Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

...and then there was none. Front of the 'blob' now moving towards the peaks with not a single strike seen to the south in over 5 mins. Rainfall must have exhausted the shear and aside from the sporadic one or two strikes related to convection, this feature is about done for us.

Thats the only problem with multicell features, once initialised it takes a lot of components to keep them sustained long enough for a track suitable to last from the South to past the North. Eyes onto the next one once this 'drizzle' passes.

how long though will the next one come up? I tjhink they may die out? poss not though!

Posted

Odd evening here with showery sharp rain, large drops most of the time and gusty winds. Before dark the cloud

formations and darkness were very impressive with near on day darkness at 20.00ish.

However oddest was the high based storm that developed rapidly between 17.30 to 19.00 over Salisbury Plain and was

reported on by other local members. It was a very discreet cell that formed beneath the veil of high cloud ahead

of the main band(s).

This area seems to be between thundery activity to the W and E and the rain currently falling is moderate.

i agree andy . it was a very violent aswell for such a small and new cell.

loved the icg hitting the cement works chimmo :)

light to mod rain at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

to have a storm would be nice but i realy would like some rain!

Posted

Yet again Birmingham/Black Country is getting thundered on while we have just light rain I see- have thunderstorms replaced snow as the thing that never happens round here? It certainly seems like it, the last decent one here was back in June 2005. (Did manage to see one flash of lightning- the first for 2 years- on April 22).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

i have loads of crackles here some very loud??

keep the MW or LW to the same volume then if it gets louder than its getting closer :drunk: i put the station to nothing other than fuzzy(right at end of tuning) so all i can hear is crackling of lightning interference, play music elsewhere, but if you got one device than crackling would be over the music any way..post on topic!!..

those in my area and south east we join the club later, in fact we could end up with some top rated cells overnight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Same old story so far here. Missing out. But staying positive.

mother nature dislikes positivity ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Can anyone else see the blobs in Northern France, roughly opposite East Sussex? Does anyone think they may affect my area tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

As the EML edges east, it should give storms to the S.E and east anglia east mids, tmrw i Hope...if there isnt too much cloud around during the afternoon.

Posted

As the EML edges east, it should give storms to the S.E and east anglia east mids, tmrw i Hope...if there isnt too much cloud around during the afternoon.

So you doubt we'll see much tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

for anyone who's not aware, point your web browser to www.sat24.com/gb .....and have a look at the infrared imagery!....Storms exploding over Devon & Somerset drifting northwards, and further south look towards Biscay, the overnight MCS in the making?...an absolute explosion in convection!

post-4149-0-70599300-1304717248_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

very disappointed, every where around me has had storms and all i get is 2 very distant rumbles and a bit of rain.

it looked so promising at 5 oclock, and it went around us and fizzled out, it went north and picked up againdry.gif

ive been robbed, i want a refund.

fromey

Posted

<br /><br /><br />

we should see something as those storms move up from france.

I meant in my location?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Wow What a Thunderstorm we Just had, Amazing CGS and Loud Thunder, Loads of CC Lightning true, Anvil Crawlers and dont think its over yet, there is another cell moving up by the look of it too!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Just starting to rain here, trees are now rustling aswell, in fact its now lashing down as I type!

Posted

just had a little storm gusty wind couple of flashes and rumbles

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Oh Jane did you have some thunder ? or did you miss out again? This storm is "dancing" around Wellington, but slightly stronger than it was .We have lightning and now definite thunder

Hope that didn't come across as sarcastic ,because it definitely wasn't mean't that way at all.

Hi littlemissy :)

I managed a couple rumbles of thunder and three lightning strikes in the distance lol .:D

Was great to see though.

Ooooh I hope your enjoying your storm there, sounds good.:D

Can't wait until tomorrow another good day ahead for many of us again Yay.:drunk: