Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England & Channel Islands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 16

dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

BBC 5 day forecast has light snow for Sat in Bristol?

I have seen this aswell but there was a message there also saying there was a data delay but i checked on meto and they give snow aswell, so not too sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have seen this aswell but there was a message there also saying there was a data delay but i checked on meto and they give snow aswell, so not too sure.

So am i aloud to get a teeny weeny bit excited :crazy::yahoo:

Posted

Hi, great to hear reports of a thunderstorm especially in January! I'm watching the radar and it does look lively - hope something makes its way over here too!

Meto warnings & radar tracking make it look pretty likely for you. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Meto warnings & radar tracking make it look pretty likely for you. :drinks:

Hi, thank you!! I only looked at the met office a few mins ago and the warning was for the south west so thought we might have dipped out - just checked again after reading your post and we have a warning too now as you say. Fingers crossed :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Some big slow moving thundery downpours for your region! enjoy, and the stuff is heading into southeast, yeah!

Posted

Thunderstorm overhead in Dorchester right now. First decent claps for months.

I dont think any one fore cast this.

You never know what you are going to get next in this game :girl_devil:8)

Hey, you're just down the road!

Yes it was the first real lightning here for ages and torrential rain too. Just glad I swept up the beech leaves a couple of weeks back otherwise drainage would have been blocked.

I was in Southampton last night and had heavy rain there, did Dorch get it last night as well?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A few degrees cooler this morning, and now the sun is coming up we have a blue sky!!!! :yahoo: It's official I hate rain, don't mind mild but hate rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
:whistling: hi ,all .weather 5 ,7 days ahead could be on a knife edge .looking at different weather sites they all have a different angle on weekends weather. computer models still big differences every new output . a good plunge of cold air expected too the east of us . pressure expected to fall over med soon .at the moment if your a cold weather fan like me im going to keep my eyes to the south for a pres fa ll.had a slight frost this morning about 8 .15 .local gritters in the yard are on the move .just watching sun set over quantocks .theres a tiny bit of cumulus probably thrown up from bridgewater bay or bris chan ,iv watched out for the green flash on hundreds of occasions but never been lucky .iv seen the blue flash whilst out with my wife ,driving . i just tell her to slow down .anyhow i hope we all get our favourite weather over the coming weeks .:crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Thin layer of ice on car this morning - realised it's still winter. Enjoyed my work outside (landscaping, gardening) for first time in weeks after spending near month off due to weather then Xmas, then working few days in driving rain! Looking forward to bitter Feb with strong easterly and foot of snow for first week and then last week , with 2 lucrative weeks in-between - then nice warm spring, making the hedges and lawns grow, and people wanting more patios, walls and fences 'cause the weathers nice.....

Or failing that 2 months snow, ice, freezing fog and hoar frosts and then 3 months of increasing heat and thunderstorms.

Wine influenced ramble done, hope we all get some more snow this winter for all, and some winter mild mush for the insane few who like that sort of thing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather
:help: anybody about , what a difference 24 hrs makes ,last night rain ,tonight cold but great moon.lets get some high level clouds with a few halos about , of course with the high in the right position and the frontal cloud coming up from the sw .i can remember the halo before the 1982 heavy snow . anyhow will check back in about an hour .cheers.:drinks:

Posted

Hi all, I'm not a frequent poster as I have no weather station, no forecasting skills and worse than that no snow. So I rely on you guys to keep me up to speed but with rain, rain and more rain this site's been so quiet. Great to see a bit of sun today and here's hoping for something of interest for the coldies amongst us by the weekend.

Posted

Hi all, I'm not a frequent poster as I have no weather station, no forecasting skills and worse than that no snow. So I rely on you guys to keep me up to speed but with rain, rain and more rain this site's been so quiet. Great to see a bit of sun today and here's hoping for something of interest for the coldies amongst us by the weekend.

Hi SC, no weather station you say, but do you have a lamp post to watch? - thats what most of us like to use!

Agree the models have been a little dull recently, but yesterdays downpours and lightning gave a bit of excitement.

Where are you based?

Posted

I live on South Dartmoor so unfortunately no lampost either!!!! However I do have a trusty light attached to the house which is very well attended during the winter months. No thunder here recently but in December I was so lucky to be woken by thunder snow, have been lampost watching since the year dot and didn't even know til last year that there was such a thing, thought it was another hope casting term like snowmageddon!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Bit chilly last night! The tennis courts froze over while wewere playing and it was lovely and white this morning everywhere.

-3.9C was the min. Not bad after the mild!

Posted

You like tennis a bit too much, Dartmoor Matt. It was lovely and frosty here this morning, with the tops of bins and cars all white, and paths that were untouched by sun were very slippery! Looking good for the next few days for some colder weather. though it does mean the heating has to go back on dry.gif .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

You like tennis a bit too much, Dartmoor Matt. It was lovely and frosty here this morning, with the tops of bins and cars all white, and paths that were untouched by sun were very slippery! Looking good for the next few days for some colder weather. though it does mean the heating has to go back on dry.gif .

Yeah, does seem a bit mad to be playing in mid Jan, but thats the price to pay I guess. ;)

I'd take this weather anytime, can't beat a bit of sunshine!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

My lunchime walk around Bristol harbourside was interesting as the ice was still on paths that were in the shade, a couple of places was quite dangerous, Loving the sunshine and early morning frosts. miles better than the previous 10 days or so.

Edited by Tribe3000

Posted

At least it's cold if nothing else, harsh over night frost and temps didn't really pick up much until the afternoon peaking around 5 degrees. This sort of weather is much better than the rain even if there's no chance of snow, at least you can get outside and do stuff without getting drenched.

Wonders what we will have seen come the end of Feb.

Edited by glosteroldboy

Guest mycroft

frost still on grass and paths when i cycled home from work at 4.30pm,yet today was the first time i felt the sun this year so far, :hi:

Posted

Three days in a row with a hard frost in the far west, just wish the snow would make one last effort this winter.

Well it's got plenty of time to do so, remember today is Jan 21!

Soo many people only looking for snow and missing what's before their eyes now! ...

... Some parts of the region look set to have an ice day. Yeovilton, Little Rissington and Liscombe are still below

freezing!