Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Rain and hail here today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Had a quick look at the GFS for the weekend, on saturday especially, -6c 850's covering wales with 522 thickness in a NW airflow.....

Edit: We've just had a beast of a hail shower, so much hail has fallen there are tracks in the road!

Edited by Scarlet_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just had some flashes of lightning to the north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Hail now in Cardiff, lighning againn over Bristol channel

Have just seen some lightning over the channel too! Thought I was seeing things to begin with!

Temp has risen here, now 5.9C so hope it won't rise anymore! Winds have been quite gusty in the last half hour or so aswell! Doubt we will get any snow here this week, being below 100m, but would be a nice suprise!

Looking at the current setup, the best chance for snow in the next 48 hours seems to be around 6am, NAE goes for heavy showers and that time has the lowest dewpoints over the next 48 hrs, and probably lowest surface temps as well. .

As for tomorrow's front, the conditions are NOT massively conducive to low level snow. Thicknesses are above 528dam at the time of the front pushing through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temperature still on the rise, or was! 6.5C now so won't be getting any sleet or snow here tonight if it stays like this! Wind is picking up again and some rain currently, is it likely to be much of the same tomorrow?

Posted

I didn't expect much and definitely no pure snow settling... but to be honest I am disappointed... It's gone 8pm, my temp is still high and ppn is rain/hail with occasional flakes at best. Dew point is not to bad at the moment but I don't like to be teased with hints of wintriness. Either fall as snow or rain, no sleet nonsense - please.

Perhaps I should move further away from the coast, up on a mountain :p (I'm approx 7 miles from the coast and Prembrey Sands MetO station)

______

Also temp keeps floating between 5-6c here. Rising before a shower then drops back down at the back edge/when PPN ceases... like now, plummeting back down in minutes. Currently 5.1c

Edited by shaunwales

I agree could we please stop discussing the Welsh Language in here please, Such a topic is butter suited to Serious Discussion area.

Bwrw cesair yng Nghaerdydd eto. Wedi cael sawl gwaith heddiw - braf gweld peth tywydd gaeafol (o'r diwedd). Cynnig ola Jack One yn codi calon. Croesi bysedd (a bysedd traed ayyb).

Hail again in Cardiff. Have had hail a few times today - it's nice to see some winter weather at last. Jack One's latest post gives me some hope. Fingers crossed!

Apologies I missed the word NOT out. sneaks away quietly and hopes no-one notices,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

I agree could we please stop discussing the Welsh Language in here please, Such a topic is butter suited to Serious Discussion area.

Apologies I missed the word NOT out. sneaks away quietly and hopes no-one notices,

Gutted. Ah well - winter is yet young. Must remain positive, although the screen is a bit blurry due to the tears pouring down my face :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow causing disruption and chaos

everyone i know seems to be banging on about thursdays weather...is there any chance of snow above 150m?

Posted

everyone i know seems to be banging on about thursdays weather...is there any chance of snow above 150m?

Location plz put on your profile.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Bwrw cesair yng Nghaerdydd eto. Wedi cael sawl gwaith heddiw - braf gweld peth tywydd gaeafol (o'r diwedd). Cynnig ola Jack One yn codi calon. Croesi bysedd (a bysedd traed ayyb).

Hail again in Cardiff. Have had hail a few times today - it's nice to see some winter weather at last. Jack One's latest post gives me some hope. Fingers crossed!

Lle ti'n byw yng Nghaerdydd? Cathays?

Had a fantastic shower around lunchtime - everything went white with hail, lightning and thunder - pretty amazing I must say. Now occasional hail showers.

Posted

Above 150m a chance yes. A certainty no.

Sorry I can't be more specific... but welcome to the weather... :p

Gutted. Ah well - winter is yet young. Must remain positive, although the screen is a bit blurry due to the tears pouring down my face :sorry:

That will teach you for watching them chopping onions on Masterchef. :rofl:

As for Thursday, I don't see the chances as being that high, if we look at 9pm, 850Hpa temps are between -1 and -2 in Mid Wales, 0 to +3 in the south. Thicknesses are around 535-545 in the snow zone. Dewpoints are +1 to +2 in Mid Wales, and +3 to +6 in South Wales. If this was bumping into a cold mass of air over Wales , there would be a better chance, however this is no real mass of cold air over Wales at the moment. So the best chance of snow very much for upper ground in Mid Wales.

Posted

I like to know who gives the met readings from mumbles head the temperatures have risen 3c in the last 2hrs! to 8c ,oh well it is the party season lol.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Looks like they had a good hail shower there.