Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June CET

Posted

T+168 is pretty far from nailed on!! There is plenty of scope for a downrgade as the signal for a mid atlantic ridge still persists IMO. It won't take much for the HP cell to position itself to our west with the jet tumbling over the top, this mornings GFS 00z hints at this. If anything I'll be making a dowward revision to my prediction.

See the opening post for June records etc.

what does this have to do with my prediction whatsoever??? Considering there is others predicting the same as me???rolleyes.gif what makes you think i based my predictions on the models! There is no need to degrade my cet because you don't agree with me, this is not how it works on here! I am more annoyed how you pick me out, out of many other members guessing the same cet as me or higher.wallbash.gif

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

Hi Snowlover2009. I can't see why you are annoyed, after all this is a discussion forum but I do regret that you have taken my post personally. I can assure you it was not meant that way at all and if you look at my other posts you’ll see that’s not my style. I can’t see anywhere in my post where I have degraded you’re CET prediction, I was merely pointing out that model synoptics projected a week in advance are not necessarily ‘nailed on’. This was not a personal criticism of you, it is just based on my experience of learning the hard way, when the charts show winter easterlies or summer warmth only for them to disappear in the reliable timeframe. For the record I hope you're right and next week lives up to expectations, :drinks: !

Posted

Hi Snowlover2009. I can't see why you are annoyed, after all this is a discussion forum but I do regret that you have taken my post personally. I can assure you it was not meant that way at all and if you look at my other posts you’ll see that’s not my style. I can’t see anywhere in my post where I have degraded you’re CET prediction, I was merely pointing out that model synoptics projected a week in advance are not necessarily ‘nailed on’. This was not a personal criticism of you, it is just based on my experience of learning the hard way, when the charts show winter easterlies or summer warmth only for them to disappear in the reliable timeframe. For the record I hope you're right and next week lives up to expectations, :drinks: !

Sorry for taking it the wrong way.drinks.gif Heres to a great summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm going for a warm one overall but I think the month will be notable more for persistence of high pressure and dryness than for the intensity of heat, so I don't think this June's CET will approach 1976, though it might rival 2003 and 2006. 15.8C please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

16.3C for me pls

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

15.1c for me please.

It may be looking settled, but that still does not mean it'll be overly warm, especially if HP tends to slip out into the Atlantic leaving England and Scotland in cooler winds and the firing line for LP systems running into NW Europe over the top of the High.

Edited by The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

13.4c I'm hopecasting again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

A very warm one.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

15.4c please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

I'm thinking along the lines of many others with us having a very warm June, possibly the warmest since 1976, particularly the second half.

My punt is for 16.8c.

Posted
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
  • Weather Preferences: cold winters, cold springs, cold summers and cold autumns
  • Location: Yorkshire Puddin' aka Kirkham, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom

19C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I can't see it being the impressive month some forecasts are Making it out to be. A fairly dry month that will be cool at times interspersed with short very warm spells. That mid Atlantic ridge is far too persistent and strong for my liking in terms of heat. Nevertheless I expect it will be a fair bit better than may. My prediction is 15.1c.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Going to agree with Blizzards, it certainly looks dry although the teleconective pattern is certainly not better than 2006, so 15.8C is what i am sticking with, 1.2C above average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

15.9C for me thanks