Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Please carry on here folks.:) Looking forward to tomorrow.:drunk: Hope your enjoying your storms.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Please carry on here folks.:) Looking forward to tomorrow.:drunk: Hope your enjoying your storms.:D

storms? what storms? what are they?!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Oh Jane did you have some thunder ? or did you miss out again? This storm is "dancing" around Wellington, but slightly stronger than it was .We have lightning and now definite thunder

Hope that didn't come across as sarcastic ,because it definitely wasn't mean't that way at all.

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Looking at the NW radar, I can see a blob in E. Normandy-ish heading north - could that possibly hit my area in the early hours I wonder?

Posted

The lightning to the west is very infrequent, but it seem powerful as it must be over 40 miles away!

Posted

Really heavy rain here now.

Isn't it just!

Posted

Odd evening here with showery sharp rain, large drops most of the time and gusty winds. Before dark the cloud

formations and darkness were very impressive with near on day darkness at 20.00ish.

However oddest was the high based storm that developed rapidly between 17.30 to 19.00 over Salisbury Plain and was

reported on by other local members. It was a very discreet cell that formed beneath the veil of high cloud ahead

of the main band(s).

This area seems to be between thundery activity to the W and E and the rain currently falling is moderate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Ironically i think the storm actually went round Brownhills...so close...but yet so far. Looked brill though!

Posted

1548 MW , its a local radio station , but i think any frequency on MW would do , and im constanlty getting pops and crackles (sferics) every so often.

Thanks I thought it had to be the lower scale, but I can't seem to pick up a decent station that don't make an annoying continuous noise lol :)

Posted

Oh Jane did you have some thunder ? or did you miss out again? This storm is "dancing" around Wellington, but slightly stronger than it was .We have lightning and now definite thunder.

better put yer wellies on

er i,ll get my coat!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

even Liverpool got lightning yet saw nothing and heard nothing. The Wirral storm shield is firmly in place.

Posted

Getting a nice show up on Portsdown Hill I am in the carpark just west of Fort Widley. If anyone want to join me.

I am the car with the glow of the Laptop lol

Edited by Adi F

1548 MW , its a local radio station , but i think any frequency on MW would do , and im constanlty getting pops and crackles (sferics) every so often.

Thanks I thought it had to be the lower scale, but I can't seem to pick up a decent station that don't make an annoying continuous noise lol :)

i have loads of crackles here some very loud??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Turn the dial away from radio stations , at the far left or right of the dial ,and make sure its set om AM,or MW, or LW, FM doesnt pick up lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

I think "we all did"

The server has "mod_bwlimited/1.4 " installed.

The error page is: cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

So the server is still serving pages.. It just looks like their bandwidth limit has been exceeded :(

Bad lightning scary and just above my roof too...

I had to go off line here in Freshwater, Mrs mates say its worse in Newport, that's where the Radar is I think.

There are bound to be a few substation trip-outs across the Isle of Wight, impressive storm truly "horizon filling lightning" and its still rumbling and flashing away to my East.

Posted

better put yer wellies on

er i,ll get my coat!!

:lol: okay.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

see the bit on listening to sferics on this ,

http://www.weatherscapes.com/techniques.php?cat=lightning&page=lightning_tips

:)

Posted

...and then there was none. Front of the 'blob' now moving towards the peaks with not a single strike seen to the south in over 5 mins. Rainfall must have exhausted the shear and aside from the sporadic one or two strikes related to convection, this feature is about done for us.

Thats the only problem with multicell features, once initialised it takes a lot of components to keep them sustained long enough for a track suitable to last from the South to past the North. Eyes onto the next one once this 'drizzle' passes.

Posted

i have loads of crackles here some very loud??

Is it a station that normally sounds fine?