Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

I just looked at the temps in USA and its frigid there at the moment with single figure temps in Oklahoma/Kansas!! Its the middle of the night though. One reason why I think late season chasing is better, you tend to get warmer weather then.

Edited by nzstorm

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I just looked at the temps in USA and its frigid there at the moment with single figure temps in Oklahoma/Kansas!! Its the middle of the night though. One reason why I think late season chasing is better, you tend to get warmer weather then.

I don't think this anything to do with the time of the year but more to do with the northerly airstream. When we arrived in Dallas last week the temps were above 20 all night!

Posted

The graph says it all really, who says you can manipulate figures, a straight line IS a straight line in anybody's book :wallbash:

torgraph-big.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Tour 2 @ The Big Texan!

Yeehah - Thanks for giving us all a 'taste' of the Big Texan !!

Posted

Tour 3 People who arrive on friday! Alison and I are planning on meeting up with Dub Weather aka Ian after our flights get in for a drink and some dinner just at the airport (We are all staying at the hotel in the airport though). Anyone else wish to join us? I know John and Aaron are arriving at around the same time, not sure whether you both want to hang around for some food and beer or head straight to the Best West? Invitation open to everyone though!

Posted

Yip, I'm up for a beer at the Airport before I head to the Best Western. I assume you mean Dave, Arron is already out there on tour 2, but is also on T3. Dave arrives a good few hours before us Ross so I reckon he will be at the hotel or at a rodeo... I could be wrong there. But defo up for a quick drinkie if we are in the airport at the same time. I probably wont bother with a meal.

EDIT: Probably not a bad idea for those us arriving on friday to Exchange mobile numbers via PM so we can text to see what the story is. I'll send mine on there now. On the Sat everyone should have the mobile number in the Info Pack.

Edited by John Hanrahan

Posted

Yep, sorry mate I meant Dave! :wallbash:

Will send you over my moby numbrero. The hotel is across the road from terminal C apparently which does indeed have a bar. Not sure whether or not it's the best place to meet or not though!

Posted

Payed a good bit extra for a BA flight, only to find out while checking in online that its operated by AA. Then redirected to AA website by BA to do the whole online checkin, asked for crap loads of details that I gave BA already, crap seat selection, ie only middle seats on a 777. Only option is to checkin at airport now. If I want to drink anything other than water they will charge me a small fortune. There was no mention on the BA site that this flight was operated by AA when I booked.

Not happy.

Rant over...

for now.

Posted

So are you now on our flight? :lol:

p.s only just about to start packing..

Posted

You'll be a lot happier once you are drinking in Dallas. Have you got your nicorette?

I'm off that now Trevor. O.K no I'm not. As you know I'm a very relaxed person and I'm taking this in my stride. 8)

Posted

I like fluffy bunnies.

and watch out for any kamikaze pigeons especially if your in Arkansas!! :lol:

Other than that have a good one mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Evening.....

I am at the Airport ready for my flight tomorrow!!

Had a few drinks at the hotel bar :drinks:

Whats the plan for tomorrow John, shall i check in to the best western and sort the room and see you there......or head back to the airport and meet you guys for drinks?

Those arriving tomorrow I will PM my mobile number, if you could send me yours that would great....

See you tomorrow guys!!!! :yahoo:

Posted

Hi john, yep! Alison and I are on AA79. Dave will pm u my number

Posted

Evening.....

I am at the Airport ready for my flight tomorrow!!

Had a few drinks at the hotel bar :drinks:

Whats the plan for tomorrow John, shall i check in to the best western and sort the room and see you there......or head back to the airport and meet you guys for drinks?

Those arriving tomorrow I will PM my mobile number, if you could send me yours that would great....

See you tomorrow guys!!!! :yahoo:

Hey Dave,

Since I'm on the same flight as the lads, the meetup will be done so I'll head straight to the Hotel so see ya there. If we all have any extra energy after that a rodeo / few drinkies at a convienient neutral location wouldnt be out of the question. This is a nowcast :) Play by ear and see how everyone is feeling. Does anyone know what flight Ian (Dubweather) is on or time he is in at.

Posted

He arrives about the same time as us on a flight from Newark, so he will get to skip customs at DFW and will be out earlier than us. Might see you in Heathrow John! As long as my flight connection makes it :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

OK, I am here in Dallas already, taking in the storm that has so very kindly arrived so soon. Am staying at the Sheraton DFW, almost within site of the Best Western, though that's not within safe walking distance for me unfortunately. Probably won't meet up with folks tonight as still trying to adjust with jet lag and whatnot. What time must we meet at car rentals on Sunday, plz? Have got a mobile number if needed... well, a big crack of thunder just then, makes me wonder how long this will continue, hopefully enough for some good test shots and and like!