Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June CET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

16.9 please

Posted

Not one prediction has come in below the 1961-90 or 1971-00 average yet. The prediction range currently sits between 14.3C and 17.2C.

Posted

IMO i think those going a for a cool opening could be way off the mark, it would take a lot for the models to back track to a cool pattern, it looks nailed for a half decent start to the month, dare i say the perfect start IMHO.

On another note was June 1976 the warmest on record?

Btw my cet is changing im going from 16.7 to 17.2 please.

Edited by snowlover2009

Posted

The problem I think we have this June and through the summer generally, is that low pressure will continue to run to the north of Scotland and into Scandinavia. This will have the effect of regularly pulling high pressure back into the Atlantic and keeping the air from an Atlantic based source. Even so, there will be some limited hot spells and with pressure high I think we're in for another very dry month away from northern Scotland.

Putting it all together I'm going for a CET of 15.4

A warm month, but not a classic June, and that probably goes for summer, too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think I will go for 15.8c please.

Posted

IMO i think those going a for a cool opening could be way off the mark, it would take a lot for the models to back track to a cool pattern, it looks nailed for a half decent start to the month, dare i say the perfect start IMHO.

On another note was June 1976 the warmest on record?

Btw my cet is changing im going from 16.7 to 17.2 please.

T+168 is pretty far from nailed on!! There is plenty of scope for a downrgade as the signal for a mid atlantic ridge still persists IMO. It won't take much for the HP cell to position itself to our west with the jet tumbling over the top, this mornings GFS 00z hints at this. If anything I'll be making a dowward revision to my prediction.

See the opening post for June records etc.

Posted

The problem I think we have this June and through the summer generally, is that low pressure will continue to run to the north of Scotland and into Scandinavia. This will have the effect of regularly pulling high pressure back into the Atlantic and keeping the air from an Atlantic based source. Even so, there will be some limited hot spells and with pressure high I think we're in for another very dry month away from northern Scotland.

Putting it all together I'm going for a CET of 15.4

A warm month, but not a classic June, and that probably goes for summer, too

Posted

Ok I am going to go with 15.5 degrees so appreciably above average but nothing outstanding. I do foresee alot of warm weather for England and Wales especially the south but no really exceptional hot weather. The north will unfortunately be prone to atlantic sourced air with shortwave/frontal activity from time to time as azores high advects westwards from time to time. I suspect July and August will see a different pattern to June with perhaps much more of an atlantic influence for all.. not necessarily good for those predicting a long hot summer.. Best make the most of June..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

A warm spell right at the start is the month is always a good sign as it leaves plenty of time for another one later on in the month. Therefore i'm going for another above average month.

15.8c

Edited by Milhouse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, snow in winter, wind in Autumn and rainbows in the spring!

15.7C for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

15.4C for me :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Hi all,

As time is getting on I thought would open a new thread for the June CET. The averages for June are as follows...

1961-90 14.2°C

1971-00 14.1°C

Mr Data , when was the last time we had a bang on average month ?

14.1c for me

Posted

15.2C for me please. :good: