Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Looks like youre having a bit of a stonker up there then. At least its interesting weather anyway.

Posted

Some nice fresh snowfall at 3600ft on the Meall a'Bhuiridh webcam (Glencoe).

http://www.winterhig...encoe/index.php

Down to 6C in East Kilbride in a squally hailstorm half an hour ago but now back up to a balmy 7.5C and sunny. Branches and debris everywhere.

Edited by spindrift1980

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Sharp showers of varying length <_< and a blustery wind all day. Soem nice short sunny spells too though :D

Cloud & rain tomorrow... :bad:;):80::bomb:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Still no power. Gone to a hotel for food and warmth :cold:

Had the fire and heating on again since I came back from France at the weekend. 27 C to 12 C max is a bit of a shock to the system.

Mrs SS - who is of the garlic eating variety - is doing her best to persuade me to move there. I must admit the current weather is supporting her case...

Would have to be the Alps mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Had the fire and heating on again since I came back from France at the weekend. 27 C to 12 C max is a bit of a shock to the system.

Mrs SS - who is of the garlic eating variety - is doing her best to persuade me to move there. I must admit the current weather is supporting her case...

Would have to be the Alps mind.

I shouldn't even be on this forum but read this post as I had to say something, I also plan to move there once I'm fluent at French and plan to move to somewhere in the Toulouse area, nothing worse than the transition from France to the U.K after a holiday there and feels like I'm destined to be there, varied but extreme climate also.8)

Posted

I shouldn't even be on this forum but read this post as I had to say something, I also plan to move there once I'm fluent at French and plan to move to somewhere in the Toulouse area, nothing worse than the transition from France to the U.K after a holiday there and feels like I'm destined to be there, varied but extreme climate also.8)

All welcome on the kilted thread :good:

France does have many benefits... Snow, sun, supermarket heaven :shok: .

Forgive me for saying this, but what have you got 'Toulouse'.

I'll get my coat.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

All welcome on the kilted thread :good:

France does have many benefits... Snow, sun, supermarket heaven :shok: .

Forgive me for saying this, but what have you got 'Toulouse'.

I'll get my coat.

Yes good stuff :clap: I thought i was the only one who made that joke, good humor you have there, and yes supermarkets there are amazing, the cheese isles :air_kiss:

Posted

I'd go for the Alps any day and can speak enough to make a decent start - but I can't see my skills being that transferable so I'm stuffed. Also Ms HC seems to like our miserable climate.

Still, Morrisons sometimes have a half-decent Comté and the Co-op's French goat's cheese is ok-ish if left to ripen :whistling:

Anyway, back to the matter in hand: the wind has finally subsided. But it's really not very warm. Pfff. :wallbash:

Posted

As SS said.......all welcome on the Scottish thread. :D

Yep......I have made up my mind and moving to France too :good:

My French is limited to a few words.....some probably should not be used as they would be considered rude and OH has schoolboy French. As they say.......you are never too old to learn! Just visualising having a conversation after a couple of glasses of vino........could be interesting.:drunk:

Perfection would be a wee place up here for the winter to enjoy the snow and a little gite for the summer in France. Some would say I want my cake and eat it! LOL

Weather wise - all went flat calm until this afternoon when a breeze has picked up again and feeling cold.

Did anyone else have a problem with the volcanic dust? The air was thick with it earlier yesterday morning.......cars were white by 10am.

Posted

As SS said.......all welcome on the Scottish thread. :D

Yep......I have made up my mind and moving to France too :good:

My French is limited to a few words.....some probably should not be used as they would be considered rude and OH has schoolboy French. As they say.......you are never too old to learn! Just visualising having a conversation after a couple of glasses of vino........could be interesting.:drunk:

Perfection would be a wee place up here for the winter to enjoy the snow and a little gite for the summer in France. Some would say I want my cake and eat it! LOL

Weather wise - all went flat calm until this afternoon when a breeze has picked up again and feeling cold.

Did anyone else have a problem with the volcanic dust? The air was thick with it earlier yesterday morning.......cars were white by 10am.

Car was covered yesterday morning but nothing today...

Flat calm and chilly - but not too chilly for quite a swarm of midges and mosquitoes. Nice. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

Dust on car yesterday.

I do hope this wet weather goes away soon Im getting sick of the garden being so waterlogged

I saw a fresh dusting of snow yesterday morning...at altitude only.

I experienced sleet on the car window yesterday, my boss was driving and when we were between Ardlui and Crianlarich at about 10am yesterday morning the heavy rain shower we were driving through ended up as sleet. The temp dropped from 7C to 3.5C in a matter of a couple of minutes, once we were through the shower the high peaks to the the left (west) of the A82 had a thin dusting of fresh snow on top. Still a huge number of snow patches on the north/east faces of the higher hills, I'm not even sure that there are that many huge hills on the road to Oban? Firefly?!!

Posted

What dust from what volcano....... Just quoting Mr Ryanair......!! :-)At last wind has gone, but very cold, topped a whooping 12c today, now back to 6.9c

What dust from what volcano....... Just quoting Mr Ryanair......!! :-)At last wind has gone, but very cold, topped a whooping 12c today, now back to 6.9c

I wonder if Mr Ryanair would be happy to fly one of his planes straight over the volcano and see what happens...

Now 11C and damp...if this summer is supposed to be something special then the weather had better turn very very soon. I actually doubt that this June will top last June but only time will tell. I'm sure the NW summer forecast will come true, but something special will have to happen for June to be good.

Posted

CMD if it made him 50p I'm sure he would.Anyway, I do hope GP's forecast is true and includes up here.... Heating on in June looking likely so far

Edited by Cheggers

CMD if it made him 50p I'm sure he would.Anyway, I do hope GP's forecast is true and includes up here.... Heating on in June looking likely so far

Fingers crossed. Last June was the second warmest here in over 50 years and the 19th warmest month in over 50 years. That will take some beating.

'mon the moon

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Well no sign of drought here this morning very wet, calm and currently 7c.

Finished sowing turnips at 10.00pm last night after 2 days of dodging showers. Spot on timing as this rain this morning should have them germinated and through the ground in about a week.

Posted

Ok, clutching at FI straws, but maybe, just maybe....

ecmt850.216.png

Ensembles are tending towards high pressure/more settled conditions.

http://www.netweather.tv/ensimages/ens.20110526/00/prmslMidlothian.png

Fingers crossed.

I was thinking this morning - if this is what summer is going to be like (snow on the hills etc), what will next winter be like :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

I saw a fresh dusting of snow yesterday morning...at altitude only.

I experienced sleet on the car window yesterday, my boss was driving and when we were between Ardlui and Crianlarich at about 10am yesterday morning the heavy rain shower we were driving through ended up as sleet. The temp dropped from 7C to 3.5C in a matter of a couple of minutes, once we were through the shower the high peaks to the the left (west) of the A82 had a thin dusting of fresh snow on top. Still a huge number of snow patches on the north/east faces of the higher hills, I'm not even sure that there are that many huge hills on the road to Oban? Firefly?!!

Hi catch my drift

there are some biggies in that area sepcially on the road to Dalmally.... There is Ben Lui at 3700ft, thats on the left hand side as you drive towards Oban, Onthe right there is Ben Cruchan a little further north, again its a monster at nearly matching hieghts. so all in all pretty high mountains

Ok, clutching at FI straws, but maybe, just maybe....

ecmt850.216.png

Ensembles are tending towards high pressure/more settled conditions.

http://www.netweathe...lMidlothian.png

Fingers crossed.

I was thinking this morning - if this is what summer is going to be like (snow on the hills etc), what will next winter be like :cold:

oh I do hope your right, May has been awful, the worst I can ever remember and certainly the worst since 1995 (that was before the summer that went on and on and on), am I grasping at straws?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Weatheronline's seasonal forecast suggesting that the NW/SE divide will continue through June/July. How depressing.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Weatheronline's seasonal forecast suggesting that the NW/SE divide will continue through June/July. How depressing.

Gonnae no say that :cray:

Big Innes

Posted

hmmmm not so sure, I had a quick peek at the teleconnections, the NAO is thinking about going positive again....

NAO forecast

The GFS ensembles are finalyy beginning to pick up an increase in pressure within a medium timeframe, rather than F1, and the ECM is picking this up now too...

ecmslp.240.png

Posted

Please no more rain!!!! :wallbash:

Current temps 9C. It's so miserable and cold an I'm fed up. I NEED SUN!