Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June CET

Posted

Hi all,

As time is getting on I thought would open a new thread for the June CET. The averages for June are as follows...

1961-90 14.2°C

1971-00 14.1°C

It's curious that the 1971-2000 value is lower than the 1961-1990 value. As for the last decade, 2003 was the warmest coming in at 16.1°C, with 2008 being the coldest at 13.9°C

As for the all time records, there are a few perhaps dubious recordings in the 1600's, interestingly the 1670's show the coldest month (1675 at 11.5°C) and the second warmest (1676 at 18.0°C). More recent records show 1846 as the all time warmest at 18.2°C, with 1909, 1916 and 1972 recording cool 11.8°C values.

Edited by Jack Wales

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The 1981-2010 average is also 14.6C.

May revise on the 29th however my prediction is 15.8C, 1.2C above average and the warmest June since 2006.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I will be waiting untill the last possible moment before posting my prediction but as it stands at the moment i would be going several degrees higher than average.

Posted

Im going for 16.4c, just over two degrees above average, i do have the feeling it will be a warm month for most but much more unsettled than the last few Junes have been.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Even the end of May is uncertain let alone June, I will probably go for above average as usual thoughacute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Very cool/cold to start (Whit holiday week) NW winds 10C max ish for first 5-6 days, but warming up, then prediction hot for Wimbledon, last 10 days

fairly average month at 14.5C

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nothing out standing dry with temps coming around 14.6c held back by cool nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Can someone tell me how I would actually work out the CET based on a GFS run as an example? Up to now I have just been guessing lol.

My guess is 15.9C.

Edited by Funnel

Posted

Can someone tell me how I would actually work out the CET based on a GFS run as an example? Up to now I have just been guessing lol.

My guess is 15.9C.

As model runs change so often, I find it's best to break the month down into 4 weeks and make best estimates for each week and then take the average. The first two weeks are easier as model runs can help with forecasting. The last two months are a little more tricky and require some interpretation of teleconnections, although there are some longer range models such as CFS. It's all good fun tho'!

Edited by Jack Wales

Posted

I'm going to go for a warmer than average month though nothing exceptional, 15.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

My guess is 15.9C.

Or like me and guess :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

17.2C for me please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

A mainly dry and very warm month, not as hot as 1976 though, but with few cyclonic spells.

16.1C

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

I think it will be rather warm after the first week or so, so I will go for 16.5c please.

Posted

16.7 for me please, it is going to be a very warm one, dry too and it all kicks off around mid week next week, with our first high pressure from the Azores, linking up with the high over Europe, just like last nights ecm and just recently, the 12z gfs. July will send alarm bells ringing, people won't expect June to be just the beginning! August to be the decline of summer from middle I would think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

14.4C for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

15.7C