Hot?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

Quentin I do but they never beleive me..lol

Paul remember me telling Rentals about Storm Chase :lol:

APR 419

this year is going to go down in History.....

afraid to say huge put breaks for the unfortunate

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Good Morning all!

I hope you all have plans to make the most of the excellent weather over the weekend, from I can see there might be the odd storm Sunday and Monday for us lucky southerners!

I cant remember who from Tour 3 is going a day early? I was looking at things to do in DFW and Dallas area, and have not come up with much, any ideas? So far I think the Rodeo is my best bet if you guys are away chasing?

Also has anyone figured out a good way to mount a DSLR and HD Cam on the same tri-pod yet, I would like to buy something instead of construct it, will see what radio shack has to offer when I am there I guess?

Ahhhhh I am excited!!

:drinks:

Posted

There doesn't seem to be much about in the UK for the dual mounts for tripods. B-Hague the only online place I could find and were a bit pricey :crazy:

Posted

Hey Dave,

I'm a day early on tour three. Hadn't planned on doing much except relax with a few beers and have the batteries charged (in every sense) for the chase. You staying in Irving?

Posted

Dave the one in the States for a triple mount was very expensive...something like 70 £...............but worth the money...

But i had to make this thing up in the shop to take my 3 cameras

with all the bolts ect was expensive

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Good Morning all!

I hope you all have plans to make the most of the excellent weather over the weekend, from I can see there might be the odd storm Sunday and Monday for us lucky southerners!

I cant remember who from Tour 3 is going a day early? I was looking at things to do in DFW and Dallas area, and have not come up with much, any ideas? So far I think the Rodeo is my best bet if you guys are away chasing?

Also has anyone figured out a good way to mount a DSLR and HD Cam on the same tri-pod yet, I would like to buy something instead of construct it, will see what radio shack has to offer when I am there I guess?

Ahhhhh I am excited!!

:drinks:

Hi Dave and others interested in how to get 2 cams on one

last year i used a stereo camera bar got it from amazon.uk or ebay perhaps it was about £15 you can get metal micro adjustable one from the widescreen centre (£50 to £60) probably other cam shops

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereo-dual-camera-bracket-slide/dp/B003BPZ55Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1303463730&sr=8-1 its made of a softish plastic material but worked ok

Pat see my set up and went to a camera shop with James bought an expencive manfrotto setup he got 2 cameras and HDcam on his lightning tower :clap:

Edited by gpspete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Wow,

Thanks for the replys guys!I will give that stereo bar a go, do I need an estra bit to attach it to the tripod for it to screw on too? There is no way I could get away with 2 tripods I was slow enough with just the one!

John, yep aiming to stay in Irving, what time do you get in? I noticed the Rodeo was on on Friday night in Fort Worth!

Think all I need to do is buy some extra batteries and maybe a polarising filter for my 77mm and I am all set!!!

8)

Look what I found > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/726580-REG/Dot_Line_RS_3102_RPS_Studio_LightBar_with.html

Edited by Dave Vicary

Posted

Hey Dave , John.... one of my flight changes was that my arival time on the 20th will not be till 8pm now, evn tough i wont hav to go through customs there as they have pre clearence in DUblin now i still probably wont be doing anything other than enjoying my view from (hopefully a high floor) of my hotel ( Grand Hyatt In DWF itself ) and a nice long shower!:lazy:. , But ye i dont mind meeting up early the next morning .

As for tripods i hope to just get one in the walmart ( some1 mentioned they have some ther ) . Dont want to bring over my real heavy one that we hav here...

Cant wait to recieve my info pack in the post!, then ill start packing! ha :yahoo:

Oh and heres a great pic i found of some of the lightning out off the coast off Co.Mayo last nite ( taken by Ian Boyle )

215465_215299391814596_138162632861606_896830_2425121_n.jpg

Edited by DubWeatherAddict

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

All the bits we need to chase and stream have arrived, and this year we're pushing it a step or two further :

gallery_1056_887_48509.jpg

Add another PC, the car to car radios, some more antennas, 3 more gps dongles, 2 USA 3g/mobile dongles and that's it.

This years new bits of gadgetry are :

Cradlepoint MBR1200 wireless router with 2 3g data dongles attached for failover on the fly

Mobile phone network dual band amplifier to increase coverage and signal strength when streaming from the back of beyond

Effectively Car 2 will be hosting our own wireless network for the streaming, GRL3 and 'Streets and Maps' for navigating. With the new amplifier we should be able to get a signal pretty much anywhere (well I think it increases the range by around 40-50 miles depending on terrain)

The new set up will probably fry pigeons who stray too close and give the occupants of Car 2 a decent tan, but field testing has been good so far. Let's hope this years streaming is seamless and of a much higher quality than previous years, oh and the audio seems a lot clearer too, so apologies in advance for those of sensitive natures.....

It's a big investment, but worth it to make the Tours go with a bang for those watching online, and to make sure we have the best possible data on the road to keep Paul on track.

Ian

Posted

Wow,

Thanks for the replys guys!I will give that stereo bar a go, do I need an estra bit to attach it to the tripod for it to screw on too?

8)

the one on amazon has standard thread to screw onto tripod plate on too and 2 threaded hand turn screws for cams etc

Look what I found > http://www.bhphotovi...htBar_with.html

Posted

well i believe my dreams........u can all throw what ever u like at me..LOL..

BUT THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST YRS.. 8)

Some huge surprises coming..and some killers!!...

my dreams come true... :air_kiss:

charts updating now

Edited by dogs32

Posted

well i believe my dreams........u can all throw what ever u like at me..LOL..

BUT THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE OF THE BEST YRS.. 8)

Some huge surprises coming..and some killers!!...

my dreams come true... :air_kiss:

charts updating now

Great vid Pat, that gets u in the mood for it eh !!!

Posted

Wow,

Thanks for the replys guys!I will give that stereo bar a go, do I need an estra bit to attach it to the tripod for it to screw on too? There is no way I could get away with 2 tripods I was slow enough with just the one!

John, yep aiming to stay in Irving, what time do you get in? I noticed the Rodeo was on on Friday night in Fort Worth!

Think all I need to do is buy some extra batteries and maybe a polarising filter for my 77mm and I am all set!!!

8)

Look what I found > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/726580-REG/Dot_Line_RS_3102_RPS_Studio_LightBar_with.html

Twin camera mount I bought is from the following:

http://www.cameragrip.co.uk/acatalog/hague_twin_camera_mount.html

Not expensive, and seems to do the job.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Paul

I will be on the 7.15 flight from Manchester to Heathrow ,my luggage booked straight through to Dallas. So will meet you all in the terminal at heathrow. Have not booked a seat.

Tom

Posted

I've packed nothing yet for tour 1, am I the only one? :oops:

Quentin..Im so excited i have blitzed my FB wall of videos..i thought i would give u lot a break from my excitement :rofl:

good luck mate.....

Im so obbsessed i need help :rofl:

I blame Paul.S :lol:

I reckon Paul.m or Ian should ban me for getting carried away :rofl:

only kidding Boss :hi:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I've packed nothing yet for tour 1, am I the only one? :oops:

Same. I haven't even been shopping yet ! Going today to get all the essentials.

Posted

Quentin..Im so excited i have blitzed my FB wall of videos..i thought i would give u lot a break from my excitement :rofl:

good luck mate.....

Im so obbsessed i need help :rofl:

I blame Paul.S :lol:

I reckon Paul.m or Ian should ban me for getting carried away :rofl:

only kidding Boss :hi:

Pat that night time storm at Abilene looked awesome, the movie was great. Hoping for something similar this year, we had one last year, but was a tad washed out really.

Fingers double crossed.

Posted

Hes Back

I have actually ahd to turn off my comp for hrs..i was so excited..I could of sold my high :lol:

anyway clothes packed...

Thx Quentin..wishing u some awesome storms mate.will follow in Spain in Hotel :hi:

Timmer

:yahoo: :yahoo: :drunk::whistling::drinks:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Patty Boy - You've filled my facebook up with thousands of videos, spambot! :lol: