Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

Just starting to rain here, trees are now rustling aswell, in fact its now lashing down as I type!

Unless you tell us you location we've don't know what you're talking about! Edit your profile.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

SEVERE STORM lightning less than 3 secs apart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

keep the MW or LW to the same volume then if it gets louder than its getting closer :drunk: i put the station to nothing other than fuzzy(right at end of tuning) so all i can hear is crackling of lightning interference, play music elsewhere, but if you got one device than crackling would be over the music any way.my post on topic!!..

those in my area and south east we join the club later, in fact we could end up with some top rated cells overnight...

keep the MW or LW to the same volume then if it gets louder than its getting closer :drunk: i put the station to nothing other than fuzzy(right at end of tuning) so all i can hear is crackling of lightning interference, play music elsewhere, but if you got one device than crackling would be over the music any way.my post on topic!!..re-edit i ment mine not yours sorry if miss read this bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, ice.

2nd Thunderstorm in progress in Workington. Lots of lightning and deep rumbles of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Nothing up here not even any rain but heres hoping. For those who are getting storms all i can say is YOU LUCKY #######

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

I meant in my location?

Maybe at 3am, but may just be rain by then, or getting daylight, seems to be pushing east quicker than forecast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Just checked the NW radar, a heavy band of rain moving into my area, no lightening showing as yet.

Posted

keep the MW or LW to the same volume then if it gets louder than its getting closer :drunk: i put the station to nothing other than fuzzy(right at end of tuning) so all i can hear is crackling of lightning interference, play music elsewhere, but if you got one device than crackling would be over the music any way.my post on topic!!..re-edit i ment mine not yours sorry if miss read this bit!

lol we're just waiting and finding something to post about :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Maybe at 3am, but may just be rain by then, or getting daylight, seems to be pushing east quicker than forecast

That's what I was thinking, thanks for your opinion.:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Hello all, just got back from sitting on the beach watching the storm come in from the channel - amazing lightning show finished off with a healthy dose of large rain drops and cracking thunder. What a night especially as we thought we might be just that bit too far east!! :yahoo:

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by chrisbell-nottheweatherman, May 6, 2011 - Off topic
Hidden by chrisbell-nottheweatherman, May 6, 2011 - Off topic

Sorry to be OT - Thundery Wintery Showers - I tried PMing you, but I got a message to say you couldn't receive messages?

Once TWS responds, I'll delete this message, if I still can.

Edited by chrisbell0033944
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hello all, just got back from sitting on the beach watching the storm come in from the channel - amazing lightning show finished off with a healthy dose of large rain drops and cracking thunder. What a night especially as we thought we might be just that bit too far east!! :yahoo:

Thats making me jealous now.. I would be sat in one of those shelters near the pyramids with camera at the ready

Posted

Second storm has just passed Exeter, lasted for about 30 minutes, saw a good CG and plenty of IC flashes. Some good thunder too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

here is a printed ans scanned IoW radar. I think the original one is still broken this is the same people but slower and fuzzier sorry about the delay the file would not upload at first I think this storm is still interfering with things...

post-4726-0-26013100-1304717880_thumb.jp

Guest Quantumsnow

Wow What a Thunderstorm we Just had, Amazing CGS and Loud Thunder, Loads of CC Lightning true, Anvil Crawlers and dont think its over yet, there is another cell moving up by the look of it too!!!

Nice one SK, a belated birthday present from Mother Nature?!

Still an impressive 18.1 dgC here, not expecting much if any action but enjoying reading everyones reports :drinks:

Edited by Quantumsnow

Posted

Heavy rain at 9pm for 20 mins :yahoo: then sporadic lightning very high level, no thunder. Still lightning around Swanage and over the sea towards France. Dry

good stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

That's what I was thinking, thanks for your opinion.:hi:

Lol i thought you were a meteorologist from look east?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Heavy rain here and finally some distant lightning, just heard a faint rumble too! seems to be getting closer!! :)

Posted

Wow What a Thunderstorm we Just had, Amazing CGS and Loud Thunder, Loads of CC Lightning true, Anvil Crawlers and dont think its over yet, there is another cell moving up by the look of it too!!!

Argh! So near yet so far!

Had 10 mins of heavy rain here, few flashes and distant rumbles.

All quiet now!

Live iow weather site still down :(

Posted

Lol i thought you were a meteorologist from look east?

Nah, he shares my name! Difference is, he's from Texas, I'm from Norfolk - he's a meterologist - I'm a biologist!:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Round 2 for the west midlands is organizing itself over the west country, getting ready to tap into all that lovely mid-level CAPE and go "BOOOOOOM"...and then Round 3 is developing further south in Biscay, I can already hear its hypnotic voice, whispering my 3 favourite words in my ear seductivley...."Mesoscale Convective System" .....:air_kiss: