Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 5

Coast

Posted

Very heavy rain falling now, very large drops too. Thunder can still, be heard as it drifts out to sea

The whole frontal zone seems to be exploding!!

thunder seems to be getting louder here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

A few flashes in Beverley at 00:30 this morning to the south then I fell asleep. Ground was mostly dry this morning so most of the rain/storms must have missed us. Today, at work in Doncaster, the sky has been overcast all day and it has been cool. That pesky CF I bet! However, looking at the recent radar and Bridlington Stormvue there appears to be lightning in or close to Beverley. Last night's light show, if I am not mistaken, was in the Donny area and today it looks as if the action maybe on the Humber.

Just my luck :wallbash:

Enjoy the action down south and let's hope it is a sign of things to come this summer - warmth wise and storm wise.

These rumbles are really deep and cool - Must be travelling over the Estuary making that sound

1 Rumble every minute at present

Sounds like a freight train in the distance! :drinks:

I am seriously entertaining the prospect of leaping into the car and travelling again. It's probably a stupid idea but there is hardly any eastwards movement of the cold front at present and I could be back near the Fens in Cambridgeshire by 5pm. LOL I'm crazy for even thinking it aren't I :p

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Fantastic new cell just formed to SW - very potent, thunder getting continuous now

Posted

People should be banned from pulling bins in the this weather! Sun trying to come out now. :( I'm going to turm off my strike alert or I will cry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Appallingly dismal here - flat featureless grey skies, nasty northerly breeze and barely 15C. Will just have to "enjoy" other storm reports wallbash.gif

Guest Kent-Weather

Which direction do you think it's coming from so I can get my camera ready?

S/SW.. area between paddock wood and sevenoaks

Posted

Hi Peep's,

What are the temperatures like now that the storms have hit? Just interested in how much they have dropped locally.

Cheers

Doozer

Posted
:shok: :shok: :shok: HUGE crack of thunder just shook the whole house and scared the life out of me. The only one I can ever remember being louder was in Memphis, Tennessee last year. Hammering it down again.

Posted

These rumbles are really deep and cool - Must be travelling over the Estuary making that sound

1 Rumble every minute at present

Sounds like a freight train in the distance! :drinks:

I think that will pass to the east of us Paul....it sounds like its just clearing its throat ready for the main rumbles :cc_confused:

Im hearing rumbles but really cannot make it out where its coming from?

Quote from Talk Sport Radio ...."Its that dark its looking like the end of the world out there"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

NW radar shows intense precip heading right for Wimbledon, with more behind it coming off the South Coast. Remember there's people out there on Murray Mound atm (not everyone is allowed into center court.)

Yeah it showed you loads of them still on Henman hill (Defo Henman hill for me :D) They all had brollys up as well, how dangerous is that in this?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

A few flashes in Beverley at 00:30 this morning to the south then I fell asleep. Ground was mostly dry this morning so most of the rain/storms must have missed us. Today, at work in Doncaster, the sky has been overcast all day and it has been cool. That pesky CF I bet! However, looking at the recent radar and Bridlington Stormvue there appears to be lightning in or close to Beverley. Last night's light show, if I am not mistaken, was in the Donny area and today it looks as if the action maybe on the Humber.

Just my luck :wallbash:

Enjoy the action down south and let's hope it is a sign of things to come this summer - warmth wise and storm wise.

Was in the Donny/Sheffield area but it could be seen form here as it tracked northeast. some nice distant rumbles and lightning

Posted

Lashing down in the city with thunder

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

AWESOME forks on my camcorder footage :D

Posted

Wish I was at Wimbledon right now... the sound of the rain on the roof is incredible! Thunder and lightning too!

Oh to be at home too in Herts... bit of a dull day here in Leicester...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder snow.

just had that thunder rain - came suddenly and stopped just as suddenly - last less than 30 secs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Hi Peep's,

What are the temperatures like now that the storms have hit? Just interested in how much they have dropped locally.

Cheers

Doozer

Temp now 19.2c, humidity 83%, wind chill makes temp feel like 18.6c