Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Big Foot, Ghosts, Lost Cities...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

There is so much we know, yet also so much that we don't.

Many discoveries of maps are to be explained,for example-where did Atlantis city go...

was it really there, did it exist at all,if it did where is it? maps from Ancient times show where it was..but no evidence yet to show a city existed where the map shows..although something was found not long ago that resembled a square risen rocky area on the seabed-i did actually draw over the outlines! and it was interesting to see the patterns of where the city could have been, but are we sure its a real image that got in the paper? if it is why are they not looking down on the seabed for this area? (ive not heard/read anymore about it) but if it is real then what its not..is real strong evidence of a settlement, until they do dig it up of scan it with radar with more technology.

anyway thats started of the discussion, please discuss anything thats an unexplained mystery, from bigfoot, the yeti, ghosts, lost cities, bermuda triangle, sea monsters or whatever you like!!

heres a website thats full of exciting Unexplained Mysteries

Link

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Atlantis was on the island of Thera or Santorina in the med. The volcanic eruption also helped destroy the Minoan who were an extremely advanced culture at the time.

'Some time later there were earthquakes and floods of extraordinary violence, and in a single dreadful day and night all your life [ie, Athenian] fighting men were swallowed up by the earth, and the island of Atlantis was similarly swallowed up by the sea and vanished

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

There is a programme on at 8.30 BBC1 tonight about Egypts lost cities looks interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

There is a programme on at 8.30 BBC1 tonight about Egypts lost cities looks interesting

i know and i missed it as was busy..must check for a repeat on tv.

..or it would be online to watch.

anyway check this out if you never saw it at the time, this is the image i was on about in my first post, it does look like something is there.

Atlantis Found?

just off to find it on google earth...

Posted

just had a look around the area on google earth, took a few images, and edited a couple to bring out the detail a touch- on the first image i have circled it as its tiny, this image is to show where this is, as you can see its west of Morocco and near the Canaries, Spain

post-11361-0-98766800-1306814071_thumb.j

post-11361-0-18021100-1306813493_thumb.j

post-11361-0-67623100-1306813498_thumb.j

post-11361-0-42110400-1306813506_thumb.j

post-11361-0-26142900-1306813560_thumb.j

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Found this site about Atlantis http://www.ufodigest.com/atlantis-discover.html i found it a very interesting read.

Posted

The sea floor there does show regular fracture lines away from that particular area.

It will be caused by the crust spreading from what looks like a volcanic ridge to the left/west.

What sort of scale are the features?

If you compare it to Morrocco in first shot they are far too big to be indicating buildings and roads, even on a monumnetal scale.

What conceivable natural process could have made the area drop from above sealevel in human history to such a depth in a very short time :nonono:

Edited by 4wd

Posted

This link explains the scale of the markings on the sea bed http://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/atlantis-spotted-on-ocean-floor-off-africa/ They say its close to the size of Wales.

Posted

It just goes to show when looking up things of this nature, it taks a lot of head scratching to sive out all the misinformation. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Posted

I must say it does seem staged as of all the Big Foot vids. Of course they never saw it untill they replayed the vid, as is always the case. But if i ever see it out and about, i'll chase after it and restrain it. :whistling:

Edited by snowrob

Posted

I could just about believe in Big Foot actually.

Although what 'he' actually is may be being mis-interpretted.

A creature as large as that could probably remain largely unseen in many parts of the UK especially where there is extensive woodland.

In the huge and remote American north-west being hardly ever spotted would be a doddle for an intelligent animal which understood it must never be seen by people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I could just about believe in Big Foot actually.

I prefer to think of it as possibly being a shape shifting inter-dimensional being.....far more exciting rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well MKs maybe we should have the title include all 'Otherworldly' beings?

Seems odd that the Celts and such should know them as being from the 'Otherworld' and have them existing in the same space and time as the rest of us just 'shifted' into another realm of being (Esp. in the light of String theory?).

Maybe the folk who talk of such and believe in our approach to a 'reconciliation' with such are not as 'whacked out' as some would see them to be? Maybe quantum physics is about to reveal a possible 'gateway' between our 'realm' and theirs?

EDIT: I'd be off with the fairies in a shot (if I'm not already?), they seem to have a blessed existence of 'Party on down' over there?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

This link explains the scale of the markings on the sea bed http://xenophilius.w...oor-off-africa/ They say its close to the size of Wales.

‘It’s true that many amazing discoveries have been made in Google Earth – a pristine forest in Mozambique that is home to previously unknown species, a fringing coral reef off the coast of Australia, and the remains of an Ancient Roman villa, to name just a few,’ said a spokesman for Google.â€In this case, however, what users are seeing is an artifact of the data collection process. Bathymetric (or sea-floor terrain) data is often collected from boats using sonar to take measurements of the sea-floor. ‘The lines reflect the path of the boat as it gathers the data. The fact that there are blank spots between each of these lines is a sign of how little we really know about the world’s oceans.†The perfect rectangle was spotted by a British aeronautical engineer who claimed it looked like a ‘man-made aerial map’ of a city. – dailymail.

One of the most exciting things for me is to discover something not yet found.

Posted
now that is a very good footage of bigfoot!! if the walkers are in on the act then they are very good at it! watching the people being filmed i didn't notice them looking like you would if you know it going to appear-because you are in on it, but these two did not show anything but normal, of course if they did see it then they would have reacted somehow and we would know about it! the camera did not even show that the filmer was expecting the act to appear-then including it in the frame abit more, if it was setup then why not act like you saw it and zoom in or pan more following the would be bigfoot along? and get the walkers to see it and be amazed? so the conclusion is -

1..post-11361-0-18248500-1306892110_thumb.j

2..post-11361-0-65463300-1306892196_thumb.j

3..a very clever film that deserves an award!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well MKs maybe we should have the title include all 'Otherworldly' beings?

Well maybe we should...

Given the enormous amounts of visits by UFO’s and the frequent appearance of these ‘beings’ throughout history I consider the likelihood that space travel over hundreds of light years is less likely than inter-dimensional travel. Just suppose that the sightings of ‘spacecraft’ and ‘extraterrestrial beings’ are the same as observations made by people in the past but due to the time in which they lived they interpreted those experiences differently, as elves, fairies, leprechauns, trolls, goblins, sorcerers, magic and the like.

If these beings have the power to manifest into reality and take on any physical form they could appear to us as anything, including ‘big foot’. Surely with all the technology we have at our disposal we should be able to capture or at least get a clear photograph or video of one of these creatures, unless of course they have intellectual superiority over us. There are many similarities between reports of ‘Alien’ sightings and ‘paranormal’ ones such as temperature fluctuations and the smell of sulphur. Whether these sightings are ghostly entities or extraterrestrial ones they continue to be controversial because there are so many cases where there was never really anything there at all and the sightings can be put down to a hoaxing or a misinterpreted natural phenomena.

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

A favourite topic of mine. You know many phenomena can be explained, the minority unexplained, but like chinese whispers many stories and mysteries become entangled in a web of too much thought and imagination on the matter. I'm a sceptic to all things, ghosts, monsters, lost treasures and aliens, but I have neither evidence for or against one another, and so the mystery continues as it will for centuries.

Posted

A favourite topic of mine...

yes i did think it would be a good topic and its doing ok! there is so much to talk about on this subject, even if you don't believe in bigfoot its a very exciting topic! and their are many many more unexplained mysteries to chat about.

questions can be asked like...do you think bigfoot exists...the answer may be.. no not at all. then i would wonder how someone can say it does not-why not? that answer can be extended to all the questions starting with, do you think(whatever it might be)exists? answer ..no. then why not?

if we are talking about the unexplained then we cannot answer...no it can't exist or don't exist, because its a mystery that has yet to be explained and that has not an answer of..yes or no until the answer is found?.

Posted

A creature as large as that could probably remain largely unseen in many parts of the UK especially where there is extensive woodland.

I doubt it, there would have been stories over the centuries such as with the Loch Ness Monster of some strange beast walking the woods.

After all there have been stories of Bigfoot and the Yeti for years and that is a much larger area than the UK as a whole.

There have been stories of the Yowie, the Australian Yeti/Bigfoot for years.

Posted

Indeed, I didn't mean there might be one here - just that considering the much larger wilderness areas in America and various other parts of the world there are still many places with almost no human disturbance.

There is a tendency for peole to 'want to believe' in mysteries like these, which is an interesting human trait.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I've always thought that Bigfoot (not the American Indian chief who was real) was a bored college student dressed-up in a silly suit??