Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East England - In Between The Cold Spells Discussion Part 30

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Light soft hail/graupel shower here at the moment, the kind that bounces slightly when it hits the ground.

Seems to be a little bit of convection building through the Thames Estuary?

Posted

Looks to be somewhat heavier showers appearign to be hitting mid Sussex on the raintoday radar? Anyone confirm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Looks to be somewhat heavier showers appearign to be hitting mid Sussex on the raintoday radar? Anyone confirm?

Yup quite a nice little crop moving in now, mainly going to hit the East and South of London but lets see.

Just had a few flurries, if had blinked though you would have missed them! :D

Edited by snowray

Posted

Ooooh that blob has hit me! It's very small flakes but lots of them! Like a misty blizzard! :yahoo: Don't think it's settling though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Small grains, darting around in the cold wind here in Bromley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Small snow grains here in Dagenham East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Snowing at work in erith nice to see :D

Loving it! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

*Victor Meldrew wanders into the thread*

Been extremely light snow here pretty much since this morning, at this rate should be a cm or 2 by Xmas as long as it doesn't warm up between now and then....... :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

An occasional few flakes now rather than the earlier grapel. Temps have slowly crept up to +2.3c

I see the model output forum has turned to the prozac - love peoples input and enthusiam in there and makes for ( usually ) enjoyable and interesting reading but my, I wish people would occasionally remember which country they live in with regards to winter expectations.

Posted

Absolutely nothing in Weybridge. Just grey, grey, grey... Looks like this will be definately be a snowless January IMBY now. Needless to say after such an awesome December, a bitter disappointment!

Posted

Absolutely nothing in Weybridge. Just grey, grey, grey... Looks like this will be definately be a snowless January IMBY now. Needless to say after such an awesome December, a bitter disappointment!

Dont despair Don!

Piers Corbyn has said February is going to be bitter and one of the coldest in 100 years with continuous Outbreaks from the North East..........It is what I am clinging to as whatever that man and Weatheraction says is going to happen almost certainly will :cold:

Cant wait to see what the CET Is by the middle of the Month on Valentines Day :rolleyes:

:pardon::hi::80:

Posted

Dont despair Don!

Piers Corbyn has said February is going to be bitter and one of the coldest in 100 years with continuous Outbreaks from the North East..........It is what I am clinging to as whatever that man and Weatheraction says is going to happen almost certainly will :cold:

Cant wait to see what the CET Is by the middle of the Month on Valentines Day :rolleyes:

:smiliz19: With an ego the size of Piers C they could plug the hole in the ozone layer! Although the UKMO aren't perfect especially with their GW addiction they are far superior to the clap trap that comes out of Weatheraction!

Posted

Dont despair Don!

Doh I spoke to soon. Just had a flurry of snow grains! As for February, I think it has more chance of being record breakingly warm than bitter!!

Posted

:smiliz19: With an ego the size of Piers C they could plug the hole in the ozone layer! Although the UKMO aren't perfect especially with their GW addiction they are far superior to the clap trap that comes out of Weatheraction!

:o :o Things must be realy bad in the models discussion thread if Nick S is paing us a visit in here! Dont worry Nick, your not missing anything much back in Sussex.... :rofl: :lol:

Posted

In the words of Homer Simpson

DOH!!!

My sarcastic tone was not noted in my last post. :wallbash:

The only thing I can forecast with certainty is Yamkin will have to change his signature if the models stay the same :drinks::diablo:

Posted

In the words of Homer Simpson

DOH!!!

My sarcastic tone was not noted in my last post. :wallbash:

The only thing I can forecast with certainty is Yamkin will have to change his signature if the models stay the same :drinks::diablo:

It was! thats why I laughed. :smiliz19:

Posted

What is it like down Sarf Nick! Any Springlike conditions yet or as Miserable and Grey as London Town!

Posted

Any Springlike conditions yet or as Miserable and Grey as London Town!

Same old, same old this far south Paul - grey and cold. There is a little something in the air but it might have been workmen on the scaffolding taken short.......

Posted

What is it like down Sarf Nick! Any Springlike conditions yet or as Miserable and Grey as London Town!

Its actually been very cold here with that cold ne flow but dry and generally sunny. Not a drop of rain here for over two weeks and no snow falling in the Pyrenees,although thankfully thats changing over the next few days with some fresh snow at last.

A little snow has been forecast here in the valley on Sunday but I don't think it will amount to much,generally the southern Med is looking wet and cold with very unseasonable conditions even into northern Africa.