Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2011 Stormchase Chat & Banter

Paul Sherman

Posted

Anyone see in the Press today that it is looking highly Likely that BA Are going to Strike for the Royal Wedding, Some dates I have seen are 28-30th April :wallbash::cray:

They will still Fly the Major Routes - LHR-DFW being one of them, but On Board services may be pretty sketchy

Paul S

Posted

Anyone see in the Press today that it is looking highly Likely that BA Are going to Strike for the Royal Wedding, Some dates I have seen are 28-30th April :wallbash::cray:

They will still Fly the Major Routes - LHR-DFW being one of them, but On Board services may be pretty sketchy

Paul S

Paul, checking the Press the Union stated "....and pledged not to call a walkout to disrupt April’s royal wedding."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Can you imagine what would happen if all the air passengers decided not to fly one day of the year, or commuters agreed not to take th tube or train for one day??

Then maybe they'd know how we feel!!!

Posted

They said the only flight they have later in the day on 1 June is a direct flight from Dallas to Heathrow at 6.05pm with British Airways, but to change would be £259, !!!!!

the only other option Im going to look into is to refund a tickett then on to what Arron did.....Last result :smiliz46: providing theres no gliches..then its back to square one...

let you know any details later :crazy:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Guys

I think the best way too approach this subject is like previous years and having 3 cars kind of helps in the situation what with having the extra row of seats in the SUV's. We obviously do NOT Know what the conditions will be like on any given day 3 months ahead so all this is hyperthetical anyway.

Scenario 1

If there is an active Chase Day on 31st May 2011 (Eg Last Chase Day for Tour 3) and the risk is from C Kansas Northwards into Nebraska it IS Chaseable for the group on the last day with an Overnight and Morning/Early Afternoon Drive and still get the guests back to DFW in plenty of time. A rough drive time is 216 Miles from DFW-OK City which is 3 hours 30 minutes, and an additional 90 minutes from OK City to the Kansas Border. I also know that 4 hours is plenty from the Southern Kansas Border to the Nebraska Border. (Effectively 9 hours drive time so it could be staged with 4 hours after chasing and 5 hours from 7am until Midday which still gives plenty of time for the afternoon flights. The problem arises with people on Morning flights as they wont have those extra hours for driving back, but In scenarios like this in 2010 with active chase days on Changeover days we have gotten around the problem with designated drivers taking the early departures back and the guys on afternoon flights being accomodated in the other vehicles with less luggage (Eg Extra Row of Seats) I am sure someone is not going to begrudge 9 others a chase day making them sit at the Airport for 9 hours instead.

I may be wrong but a vote would have to be taken whilst out on the chase. Luckily this does not happen often and over the last few years chases even at the end of May have been far enough South. I am going to ask Paul M to put into the booking terms for next year asking people to try and get flights back after a certain time, what do people think of this idea

Regards

Paul S

Posted

Paul fine by me...I wouldnt spite anyone getting to a outbreak or a high risk or possible Tornados :drinks: ..

Totaly peeved with air lines....like getting gold dust to change a later time :girl_devil:

adjustment from 12.45pm to 5.10pm=£100.00

adjustent from 12.45pm to 7.55pm £165.00

Tickett non-refundable...loose the lot :aggressive:

so what the earliest flights people are on..

I currently are on the 12.45pm

this is how I feel about AA..(not literally)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Just had a thought, if that is the Internal part of a Trans-Atlantic Flight is'nt the check in time only 1 hour b4 ?? Anyone know

Posted

Paul fine by me...I wouldnt spite anyone getting to a outbreak or a high risk or possible Tornados :drinks: ..

Totaly peeved with air lines....like getting gold dust to change a later time :girl_devil:

adjustment from 12.45pm to 5.10pm=£100.00

adjustent from 12.45pm to 7.55pm £165.00

Tickett non-refundable...loose the lot :aggressive:

so what the earliest flights people are on..

I currently are on the 12.45pm

this is how I feel about AA..(not literally)

Sorry to hear that... its really stupid how u hav to pay so much to adjust your flight even when its clearly well in advance!

My flight From Dallas to Newark is 15.07.

Posted

I am going to ask Paul M to put into the booking terms for next year asking people to try and get flights back after a certain time, what do people think of this idea

I was thinking about this yesterday and thought it would be a good idea and probably the only way to deal with this scenario.

I guess most people are only out for 1 tour and are paying alot of money to chase, so I think most if not all guests would be agreeable to getting an afternoon or evening flight to maximize the number of chase days and not have the final chase day be a travel day. That would be my opinion anyway.

Posted

I really like this idea. If everyone had to get evening flights it would allow for travel day morning to be trave time if you're miles away.

Edited by TornadoJo

Posted

Sorry to hear that... its really stupid how u hav to pay so much to adjust your flight even when its clearly well in advance!

My flight From Dallas to Newark is 15.07.

yes crazy I know..In advance as well..

Im flexible with last day..so no worries for me..so what ever Paul decides.

I will spend the last day with Skidrow :w00t:

Just glad to be on T2/T3...so no greed :smiliz19:

If I was well off like 2009 I would pay for the extra 100...

But Im just about going this year..truly

Edited by dogs32

Posted

How much is yours Jo? Mines gone up £8 this year but is covering for 4 days less than last year. £132 for 34 days covering just medical and personal liability.

I like the idea Paul of booking flights after a certain time, that was you can pretty much guarantee a last day chase if there is one :)

Posted

How much is yours Jo? Mines gone up £8 this year but is covering for 4 days less than last year. £132 for 34 days covering just medical and personal liability.

I like the idea Paul of booking flights after a certain time, that was you can pretty much guarantee a last day chase if there is one :)

It's coming up properly now - clearly a glitch in the website - everything I did was £9.17!!

It's coming up as £81.99 for 16 days. Thats a tenner less than last year and I'm not sure why??

Posted

Just had a thought, if that is the Internal part of a Trans-Atlantic Flight is'nt the check in time only 1 hour b4 ?? Anyone know

good point.....will check out for my 12.45pm flight the earliest I can check in

Am I the earliest one flying on T3???

JOHN HANRAHAN - DRIVER & TECHNICAL..............9.00pm-ish

IAN CARRUTHERS - (DubWeatherAddict).........15.07pm.

JAMES FLETCHER

PAT CARTER..................................12.45pm

ROSS BLAND

ALISON - ( Helen Hunt )

DAVE VICARY

KIM ANDERSON - ( cloudsabove )

STUART SQUIRES - ( Stu London )

Edited by dogs32

Posted

You made sure you've picked the storm chasing package on the front page, Jo? and not just the normal one

Posted

because Im flying to Houston its 60mins...so a bit better

but I might be able to get it down further by check in through laptop...then its just handing bags over and boarding pass

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I was thinking about this yesterday and thought it would be a good idea and probably the only way to deal with this scenario.

I guess most people are only out for 1 tour and are paying alot of money to chase, so I think most if not all guests would be agreeable to getting an afternoon or evening flight to maximize the number of chase days and not have the final chase day be a travel day. That would be my opinion anyway.

John

If your friend books in the next few weeks, for gawds sake make sure he flies on the 1710 or 1805 or 2100 Flight :w00t: :lol:

because Im flying to Houston its 60mins...so a bit better

:rofl: :huh: Another Pat'ism

I thought 60 minutes and 1 Hour were pretty much the same time, could be wrong though in PatWorld

Posted

John

If your friend books in the next few weeks, for gawds sake make sure he flies on the 1710 or 1805 or 2100 Flight :w00t: :lol:

:rofl: :huh: Another Pat'ism

I thought 60 minutes and 1 Hour were pretty much the same time, could be wrong though in PatWorld

:w00t: im trying .....racking my mind to get the time down :clap:

Posted

John

He'll be in merica already and staying in merica like. :winky:

Posted

You made sure you've picked the storm chasing package on the front page, Jo? and not just the normal one

Yep.

I think last year I might have added the computer cover though but I haven't this year as I have different contents insurance.

£ 81.99

(inclusive of I.P.T. and £5.11 policy charge)

Quote Summary

Type of Cover:First Class Travel Insurance (Storm Chasing)Areas Covered:Worldwide inc. USA/Canada and CaribbeanLength of Travel:16 days (From 27/04/2011 to 12/05/2011)No. of Travellers:1 (1 person aged 18 to 64)Policy Type:IndividualActivity Pack:Activity Pack 3Other Option:None

Other options None

Exclude baggage and money 20% reduction

Exclude cancellation and curtailment 30% reduction

Cover for just medical and personal liability 40% reduction

Posted

another unseen bits

Lots of unseen footage mainly coming up through-out the next few days-weeks :smiliz19:

mostly unseen apart from odd bits

I have such huge drives they were missed when I got back as there was lots to sort out

probably20-40 youtube clips. :w00t:

most might be bitty and rough but will try best to paste together

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Guys

I think the best way too approach this subject is like previous years and having 3 cars kind of helps in the situation what with having the extra row of seats in the SUV's. We obviously do NOT Know what the conditions will be like on any given day 3 months ahead so all this is hyperthetical anyway.

Scenario 1

If there is an active Chase Day on 31st May 2011 (Eg Last Chase Day for Tour 3) and the risk is from C Kansas Northwards into Nebraska it IS Chaseable for the group on the last day with an Overnight and Morning/Early Afternoon Drive and still get the guests back to DFW in plenty of time. A rough drive time is 216 Miles from DFW-OK City which is 3 hours 30 minutes, and an additional 90 minutes from OK City to the Kansas Border. I also know that 4 hours is plenty from the Southern Kansas Border to the Nebraska Border. (Effectively 9 hours drive time so it could be staged with 4 hours after chasing and 5 hours from 7am until Midday which still gives plenty of time for the afternoon flights. The problem arises with people on Morning flights as they wont have those extra hours for driving back, but In scenarios like this in 2010 with active chase days on Changeover days we have gotten around the problem with designated drivers taking the early departures back and the guys on afternoon flights being accomodated in the other vehicles with less luggage (Eg Extra Row of Seats) I am sure someone is not going to begrudge 9 others a chase day making them sit at the Airport for 9 hours instead.

I may be wrong but a vote would have to be taken whilst out on the chase. Luckily this does not happen often and over the last few years chases even at the end of May have been far enough South. I am going to ask Paul M to put into the booking terms for next year asking people to try and get flights back after a certain time, what do people think of this idea

Regards

Paul S

Sounds like the most sensible plan. Although I would say that having booked an evening return flight lol.