoping :(

Edited by Wet'n'Dry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

Just heard thunder here, two of them :( hope we get more later.

Posted
8) I might die if this fizzels out before if goes anywhere near me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thunder heard at 1040 g.m.t in the direction of Chesterfield.

Between 1130 and 1200 g.m.t there was a vicious little storm moving south about 8-10 miles east of me.