Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

Quite amusing to play the loops/radar in correspondence and you can see the murk across Central/Northern England has slowed down somewhat, now being pushed out the way by the plume effectively sending it back in on itself (although luckily for us towards Wales) leaving a nice clear-slot opening up in the Home Counties and soon Midlands.

Posted

well temps are climbing very fast here.. had broken overcast skys for first part of morning with temps hovering between 14-15c now the suns out and temps are are now 20-21c so any heating my burst the bubble for maybe some home grown showers/storms :good: fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Looking at the radar this rain (much needed I might add) will clear through in the next 20 minutes or so, so HOPEFULLY the sun will break through for some very needed daytime heating!!!!! I am so desperate to have a storm!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WEATHER GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The temp is only 15C out right now though so am really willing the cloud to eff off and the sun to supernova so we can get microwaved and get super-mega-meso-cyclone-land! :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Shower clouds can now be seen growing to my south,southwest ;)

Posted

Looking at the radar this rain (much needed I might add) will clear through in the next 20 minutes or so, so HOPEFULLY the sun will break through for some very needed daytime heating!!!!! I am so desperate to have a storm!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH WEATHER GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!! The temp is only 15C out right now though so am really willing the cloud to eff off and the sun to supernova so we can get microwaved and get super-mega-meso-cyclone-land! :lol:

we getting lots of day time heating here

Posted

Good chance for storms now looking at things, now all I need is for this area of rain to move out of the damn way..

Posted

Skies clearing nicely here and temps starting to respond,currently at 16.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hey Windy. Well, the cloud base won't be following the 300mb nor the 850mb flows. The low-level/boundary layer winds are flowing from the SE, and indeed low level clouds are heading in a NW direction. Once deep convection has initiated, storms will be guided by the upper (generally 500mb) height contours shown on various models, and today they will be flowing from a S'erly to SSW'erly direction.

Hi W09, just sent you a quick PM just clarifying your post, plus a couple of questions

cheers mate! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its cloudy and 17.2C here atm, wish the cloud would go! I think that we will miss out on the main event tonight, being a bit too far west but that depends on how things go, so fingers crossed us in south wales will still get something! Just need this cloud cover to go!

Posted

After staying up all night hoping to catch something,saw once cg around 2:30 and heard a rumble of thunder,approx 10 mile sw of me,1 rushed to get my gear set up only to find that was it,oh well cant have it all,only had about hours sleep and looks like i may have to do it all again tonight lol,oh the joys of Thunderstorms in the UK.

Posted

yupp today will be a boil in the bag day :)

temp 22.5

dew point 14.3

pressure 1009 falling

humidity 60%

wind is getting up gusting to 10/15 mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

OMG I've got a CAPE of 1220 J/KG and a LI of -4 on the GFS 06Z for 1600 today. Mad! Never seen it so good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

TORRO sounds pretty promising for today/tonight mention of MCS and small chance of Supercells

http://www.torro.org...te/forecast.php

Thanks for posting the link, it's kind of answered the questions I had regarding the strength of the progged vertical sheer, factoring in the low level jet, thus allowing for the possibility of supercell development

Posted

We finally got some rain here last night 0.2 mm ,honestly wasnt even enough to get roads properly wet let alone my poor veggy patch :cray:

Very muggy here and clouds just breaking now

Hopefully we'll get a good downpour later,,but with out the storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

pretty sure some lucky ******** will get a tornado/gustnado/funnel today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Here at Ainley Top just off J24 of the M62, it's raining light to moderately which has made the roads greasy. Temperature is in the mid teens.

It is getting brighter and i'm optimistic for this rain to increase the humidity later, as long as the sun comes out.

I've got my strike alert with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

i say balls to this, its hot and humid no sun and i couldnt be further from the cape AGAIN

Posted

Must say the Estofex forecast looks good for today and with the sun out and feeling warm and humid might bode well for my area later..

Im not getting my hopes up though as i thought i would see something last night at least and it came to nothing apart from a few bursts of quite heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Cheers Paul and W09 for your answers, which i will be digesting in due coarse