Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Funnel Cloud caught at the top end of the Goyt Valley. New camera (s1600) and fading light made exposure somewhat tricky to capture, but turned out better than anticipated although it looked much better in person than on camera. Played with the settings somewhat but there's nothing really much more you can see.

post-8763-0-67659700-1304798157_thumb.jp

Well done SJ, nicely caught :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Yes, agreed! :)Hopefully the No Storms Club will be full of rants and raves by morning Lol :lol:

Your evil... Thats what Cheltenham does to a person. <_<

PPN is still increasing down south...

This could turn really tasty soon.... COME ON MY SON!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Meeting at the Tower? Do people go up to the top in these conditions? Very scary I'd think.

Haven't heard any rumbles for the last 10 mins.

If they are meeting at the tower get em to bring me a stick of rock

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Funnel Cloud caught at the top end of the Goyt Valley. New camera (s1600) and fading light made exposure somewhat tricky to capture, but turned out better than anticipated although it looked much better in person than on camera. Played with the settings somewhat but there's nothing really much more you can see.

post-8763-0-67659700-1304798157_thumb.jp

Do you mean a cloud to produce a tornado?

I live in Disley and into photography and would of loved to catch that dramatic cloud formation.

Rain has eased of here so hopefully it will pick up and get some awesome weather. I love stoms. The breeze we had before has gone too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

I'm on the edge of it, can see the sky to the Nrth, ie Preston it looks menacing, the was nothing on the radar earlier it appeared out of no where, the effects of the sun going down and cooling etc. Lots of rumbles and lightening around me but nothing overhead.........yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Certainly a wet night ahead for my region as mentioned in a previous post of mine earlier tonight. All precipitation at the moment is heading northwards.

Yikes, please turn thundery. :whistling:

post-7183-0-88792800-1304798390_thumb.gi

Thundery Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Another let down ...back to the no storm club :(

Off you go then, don't complain in here :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Your evil... Thats what Cheltenham does to a person. <_<

PPN is still increasing down south...

This could turn really tasty soon.... COME ON MY SON!

Nooooooooo Lynxus I didn't mean it in that way! I want me storm as much as everybody else!:lol: The No Storms Club is for people like me (of course) who aren't getting their storms.:p

Posted

Another let down ...back to the no storm club :(

You are so impatient! We are still in line for some moderate rain and there may be storms embedded in it. You post these comments in the hope that someone will reassure you give up!! There is loads more events to come over the next few months and your constant comments do no contribute to the forum in fact all they do is aggrivate some on here. We may get some action over night.

If i remenber rightly you were like this during the snow. Look at the radar you can see what is coming from across the channel if that rain were not there i would agree with you all the while it is then we have a chance. Be patient wait and see stop posting silly comments.

Posted

close jpwild, its a Tornado that never quite made it to ground. And in this case didn't even made it off the cloud-deck given the elevated altitude it was at. Seen two in 3 years locally now and you can't miss the distinctive rotation. Lucky I guess it lifted as it was entering across the village. Twice now we've dodged a bullet, considering there's nice green fields all around for them to play in instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Thunder in Morley s,Leeds

Posted

Despite Birmingham and surrounding areas sitting under a heavy batch of PPN at 8.30PM on the radar, it's only light rain and has been for the last 35 mins. No rumbles of thunder or lightning today either.

Plenty of time for things to liven up though. Personally I think the main action will be in the small hours.

Edited by Albion Snowman

Posted

I'm quietly confident this band will intensify. I feel confident of getting something. If not, there's always next time. :)

and if ya dont get owt ya can have another moan :rofl:

still pretty warm here at 18.5c

Posted

yep weather 09 the 'tube' was part of the rotation, but the lowering itself is the dissipating feature just offset (right) of it. Had I spotted the thing a minute or two earlier i'm sure it would have looked even better, and managed to get the exposure half-decent on the camera. As it was I was behind the front door looking for the lightning and not anticipating this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Off you go then, don't complain in here :wallbash:

Comments like that will just make things worse.

Nooooooooo Lynxus I didn't mean it in that way! I want me storm as much as everybody else!:lol: The No Storms Club is for people like me (of course) who aren't getting their storms.:p

hheeh , I know :good:

Anyone in the IOW?

Apparently you have a huge amount of PPN over you with increasing convection... Ant confirmations?

Bournemouth... Id prepare for another drenching.. Looks like a nice big singlecell / possible MCS getting organised..

The below highlighted area has appeared from nothing within 30 minutes.

post-182-0-32517700-1304798850_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Not liking the back seat mods shouting at people tonight. I agree with Paul it was fun here last night, but tonight everyone seems abit short fused.

End of the day falling out and being stressed aint going to get you a storm any quicker so chill out and have some fun with fellow storm enthusiasts looking forward to the night ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

close jpwild, its a Tornado that never quite made it to ground. And in this case didn't even made it off the cloud-deck given the elevated altitude it was at. Seen two in 3 years locally now and you can't miss the distinctive rotation. Lucky I guess it lifted as it was entering across the village. Twice now we've dodged a bullet, considering there's nice green fields all around for them to play in instead.

Thank you for that. Very interesting.

Next time there is convective weather in the afternoon I am to go to black rocks in higher Disley and take images of convective activity with Manchester on one side and Kinder etc on the other. Lovely view, though just hope I don't get struck by lightening, lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Despite Birmingham and surrounding areas sitting under a heavy batch of PPN at 8.30PM on the radar, it's only light rain and has been for the last 35 mins. No rumbles od thunder or lightning today either.

Plenty of time for things to liven up though. Personally I thing the main action will be in the small hours.

You still have time yet. More importantly for me I can now work out that it is in fact a load of noise on some of the various radars on the internet showing your area with strikes. Thanks for the report AS.

Russ

Posted

Comments like that will just make things worse.

hheeh , I know :good:

Anyone in the IOW?

Apparently you have a huge amount of PPN over you with increasing convection... Ant confirmations?

Bournemouth... Id prepare for another drenching.. Looks like a nice big singlecell / possible MCS getting organised..

The below highlighted area has appeared from nothing within 30 minutes.

I am primed to go up Portsdown Hill, but with nothing on sferics and no flashes out of the window given we face south I am holding fire for the while...