Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Atlantic Lows - general discussion

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Recorded a gust of 65mph here on the coast, pretty wild evening for getting about

Posted

Cumbria haas taken a pounding this evening, alot more severe than i expected with gusts 70-75mph

minor damage to my house, and reports of a number of lorries overturned, trees down and debris causuing roads to be closed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Incredibly windy here tonight close to the Humber, my sympathy goes to those in the NW its gonna be a rough night.

Posted

Also further gales likely tomorrow although not as severe on the current model data.

It has been extremely windy here in cumbria, I have recorded a max gust of 75mph this evening on the coast with mean speeds in the high 40's with 47mph being the max average.

There have been a number of trees uprooted with roads blocked and reports of debris on roads in some towns and there have been quite a number of lorries overturned on the M6 one of which near penrith has caught fire as it was carrying aerosols. currently listed on cumbria travel as 'very severe' incident.

A down pipe on my gutter has blown off, the garden wall has cement and pebble dash peeled off and the fence has been smashed, branches and other debris is littered outside.

The wind has eased slightly in the last hour, a temporary less windy period before gales develop friday morning.

Posted

Becoming very windy again here, picked up pretty fast over the last 15 mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It became very windy in Norwich at around midnight and is still blowing away- some pretty serious gusts at the moment. Norwich Airport is noting gusts of up to 66.7 km/h (41.4 mph)- probably not an official Met Office "day of gales" since the mean 10 minute wind speed is short of gale force but the gusts are certainly reaching gale force.

Posted

Very windy over a large part of the uk, not as strong as yesterday evening when i recorded gusts of 70-75mph

Not sure why the isle of man is reporting pretty low wind speeds, considering its location would have thought they would be getting very strong winds

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Here are the top gusts recorded on Thursday 3rd February in Scotland, Northern Ireland and Northern England. The 115mph gust is from the Cairngorm weather station and the Met Office have confirmed it was the highest gust. I will do a map for England and Wales tomorrow after the wet and windy weather passes by.

Top Gusts.

Posted

Well its very windy here but not as bad as some other areas will be intresting this evening as winds start to peak again around 9pm.

What is it like where you are?

Posted

No where near as windy as yesterday, max gust today has been 55mph, it does not warrant a flash warning. Thursday evening 70-75mph gusts affected cumbria with some trees down, lorries blown over and minor damage... with no flash warning lol

East of the peninnes has had very strong winds with over 80mph at loftus.

My thread has disapeared 'damage reports' Hmmm...

Edited by james12

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Peaked at sixty here today and windiest 24 hours for many a year. Nice too see this type of weather again.

Posted

Very windy here today as well, usual minor damage (falling roof tiles, twigs falling of trees etc).

Max wind-speed: 40 MPH

Max Gust: 65 MPH

Disappointed to see a lack of of weather warnings for West/South Yorkshire, an advisory is not enough, upgrade it to a orange!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Strangely around here we are having gusts in the 45-59 range but they are coming quite far apart. Has it peaked yet in my part of the world

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot dry summers and very mild winters

13C here at 8:30pm. This is the kind of winter temperature I like.

Posted

The stormiest longest period of I`ve seen at lake vrynwy today looking at the data average of 53mph all afternoon highest gust of 90mph....55mph was the highest mean this afternoon storm force.

Still 53mph gusting to 82 now!!!

Theres been some big gusts today mind,but I havn`t been here most of the day to see much,but this overall hasn`t been a severe gale here,gales yes fresh gale on the old beaufort scale.

That would be a longer storm to Jan 2007 on the same windspeed.

Posted

What is it with Wales and very strong winds, aberdaron has had severe gales 70-80mph gusts for prolonged period now, is there many people living there?